IMHO: Sideshow star wars line is dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barbossa

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Now before u start bashing me or agree with me. PLEASE NOTE I'm a die hard star wars fan. That being said. Is it me or is sideshows star wars line dead?!?! I remember 2006 when the line was HOT. The exclusives went for crazy money on eBay. And the even the regulars would sell out fast. Now, the line is worthless. Now there is light at the end of this tunnel. Sideshow does have plans on making every armored character, trilogy and prequel. Can this spark more interest?? I hope so. ESB BOBA FETT probably being the most anticipated!! I just wish star wars had that hot toys quality!!!!! I'm sad to say I've sold MOST of my sideshow star wars figures. I miss having that love for them. The love I have for my hot toys. U know what I mean!?!? I also want to note that I love sideshow. PFs and statues ROCK!! But sadly, in my opinion, star wars line is dead. ;(

edit-time frame was wrong.

Last edited:
Re: Sideshow star wars line is dead

Is the line dying? - No way, see the pics in the Rex thread for example, if that's a sign of things to come then Sideshow are getting better with each figure.

As far as the line being "worthless" that may be the case, but were you hoping they'd be an investment? I buy them only to enjoy them.

Like I said, the armored figures are great. But look at the CW anakin! It's.......ok. Nothing special.

lol, newb joins up and starts the quarterly "it's over" thread.

I'm not sure I understand. Did you sell all your figures because they aren't holding their value? Is that all you're basing this on? If they had gone up in value, would you have kept them?

SW figures continue to sell out. I doubt it's anywhere near being dead.

I do agree that we are over flooded with troopers, but the line is far from being dead.

Am looking forward to the new releases that were mentioned on the Sideshow website. The list include C-3PO, R2, Chewie, Grievious, Boba Fett, Jango Fett, Yoda, Dooku, Grammy, Cody, Max Rebo band, Hammerhead, Emperor's Royal guards.... :blissy

assessing toys based on their value is ridiculous… the Star Wars line has never been better… we are a diverse lot, no company can make every single person happy every minute of the day (i am only into armor and aliens but wasn't calling the line dead with all the Luke variants of the past)…

Last edited:

"I remember early 2000's when the line was HOT. The exclusives went for crazy money on eBay. And the even the regulars would sell out fast."
yeah me too - but now the figures are so much more expensive that they probably selling for the same amount anyway!!

i do think the line is suffering because of "clone fatigue" - i mean rex is awesome but i still thought oh a clone- we need some non clones- and something different- hammerhead, tarkin, or a new bodied female figure
also now sideshow are working with hot toys they need to step it up- have you seen the pictures of the black widow figure
OMG - if they can made a mara jade even hot as realistic sideshow will be super hot again-

lol, the SS SW line wasn't even around in the early 2000's.

Troopers aint the problem, its just they are meh repaint troopers.

I have only Empy on preorder and before that, it was just Lando.

I have only Empy on preorder and before that, it was just Lando.

Ditto.

Right now I have zero interest in the SW line. When they move back into OT stuff and more core characters I will care again.

I have GI Joe to keep me happy now anway.

Bring Back thread Ratings.

I still love my Star Wars figures. The last two I got were Vader and Lando (would have got Sandtroopers, but G.I.Joe was a priority) but I have Greedo, and the Emperor/throne ordered, and I'm eagerly awaiting the Hammerhead pre-order.

This line has been going for 5 years now. I expect 5 more at minimum.

Even the oldest Sideshow figures are new to the scene when compared to other Star Wars collectibles. It is too early in the day to write them off as worthless. Give them 10 years or so and they might become very desirable, and if you let them go on the cheap, you might have the same sense of regret when you let Mother give away your Kenner figures.

People often buy the current hot property toy and are surprised that it doesnt double in value in a year. The same people stocked up on Duff Beer cans and Olympics memorabilia and wonder why it isnt worth a fortune weeks after the event is over.

As an investment, your toys are a really risky option, and if youre buying just for investment, youd be better off buying shares in BHP or something.

The Star Wars line is hardly dead, if it was, Sideshow wouldnt be releasing further figures.

I shower with all my toys. I wonder if that will impact their value :dunno

My main problem with this line was the HUGE price hike for non-armoured figures. This effectively doubled the price of the figures.

Combine this with the INSANE decision to ship everything from the US and the choice of figures (clone, another clone, a NEW clone, clone etc.) and the line has lost some of it's sparkle for me.

Still regret not getting Vader on release though.

The Star Wars line is hardly dead, if it was, Sideshow wouldnt be releasing further figures.

Right. It's not like they waste a whole lot of time when they make the decision to put a line down. If Star Wars was dead, we'd be attending a funeral, not an autopsy.

Back