Unaltered OT Appreciation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FLOSI

Nerf Herder
Reaction score
:hi5:

Face it freaks, the original trilogy is Star Wars at it's zenith. Star Wars (not Episode 4 or A New Hope) is my favorite of the three but Empire ranks a very, very close second. Has the PT ruined SW for you? There was a time when the PT did cast a shadow of crappiness over the OT, which I hold so dearly. Over time I've segregated that crappiness of the PT from the purity that is the OT.... Also, overall I think the SEs sucked too. I liked a few things like the battle of Yavin being redone, but loathed others such as the Rebo band.

Anyway, let the flame war begin!! Feel free to sound off.

starwars460.jpg

1257281602-star-wars-episode-iv-a-new-hope-20061222111307977.jpg

stormtrooper-death-star-star-wars-a-new-hope.jpg

StarWars.jpg

star-wars-episode-iv-a-new-hope-20090204002223184-000.jpg

19.-Star-Wars-Episode-V-The-Empire-Strikes-Back_imagelarge.jpg

I'm not a fan of the special editions at all. Some of the effects that were redone were nice. That I have no complaints. It's the added or changed scenes that I just didn't like. As for the prequels ruining the OT. Not to me. I didn't think they were nearly as good but I still enjoyed them. And SW threads annoy me. I just happened to see a fresh untainted one and wanted to put my post up before all of the crap that stems from them. See yah! :wave

stormtrooper-death-star-star-wars-a-new-hope.jpg

I've always loved this photo. It looks like the stormtrooper in back is using the one in front as a shield. :lol

I'm with you Flosi, the PT were for the most part terrible, borderline animated movies. The SE, while I liked some of the minor improvements, already looks horribly outdated cgi wise. I deal with the PT the same way I deal with KOTCS...I don't watch it and mentally segregate it.

Now, lets take bets on how many posts in is this thread going to get before nam calls you an OT elitist? :monkey3

I'm not a fan of the special editions at all. Some of the effects that were redone were nice. That I have no complaints. It's the added or changed scenes that I just didn't like. As for the prequels ruining the OT. Not to me. I didn't think they were nearly as good but I still enjoyed them. And SW threads annoy me. I just happened to see a fresh untainted one and wanted to put my post up before all of the crap that stems from them. See yah! :wave

:lol Yeah, this thread is still virgin white ATM.... I agree, the touch ups to the originals were quite nice but entirely new or reworked scenes were just over kill. It ruined the flow of the original theatrical versions. :wave

This is one of the first images of Star Wars I ever saw. To me this will always be better than anything done in CG.

I'm with you Flosi, the PT were for the most part terrible, borderline animated movies. The SE, while I liked some of the minor improvements, already looks horribly outdated cgi wise. I deal with the PT the same way I deal with KOTCS...I don't watch it and mentally segregate it.

Now, lets take bets on how many posts in is this thread going to get before nam calls you an OT elitist? :monkey3

I just want to say, before I'm out, that you won't ever read that post from me in this thread. ;)

Yeah, Star Wars in particular - I don't even like calling it A New Hope - is just superb, timeless filmmaking.

This is one of the first images of Star Wars I ever saw. To me this will always be better than anything done in CG.

:monkey2 Yeah Batty... That is f'n gorgeous.

Nothing embodies CLASSIC Star Wars like Star Wars (once again, not ANH or EP4, just Star Wars). The visuals are still the most iconic, IMO.

EP4-KEY-22_R_8x10-prv.jpg

Not only do I love the PT, I also love the unaltered originals, the SE's and the 2004 DVD's! I LOVE Star Wars!!!!!!!The whole saga!!!!

Back