New Custom Built Display Cabinet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

316what

The Real Vic Mackey
Reaction score
Soon to be Hell if I don't change my ways.
Well, with the recent Sideshow additions to my collection, I figured it was time to build a display cabinet worthy of the money I spent, lol.

Below are some in-progress and almost final pics. There will be two of these cabinets, one on each side of my 55" TV. Once the 2nd cabinet is finished I'll fully stock both of them and then finish the much delayed rearranging of my collection so I can take new collection pics.

These pics don't show the glass shelves that will be used when both cabinets are fully stocked, but they'll give you an idea of what it will look like.

346423934%7Ffp335%3Enu%3D3238%3E432%3E%3B4%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3233559653956nu0mrj

346423934%7Ffp335%3Enu%3D3238%3E432%3E%3B4%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D323355964%3B6%3A9nu0mrj

346423934%7Ffp335%3Enu%3D3238%3E432%3E%3B4%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3233559653957nu0mrj

346423934%7Ffp335%3Enu%3D3238%3E432%3E%3B4%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D323355964%3B6%3A%3Anu0mrj

346423934%7Ffp335%3Enu%3D3238%3E432%3E%3B4%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3233559653958nu0mrj

Much better pics coming when I get the other cabinet finished tomorrow after work and can clean up the basement/toy room, lol.

Once you finish you can get started on mine:D ...cabniets look good and so does that TV.....

threeonesix said:
Thanks for the compliments. Both cabinets are finished and put in place. Now the hard part starts: what to put where, lol.

or3wqg.jpg

Nice! Usually I wouldnt like something like that, as it would feel like so much space has been wasted on the top shelf, but I find it really complimants the area, and looks awesome! Also quite arty! Congrats!!

Did you make these yourself? Wish I could do that!:D

threeonesix said:
Thanks for the compliments. Both cabinets are finished and put in place. Now the hard part starts: what to put where, lol.

or3wqg.jpg

They look really cool again, i like the way you display your toybiz figures, i had displayed like that.

BDboystoys: I did make them myself. The first one took forever due to procrastination, lol, but the second cabinet was built Saturday night and painted/lights installed on Sunday.

The Dwimmerlaik: I had to find something that could occupy the space up there and the Toybiz retro box LOTR figures fit perfectly. The other side of my basement/toy room is full of approximately 1,200 opened figures.

Here are pics of the fully stocked cabinets:
oumlpx.jpg

oumlvd.jpg

They are a lil dark because the cabinet lights prevented the flash from going off. If anyone wants to see them, I have up close pics of each of the shelves...and the flash worked on those, lol.

This weekend I'll be adding a shelf above the TV and in between the two cabinets. I'm also designing the next large cabinet since I filled these up and still have some statues that didn't make it in, lol.

nice, I like the way you built that.

Im planning on finally buying some display cabinets and I should have them in hand in around two weeks time.

revilal said:
nice, I like the way you built that.

Im planning on finally buying some display cabinets and I should have them in hand in around two weeks time.

Thanks for the compliment. What type of cabinets are you buying? Any pics or links to them?

I looked into buying some, but quickly realized I could make something, although not as nice, but a lot cheaper, lol.

Looks great.
And it only fitting that Doom sits, while that Sauron fella has to stand :mwaha

Man, i like more and more you cab with the statues when i have space ill tell someone to make it, really a great job!!

i'm in the process of "planning" the same thing. what powers the light? I haven't looked into the lights yet so i have no idea. plugged?

threeonesix said:
I had to find something that could occupy the space up there and the Toybiz retro box LOTR figures fit perfectly. The other side of my basement/toy room is full of approximately 1,200 opened figures.
Really nice looking displays! I was happy to see the Marv mini-bust sitting there. Any chance of giving us a photo of all your open figures?

Batty said:
Really nice looking displays! I was happy to see the Marv mini-bust sitting there. Any chance of giving us a photo of all your open figures?

Thanks. As soon as I get done with all of the rearranging I'll be taking new collection pics. Some days I get motivated and finish a lot, other times I don't do a damn thing for a week....and that's why it's taking me so long to finish, lol.

There are pics of my collection from Feb 05 here: https://www.eternalcollector.com/rustcoll.htm Click the picture and it will open a new window with thumbnails of my figure collection. There might be 1 or 2 figures still in the same place now, lol.

Great looking collection, you always had a nice set-up thou.

I actually sold off ALL my Toybiz, and NECA figures, etc.

Very nice!! I like the cabinets. Are you planning on enclosing those so you don't have to dust so often?

Agent23 said:
Great looking collection, you always had a nice set-up thou.

I actually sold off ALL my Toybiz, and NECA figures, etc.

That nice set-up is a pain in the a$$ when I get the rearranging bug though, lol. I've been working on this rearrangement for 2 months and haven't finished.:google

Back