PDA

View Full Version : Fellow Freaks Help me!!

MercWithAMouth
05-03-2010, 09:36 AM
So I PO'd 4 statues... problem is i can only afford 3 of them.
Naturally 1 must go... these are the 4:

Silver Surfer Comiquette
X-Force Dio
Gambit PF
Sabretooth PF

I'll leave it to you guys to decide for me:panic:

Chapter 2099
05-03-2010, 09:40 AM
My vote is to get rid of the Sabretooth PF.

And whatever you do, DO NOT get rid of the Surfer!! I have a good feeling about that one, especially once in-hand pics arrive. It's on my "most anticipated" list this year.

Shropt
05-03-2010, 09:42 AM
Silver Surfer or X-force. Both will be easily bought later on.

POWER1010
05-03-2010, 09:48 AM
Sabretooth in his PJ's...cancell it!

fuzzylojiks
05-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Sabretooth gets my vote.

aces888
05-03-2010, 10:05 AM
I say the same, get rid of sabretooth.

Flipsk8emerica
05-03-2010, 10:13 AM
I'd say the X-Force Dio.

ink
05-03-2010, 10:54 AM
sabretooth

MercWithAMouth
05-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Why so much hate for Sabes?

INFECDEAD
05-03-2010, 11:43 AM
X-Force must go.
Silver Surfer and that Sabretooth PF especially the EX is killer.

Demimatt
05-03-2010, 12:00 PM
if memory serves the X Force one has no Archangel in it...which is an automatic no go for me

MercWithAMouth
05-03-2010, 12:23 PM
Well they are goin by the opening issue which was exactly the cast you see in the dio

IronLungs31
05-03-2010, 12:30 PM
If I was in your boat I would just let the diorama go first.

azurepred
05-03-2010, 12:57 PM
Why so much hate for Sabes?

cause hes in his pj's :dunno You guys are starting to make me consider getting rid of my sabes as well, but Wolvie is stayin.

meanstreak
05-03-2010, 01:15 PM
X-Force....

draekus
05-03-2010, 02:08 PM
The only one I 've got on order from your list is Gambit. I'd say keep Sabes...I dislike his PJ look but the sculpt is awesome.

X-force dio is w/e for me. Although I like the black/gray costumes the lack of Archangel is a deal breaker.

Lastly is Silver Surfer. I like the character but don't like anything about the comiquette pics shown so far. Plus he's the only non "X" related character on your list (although he'll probably blend in with the rest of your collection)..If I had to I'd get rid of him.

Danielito
05-03-2010, 02:51 PM
i let the x-force dio go since it would've been my 1st marvel dio and just stuck with the PF's and comiquettes

MercWithAMouth
05-03-2010, 03:18 PM
AHHH! still not decided... i still got a few weeks till deadline

FLOSI
05-03-2010, 03:21 PM
Get rid of the dio...

DarkDaysinVegas
05-03-2010, 06:12 PM
X Force dio. Nix it!

Kibishii
05-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Out of every "choice" thread, this is by far the easiest...

GET RID OF THE X-FORCE DIO

Trust me, it will be on the gift card list soon enough. It is out of scale with the other dioramas, no Archangel, and it just isn't that cool.

If you cancel the EX Sabertooth, you will be considered a major failure and no longer worthy of the any nicknames related to Deadpool. :cuckoo:

MercWithAMouth
05-03-2010, 06:49 PM
Out of every "choice" thread, this is by far the easiest...

GET RID OF THE X-FORCE DIO

Trust me, it will be on the gift card list soon enough. It is out of scale with the other dioramas, no Archangel, and it just isn't that cool.

If you cancel the EX Sabertooth, you will be considered a major failure and no longer worthy of the any nicknames related to Deadpool. :cuckoo:

Sabes was never really in any danger of being canceled.. it was either gunna be Gambit or Silver Surfer... i'm partial to X-Force bc i've been into it since the 1st issue

jinxx
05-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Cancel the Surfer or Gambit! Cancel the X-force Dio EX and you're dead to me!:emperor

:peace

Kibishii
05-03-2010, 06:58 PM
... i'm partial to X-Force bc i've been into it since the 1st issue

I would say cancel the Surfer then...I bought all of the X-Force comics as well until I quit buying comics late last year. Heck, I still have all of my old Liefield New Mutants & X-Force from my Junior High years.

The problem is that the dio just isn't that interesting in my opinion; the group is just...sitting there. It should have been a battle with Bastion, Stryfe, or Selene.

MercWithAMouth
05-03-2010, 07:09 PM
im thinking about canceling Gambit

MercWithAMouth
05-03-2010, 07:10 PM
Cancel the Surfer or Gambit! Cancel the X-force Dio EX and you're dead to me!:emperor

:peace

Don't worry jinxxy, i'll never cancel the X-force dio EX:hi5:

kinqcuonq
05-03-2010, 08:21 PM
I would cancel the Gambit out of all that you mentioned. If you still really want him, I don't think he will be a problem to get down the line. Plus I hear a comiquette will be released as well.

Shai
05-03-2010, 08:25 PM
cancel none of them...Find more $$$.Its easy.

filip629
05-03-2010, 10:15 PM
Cancel any pajama wearing statue you ordered! You can't go wrong!:rotfl

JosephCPR
05-04-2010, 05:06 AM
I would cancel the Surfer, as I don't think the EX print is necessary at all. The other three pieces, at least, have some extra accesory. Hope it helps

Loquae
05-04-2010, 05:11 AM
I'd cancel the x-force dio.

kronic3200
05-04-2010, 05:28 AM
If you have to cancel any of them I'd say to cancel the surfer since you seem partial to mutants and the mutant story line, so the surfer just doesn't fit. That and the fact that alot of people aren't sold on the non chrome look.

BatFanatic
05-04-2010, 11:49 AM
Dump the Surfer.
Bowen's chrome version is the Grail.

MercWithAMouth
05-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Its come down to either Gambit or SS

Shai
05-04-2010, 02:48 PM
i'm seeing the ex x-force dio as a sleeper hit.keep it.

MercWithAMouth
05-04-2010, 02:52 PM
i'm seeing the ex x-force dio as a sleeper hit.keep it.

Yea i am planning to... i'm thinkin surfer might be canceled but its gunna be a hard choice

Chapter 2099
05-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Yea i am planning to... i'm thinkin surfer might be canceled but its gunna be a hard choice

Let me just refer you to the bolded portion of the quote below:

My vote is to get rid of the Sabretooth PF.

And whatever you do, DO NOT get rid of the Surfer!! I have a good feeling about that one, especially once in-hand pics arrive. It's on my "most anticipated" list this year.

:lecture

Chapter 2099
05-04-2010, 03:11 PM
This thread needs a poll IMO.

Colossus
05-04-2010, 04:31 PM
PF Sabertooth or X-Force if its not the EX

MercWithAMouth
05-04-2010, 05:22 PM
EX or FAIL! i always order ex

Shai
05-04-2010, 06:37 PM
If you do not order an ex of everything you should die IMO.

MercWithAMouth
05-04-2010, 06:41 PM

:lecture:lecture:lecture

jbinny
05-04-2010, 06:42 PM

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Chapter 2099
05-04-2010, 06:44 PM

Geez. :lol

Has anyone ever thought of starting an "Ask Shai" thread? It would be similar to the "Ask Sideshow" section, but it would encompass so much more, ranging from dating advice to financial help and everything inbetween.

I think Shai is up to it. And it would almost certainly bring in more members and "traffic" here to the boards. Everyone wins. :yess:

MercWithAMouth
05-04-2010, 06:46 PM

Has anyone ever thought of starting an "Ask Shai" thread? It would be similar to the "Ask Sideshow" section, but it would encompass so much more, ranging from dating advice to financial help and everything inbetween.

I think Shai is up to it. And it would almost certainly bring in more members and "traffic" here to the boards. Everyone wins. :yess:

I'd definitely be up for that :rotfl

The amount of win in that thread would be EPIC:clap:yess:

jbinny
05-04-2010, 06:46 PM

I think I hear a song...

Could it be?

MercWithAMouth
05-04-2010, 06:49 PM
NO SONGS! !!!

Chapter 2099
05-04-2010, 06:54 PM
I think I hear a song...

Could it be?

I hear it too....

It sounds like....

*waits for Jake* :lol

jbinny
05-04-2010, 07:06 PM
]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Z4m4lnjxkY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Z4m4lnjxkY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Chapter 2099
05-04-2010, 07:07 PM
:yess: :exactly:

Captain Spidey
05-05-2010, 01:43 AM
Silver Surfer or X-force. Both will be easily bought later on.

:exactly: Although these are both great statues I think you will have no problem getting them later on.

ecekat
05-05-2010, 03:18 AM
i cancelled sabretooth ex and gambit ex.cancel those 2 and x force dio.:exactly:

Darth Snoopy
05-05-2010, 03:40 AM
PF Sabertooth or X-Force if its not the EX

:lecture Ditto.

CelticWarrior
05-05-2010, 07:03 AM
cancel the dio.. hands down

jinxx
05-05-2010, 08:56 AM
i cancelled sabretooth ex and gambit ex.cancel those 2 and x force dio.:exactly:

I've never seen so much FAIL in a post. Ever!:thwak

Anyhoo, I might cancel the Wolverine PF for this Brown variant everyone's been talking about. Oi! I have a lot of convincing to do...:monkey4

hunnipot85
05-05-2010, 09:20 AM
Its come down to either Gambit or SS

:lol why ask for help if you didn't take it?

Majority said the dio and I agree... or Sabertooth. ;)

ecekat
05-05-2010, 09:55 AM
I've never seen so much FAIL in a post. Ever!:thwak

Anyhoo, I might cancel the Wolverine PF for this Brown variant everyone's been talking about. Oi! I have a lot of convincing to do...:monkey4

if i had money i wont fail....:slap:slap:slap

jinxx
05-05-2010, 10:14 AM
if i had money i wont fail....:slap:slap:slap

:lol

I'm keeping Sabretooth and that's it, no more PF's. I'm sticking with comiquettes from now on. Call me traditional but whatevs! Comiquettes FTMW!:winner

jbinny
05-05-2010, 11:01 AM

I'm keeping Sabretooth and that's it, no more PF's. I'm sticking with comiquettes from now on. Call me traditional but whatevs! Comiquettes FTMW!:winner

Couldn't agree more!!

I just got my converted Spiderman PF from Computerfly and I'm convinced that Sideshow is screwing up by covering these amazing sculpts in spandex.

Comiquettes FTW!!!!!!!

MercWithAMouth
05-05-2010, 11:15 AM
:lol why ask for help if you didn't take it?

Majority said the dio and I agree... or Sabertooth. ;)

Bc in the end, it's about what I want

hunnipot85
05-05-2010, 02:33 PM
I'll leave it to you guys to decide for me:panic:

just giving you a hard time, btw ;)

MercWithAMouth
05-05-2010, 04:01 PM
:lol its cool

MercWithAMouth
05-07-2010, 12:43 PM
UPDATE: so im gunna keep the surfer and cancel gambit

BUUUUUT now i have a chance to get Iron Spidey com. but it's the non EX, do i keep surfer still and get the EX spidey later or do i get the reg. iron spidey?

Corrose
05-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Before I bought my Iron Spidey, I had a chance to see both the reg and exc. in person, After seeing both I passed on the chance at an in-stock reg, and paid more on the 'bay for an exclusive, it's that much better IMO.

Spidey has so much red and gold as it is, that the white and blue in Cap's shield gives it a good aesthetic balance.

In the case of Iron Spider-Man, it's EX or fail.

MercWithAMouth
05-07-2010, 02:09 PM
Thank you for your input

darren1228
05-07-2010, 06:03 PM
Get the Surfer. Iron Spidey is a gimmick costume used to sell more comics.

quadcent
05-07-2010, 06:43 PM
cancel X-Force Dio and Gambit PF.
and as for ironspidey Reg version or Silver surfer, well don't get Iron spidey unless it's the Ex. it's a totally different statue with the tie ins imo.

NIGHTCRAWLER
05-07-2010, 08:03 PM
Wow, i'm shocked to see how many people would cancel the Sabrethooth PF Ex. To each his own, but this is a definate must have for me..as well as the EX Wolvie PF. It's funny...when I first joined the boards it was PF or nothing...now the tide seems to have turned to more favoring the comiquettes.

Corrose
05-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Get the Surfer. Iron Spidey is a gimmick costume used to sell more comics.

???

Not really a gimmick as much as part of the Civil War storyline.

Stark needed some clout on the pro-registration side, and was able to get Parker. Parker had to reveal his identity to the world and so stark gave Pete the best set of armor/costume money could buy to help do his job. That's Stark being Stark. Not to mention, Civil War was handled by Millar/McNiven, no gimick needed to sell comics, these guys are powerhouses in the industry. Millar's talent alone sells itself quite well.

firefly2121
05-07-2010, 09:24 PM
Cancel X-Force dio...Sabretooth ROCKS!

filip629
05-07-2010, 10:58 PM
Wow, i'm shocked to see how many people would cancel the Sabrethooth PF Ex. To each his own, but this is a definate must have for me..as well as the EX Wolvie PF. It's funny...when I first joined the boards it was PF or nothing...now the tide seems to have turned to more favoring the comiquettes.

It's all that spandex and cloth. I collect statues not dolls. As the Computerfly conversion of the Spidey PF shows....comiquettes just look better than PF's. PF's should be made of the movie versions of Marvel characters. That is where the format works best IMHO. The Spidey, Hulk, and upcoming Cap and Thor movies would look good as PF's.

Comiquettes look like the characters are lifted right from the comics. The level of detail allowed with Coms can't ever be matched by PF's. They are covered up by the PF's spandex and cloth. There is no way around that fact.

INFECDEAD
05-08-2010, 01:33 AM
But the scale is all ____ed up.
There is no way around that fact!

MercWithAMouth
05-08-2010, 05:58 AM
It's all that spandex and cloth. I collect statues not dolls. As the Computerfly conversion of the Spidey PF shows....comiquettes just look better than PF's. PF's should be made of the movie versions of Marvel characters. That is where the format works best IMHO. The Spidey, Hulk, and upcoming Cap and Thor movies would look good as PF's.

Comiquettes look like the characters are lifted right from the comics. The level of detail allowed with Coms can't ever be matched by PF's. They are covered up by the PF's spandex and cloth. There is no way around that fact.

So did you cancel sabes and wolvie Filip?

Corrose
05-08-2010, 08:35 AM
It's all that spandex and cloth. I collect statues not dolls.

LOL.
"My dolls have hard clothes, not soft clothes RAWR!"
Funny trying to take an aspect of the hobby and make it cooler than another that's the same thing.

NIGHTCRAWLER
05-09-2010, 04:12 PM
It's all that spandex and cloth. I collect statues not dolls. ....comiquettes just look better than PF's.

I just looked up at my Red Skull PF..and there is no way (at least in my opinion) a comiquette can outdo what has been done in the PF version.

filip629
05-09-2010, 08:57 PM
So did you cancel sabes and wolvie Filip?

Never ordered them. I already have the EX Wolverine comiquette and will wait for a Sabretooth to be released as a comiquette. I only own the Mystique PF and that will be all for me. I don't dig cloth on my statues.

filip629
05-09-2010, 09:11 PM
But the scale is all ____ed up.
There is no way around that fact!

Sure there is. I don't buy PF's so it's not a problem for me. The Mystique PF I own ( the ONLY PF I own) is displayed separately by itself in another room in my house. All of my SS comiquettes scale match up very well and I display them together. The problem PF owners have is they want to mix their PF's with comiquettes. SS obviously has a problem with that. Hence the different scales. This is not an accident. Whether we like it or not, SS wants the formats in 2 different scales.

filip629
05-09-2010, 09:29 PM
LOL.
"My dolls have hard clothes, not soft clothes RAWR!"
Funny trying to take an aspect of the hobby and make it cooler than another that's the same thing.

They are NOT the same. When a painter can take stone and make it look like cloth, flesh, and metal, THAT is skill and art. You want clothes, get a tailor!

MercWithAMouth
05-09-2010, 10:43 PM
Sure there is. I don't buy PF's so it's not a problem for me. The Mystique PF I own ( the ONLY PF I own) is displayed separately by itself in another room in my house. All of my SS comiquettes scale match up very well and I display them together. The problem PF owners have is they want to mix their PF's with comiquettes. SS obviously has a problem with that. Hence the different scales. This is not an accident. Whether we like it or not, SS wants the formats in 2 different scales.

Hmm you make a great point filip... im thinking about canceling all PFs and just sticking to comiquettes bc of it

INFECDEAD
05-10-2010, 07:14 AM

But Comiquettes aren't even in scale with themselves. All the Iron Man pieces are 1/4. Venom is and Carnage looks to be 1/4.
Magneto is damn near a 1/6 scale figure. The rest are roughly 1/5. It is ____ing stoopid of Sideshow having different scales in the same line. It is even more retarded having characters that are not possible in PF form to be shrunk down 25% inconsistently depending on I don't even know what "thinking".

MercWithAMouth
05-10-2010, 11:04 AM
When was Magneto ever made in comiquette form?

ink
05-10-2010, 11:05 AM
When was Magneto ever made in comiquette form?

you mean ted danson? :rotfl

Kibishii
05-10-2010, 04:27 PM
But Comiquettes aren't even in scale with themselves. All the Iron Man pieces are 1/4. Venom is and Carnage looks to be 1/4. Magneto is damn near a 1/6 scale figure. The rest are roughly 1/5. It is ____ing stoopid of Sideshow having different scales in the same line...

:lecture :cuckoo: :goodpost:

filip629
05-10-2010, 11:11 PM
But Comiquettes aren't even in scale with themselves. All the Iron Man pieces are 1/4. Venom is and Carnage looks to be 1/4.
Magneto is damn near a 1/6 scale figure. The rest are roughly 1/5. It is ____ing stoopid of Sideshow having different scales in the same line. It is even more retarded having characters that are not possible in PF form to be shrunk down 25% inconsistently depending on I don't even know what "thinking".

I only own the EX Wolverine, Iron Man, and Punisher comiquettes. I also own all the AH! X-ladies and the EX Ghost Rider maquette. The scale on Ghost Rider is off compared to the comiquettes. It is however a Maquette, so it's understandable why it doesn't match up with the other comiquettes. The only piece where scale is an issue for my collection is the AH! Mystique comiquette. She is a bit larger than the other AH! pieces and does throw off the scale of the other comiquettes I own. It's not something I lose sleep over.

Overall, I don't see a major issue of scale with the comiquettes I own. If Venom seems 1/4 scale, that's OK. He's a massive SOB to begin with. I don't mind if scale is slightly off on the comiquettes. They look good when I have them displayed together, and that's all I care about. I do however wish SS would pick a scale and stick with it. I agree that it would be best if scale were consistent on all of their pieces regardless of format.

IronLungs31
05-11-2010, 12:26 AM

Magneto is 18" tall and you're considering that to be in 1/6th scale?

http://ironlungs31.smugmug.com/Hobbies/Tha-Collection-of-Deadpool/Deadpool-Heisman-Comparison/Deadpool-Magneto-Signed/770915732_AGoeE-XL.jpg (http://ironlungs31.smugmug.com/Hobbies/Tha-Collection-of-Deadpool/Deadpool-Heisman-Comparison/11022112_GHfWP#770915732_AGoeE-A-LB)

My DP is 19" tall at the sword handle.

INFECDEAD
05-11-2010, 06:26 AM
Well the statue might be 18 inches tall but Magneto is more like 13 inches from his heel to head. Just over 1/6 scale.