Help me decide, General Grievous Exclusive or not!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I cancel my preorder for General Greivous or just bite the bullet and keep it?

• Cancel it, your credit, house and family are more important!

Votes: 24 46.2%
  • Keep it, you'll eventually get back into a house buy a new car and find a new family!

Votes: 28 53.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fubeca

Cage Fighter
Reaction score
OK, with all of the high priced items that have been released recently I am almost broke. So I am asking you all to help...

Should I cancel my exclusive General Greivous Exclusive and hope to pick one up one day or just bite the bullet and realize that I may not have power in the house for a few months but enjoy my GG by Flashlight at night?

Whatever the poll turns out to be that is what I will do... (sorry if you are on the GG exclusive wait list please do not vote since your opinion will be skewed).

What I would do is take a look at my collection and if there were a few collectibles that I would NOT like in my collection more than Grevious I would ebay it to help fund my costs for the Grievous and it would free up space to display it. This way you can still live your life with electricity and all.

Grievous is an awesome piece, one of the best things I have seen from Sideshow--maybe the best. I would truly regret cancelling it. The exclusive caped version will not likely be had for much below retail in the future.

That being said, only you know your financial situation, so we are not going to be that much help to you! Collecting these things is just a hobby, and any of us would need to cut back if the amount of spending began to move outside of our justifiable hobby budget and began to threaten the necessities. Food, power, shelter--we need those things, but Grievous is not a necessity. It's not worth walking into bankruptcy court with your Grievous held high! Those of us with families have responsibilities that outweigh our desire for cool collectibles. I wouldn't be much of a man if I neglected the needs of my wife and children so I could buy Star Wars statues for my office!

To the extent that your budget allows it, get everything Sideshow makes that you can afford! Focus on and enjoy what you can get, not what you can't. The bottom line is--almost none of us around here can buy everything we want. Some things will always have to go unordered.

Grievous will be the most expensive collectible purchase I have ever made, and I can just barely afford it myself. Viva la tax return!

This is going to be a great piece. However, if you have a lot of debt or live paycheck to paycheck then I think you should step back and re-evaluate your priorities. :)

Honestly, if you have to ask the question, then it's not as bad as you think. On the other hand, if you have any doubts, maybe you should act wisely.

My expertise is in long answers with no defnite reply. :angelsmil

I gotta go cancel. As someone said the General may be the best PF to date but the PF Star Wars line is in its infancy and there will be bigger, better and badder figures in the future.

Plus, the General would never wear his exclusive cape in that pose. The four lightsabers need freedom of movement.

Although, since someone mentioned eBay, perhaps you could flip your GG for more SSC money. It's not really scalping if the money goes back to Sideshow. :D

Sell some stuff buddy...but whatever you do..keep this preorder !!!!! Grievous will be Sideshow's greatest piece.....Some folks here might think its crazy but I love Grievous even better than the Predator maquette !!! So keep it !! By the way that poll was hilarious and the results just shows how much people here are dedicated to Sideshow...

I personally would keep it, and sell other lesser liked items to fund it.
OR if you get it and decide that it really isn't your cup o' tea, you could
easily (I believe) sell it for what you paid for it on the board or on Ebay.

I don't believe the SS Exc. GG PF will go down in price. The regular version
will likely be able to be picked up for cheap, but not the exclusive.

Just my .02 on it though. Good luck with the decision! :peace

JS :)

If it is coming down to possible financial hardships and evaluating priorities, just keep in mind there are more important things in life beside collectibles. No matter how awesome they may look :D

Just keep it.....If you pass on it now it will eat you up later, and like it has been said before ,if you get and dont like it you will have the chance to sell....the exclusive GG will keep at the least its retail value probably more..beside who doesn't live in a little debt theses days:D

I couldn't aford the 1:1 legend bust but I got it anyway....bottom line is how bad you you want it....I have waited 20 years for something as awecore as the 1:1 Legend bust...can you say that GG is that important to you?

Cancel it, your credit, house and family are more important!

If people are taking this poll serious, I am actually shocked by some of the responses.

If this is truly your thought process, then cancel it.

Think about what really matters in life. These are just material objects. They should not interfere with truly important things in your life. Does your house need improvements? Are you saving for your children's education? Are you being responsible by purchasing enough life insurance? etc...

When your grey and old, what do you think will matter more to you? :gandalf

WetaWork said:

...General Grievous on my shelves looking at me with his big yellow alien eyes and saying:'' Thanks for keeping me all those years..''

WetaWork said:
If people are taking this poll serious, I am actually shocked by some of the responses.

If this is truly your thought process, then cancel it.

Think about what really matters in life. These are just material objects. They should not interfere with truly important things in your life. Does your house need improvements? Are you saving for your children's education? Are you being responsible by purchasing enough life insurance? etc...

I think the Poll is just more of a gag thing and people taking the time to post thoughts would be more important to Scott. Everyone here knows for sure what's more important to suggest otherwise is just silly.:rolleyes:

Shaihulud said:
...General Grievous on my shelves looking at me with his big yellow alien eyes and saying:'' Thanks for keeping me all those years..''

:mwaha:mwaha.lol.....I agree 100%

jlcmsu said:
I think the Poll is just more of a gag thing and people taking the time to post thoughts would be more important to Scott. Everyone here knows for sure what's more important to suggest otherwise is just silly.:rolleyes:

Sure everyone knows what is more important but what people think and what people do is entirely different. To some people, collecting IS an addiction just like shopping and gambling.

This may be a gag thread but I bet there are a few people on this board that actually have a serious addiiction to this hobby and are in fact not being financially responsible and are neglecting more important things in their life like their home, their family, etc...

WetaWork said:
Sure everyone knows what is more important but what people think and what people do is entirely different. To some people, collecting IS an addiction just like shopping and gambling.

This may be a gag thread but I bet there are a few people on this board that actually have a serious addiiction to this hobby and are in fact not being financially responsible and are neglecting more important things in their life like their home, their family, etc...

I agree with you totally. I don't think the thread is a gag per say but the poll is just being silly I would guess.:D

Yeah, when I find myself in this position... I just look around and start thinking of what's expendable.... What can I sell on Ebay? Can I manage just surviving on Ramen? Water is better for me anyway, right?...

And somehow I emerge unscathed.

Keep the preorder, it's going to be an awesome piece... You'd seriously regret losing it. If I had enough cash, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Being broke just makes life more interesting...

Back