GENTLE GIANT....YOUR HAVING A LAUGH....LIMITED EDITIONS???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

pitchin4eva

Posted today on Gentle Giants webpage

20,000 Darth Vader ROTS mini-bust
15,000 ESB Yodas
15,000 sandtroopers 7500 of each
5000 speeder bike statues
2500 Barris and Luminaras (clone wars)
3000 Anakins (clone wars)
3500 Greivous (clone wars)

Thinking of cancelling now & picking up for $20 later :lol :puke

How can GG justify calling them LE?

Re: GENTLE GIANT....YOUR HAVING A LAUGH....LIMITED EDITIONS?

Is GG out of their mind? I think I will wait till most of these go on clearance to pick them up.

Dam, Im cancelling. Good point Pitch, ebay later.

I have to say I'm very shocked. Large ES don't bother me, but definitely should have to pay retail with this many out there. I'll probably wait for the discounted overstock as well.

20,000 pole dancing Vaders? No thanks. I can't believe they set some of these so high. I guess they got tired of seeing what a handful of these busts go for on eBay, so they're going to make more busts now.

Re: re

:rollin

OMG.... and people complain about high editions Sideshow used to set!

Your going to be able to find the Vader and Yoda bust in every movie store or whatever on clearence.

High editions usually have a backlash on a collectable company.

BUT anyway at least now we know why there hasnt been anything new from GG in the Star Wars line when you are making 63,500 pieces.

This is the same phenomena that led to 9500 Morgul Lords and Saurons. Speculators drive up the secondary market and the manufacturer says "gots to get me some o'that" and makes more. Result? Plenty for everyone that wants one at reasonable prices. Win/win situation as far as I'm concerned.

Win/win situation as far as I'm concerned.

I dont know I dont really see it that way I think it would of been a win win situation if they would of lowered the price since they made so many.
With that many $22 retail I think would of been fair, then I can see a win/win situation. The dealers would of been able to move them easier because its $22 bucks vs $50.

They wouldnt have to worry about the flood on ebay as much or them being placed on clearence at the local store. Plus with the lower price more people would of picked him up at stores. Stores near me cant get rid of their GG Luke bust.

I agree...the busts...way too many. The maquettes...pretty reasonable IMO. There were only 2500 of several from the first series, with Yoda being at 7500.

But I'm not sure why the Clone Wars LE #'s are reasonable and the busts #'s are astronomical. I guess they figure if 10,000 Stormtroopers are ok...then 7500 of each Sandtrooper should be fine and 20,000 Vader should be fine. I guess they didn't consider the Stormtroopers are set building pieces with some buying more than 1 for the different poses, but Vader & Yoda...why would anyone want more than 1 unless for resell? Oh well....
:dunno

I agree Dave. Who cares how many is in an addition?

As long as everyone who wants one gets one that's all I care about. I collect cause I'm a fan of the property not because I plan on reselling later.

hmm

I for one haven't got a problem with high edition sizes even this high but in the case of the speederbike diarama increasing an edition size from 1500 to 5000 after retailers and distributors have been preselling them for months based on a lower edition size is very shoddy.

Re: hmm

If Bruce Dickinson wants more Vader busts we should probley give him more Vader Busts.
99pcowbell1.jpg

And people bitched about the ES for the SSW stuff :lol The ES really means crappola to me like Dave said but this is funny.

I dont see anybody really bitching about it, more that they dont like high edition sizes.

I dont see anybody really bitching about it, more that they dont like high edition sizes.

Maybe not here about the SW stuff but a few of the SW sites I've checked out the ain't too happy.

Ridiculous numbers ... I'm really upset with the speeder biker which I've pre-ordered thinking it was going to be 1,500 , maybe I 'll cancel it and get if off ebay . IMO an ES of 20,000 can't be considered as a limited edition product, even some DvD releases like the Terminator 1 have a much lower LE.

Back