BUFFY SCYTHE PICS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting that and :welcome

I got notice from Fireside that they'd be shipping in 7-10 days, I'm really looking forward to it. Too bad it's most likely the swan song for Buffy props...:(

I agree, it is a sad day this might be the last prop. However, it really is a nice one - I was surprised by the quality - it is pretty heavy and feels well made.

Darklord Dave said:
Too bad it's most likely the swan song for Buffy props...:(

Hopefully not; someone at the btvsfigs board talked with the LMTD by CAS representative at Toy Fair, who said they intend to negotiate for the Buffy prop license and continue with some of FactoryX's planned products. With any luck this could be a good thing for Buffy props once the transition and licensing is resolved, since many of FactoryX's Buffy prop replicas were very inaccurate (Sword of Angelus) or of questionable quality for the price (Vampyr Book) and perennially delayed.

So, here's hoping it's true that LMTD by CAS really is interested in the license. If so, we may have great things to look forward to down the line.

I hope your correct, it would be great if they continued the line ( and improved it ). But, I am really happy with the scythe. It just feels well made and has a nice weight to it. I did find one problem - the wall stand seems iffy (I am freaked it will fall easily off the stand - it is really only held up by one piece).

mikey said:
I hope your correct, it would be great if they continued the line ( and improved it ). But, I am really happy with the scythe. It just feels well made and has a nice weight to it.

I'm very glad to hear that. :) I've had it preordered and paid for for a while now, and was hoping it would come out well. I was pretty disappointed when I compared the Sword of Angelus to the actual onscreen prop and found that both the blade and hilt were very inaccurate, and was worried they'd create a similar issue with the Scythe. But the final product looks absolutely beautiful. Congrats on getting yours so soon, you lucky guy. :banana

I haven't gotten the Angelus sword because it looked too small and also the hilt is exactly like a generic prop you can get a lot of places for under $50. I assumed they just used something straight out of the box on the show and that doesn't make it very special to me.

The book/box was incredibly disappointing too, poorly done and far from worth the $100 it cost.

But I have high hopes for the scythe, if anything is easily identifiable as a Buffy prop - that's it.

I saw her pics, mine does not have those problems - at least the glue and wrap - I have not looked really close for any gaps. We will see as more and more get released how many are defective or have issues.
I agree with the sword and book (even though I still had to get them) - they were a letdown. The orb is nice, but the orb itself is resin (one would think it would be glass at least) and the box does not close with the orb inside (but still, for what it is - not too bad).

I am fairly certain that LTMD by CAS is going to continue with the Buffy props also there is a thread over on the palisades forum about the change over.

Got my Scythe today! Thanks Bob!

This thing weighs a ton! I'm almost wishing they went with resin like the actual prop. And the plaque for wall mounting only has one screw hole to put it on the wall, I'm going to have to figure out a way to make it more secure.

The red paint on the chrome is a bit sloppy on mine, but it looks like I'll be able to scrape it off where it's not supposed to be. Have to be careful with that so as not to scratch the chrome.

Overall I'm pretty pleased with it. Definitely a distinctive looking weapon. But I'm worried I'll now have to start collecting swords and things so it won't be lonely...:monkey2

Well I picked up my Slayer Scythe on Friday. :blissy But I must say, I'm not 100% satisfied. The quality is definitely not the same as the UC Lord of the Rings stuff I normally buy. Although I paid $200 shipped (thanks to the 10% paypal coupon) I still think it's overprice. I don't know what the original prop looked like so maybe this is actually how it's supposed to look. First, I'm not a big fan of the mounting plate. Like Dave said, it's only got one screw so sturdiness is a concern. I'm also not thrilled about the metal piece between the spike on the bottom and the leather grip. The section itself is designed nicely, it's just that it's fairly sharp and will scratch/ding the wall where it rests. The wooden stake portion looks very nice. The leather grip itself isn't bad other than how it's glued at the top. It's very sloppy and not neatly tucked in. Mine also has the same slight paint bleeding onto the blade. I agree with mikey that the paint does look vibrant. The metal work looks pretty good as well. Although mine's a little scuffed up and not 100% minty mint. The box was sealed so that's how it came from the factory. Overall, I'm a big fan of the Slayer Scythe and I'm happy I have it but I don't think it's worth what I paid considering a UC Anduril or Glamdring is much less.

oww wow im like 5 years in front of this thread. yes i agree with you guys , the paint job isn't perfect. i have also some paint thats leaked onto the shiny area :( and the silver crome was a little scratched.

oww wow im like 5 years in front of this thread. yes i agree with you guys , the paint job isn't perfect. i have also some paint thats leaked onto the shiny area :( and the silver crome was a little scratched.

It's been used in battle!!! That's all. :lol

Back