Any chance of Sideshow making a Masters of the Universe: The Motion Picture line?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love a Frank Langella Skeletor too! He's my all time favorite movie villain.

But I don't think Mattel would ever give out the MOTU license. Even though Warner bros holds the movie license, I think mattel wouldn't like another company producing Masters.

I dont see it happening for the 87 movie....but...they should make a deal with mattel though (a la hasbro) to make motu comiquettes or vs dios based on the action figures.

What I'd rather see are the Four Horsemen making 80s and 200X style MOTU PFs, distributed through Sideshow.

It has to happen for the 87 movie! The 87 movie was the best thing about MOTU! :rock

Hmmmm. Okay I was 6 or 7 when this came out depending on the release date and while I loved the movie as a kid and still actually enjoy it I don't think I'd consider it the greastest thing about MOTU. But everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

I wouldn't mind seeing some figures or dios based on the movie style at some point but the more classic approach is the one I favor more.

I think I died and was rebooting after it was over, it kind of reminds me of the ROC days whenever GI JOE hit the theater....

I died once again.

Lol, while I can normally separate the old classic 80s cartoons/comics/toys from the new stuff and I try to see them as separate entities and give the new stuff a chance and not just consider them trash since they aren't true to the originals there's not much I can say about ROC. For me when you let it stand on its own and don't compare to the original Joe comic, cartoon, devil's due comics it still ends up in a massive landfill of terrible terribly executed films that smell so bad the regular landfill won't except them and they have to go to the landfill's landfill under armed guard least any bit should escape. My apologies to anybody who liked or worked on it but that’s my opinion. I was once really sad Flint and Jaye weren't going to be in it but after seeing it I was happy they escaped.

Last edited:
Hmmmm. Okay I was 6 or 7 when this came out depending on the release date and while I loved the movie as a kid and still actually enjoy it I don't think I'd consider it the greastest thing about MOTU. But everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

I wouldn't mind seeing some figures or dios based on the movie style at some point but the more classic approach is the one I favor more.

I would say that it entertained me in my younger days but yea I agree it's not the greatest thing to happen for the MOTU history.

A dark time my friend, a dark.... time.......

The Movie is a fun cheesy 80's movie,
Langella rocks, but even when I saw it as a kid I was very disappointed that it was too different from the source material...
It's still pretty entertaining though, and I wouldn't mind a He-man and Skelly from it!

My question answered at last! :D Thanks Sideshow! :D

Monday, February 7th, 2011

Q: Is there any chance of Mattel working with Sideshow Collectibles to make a Masters of the Universe: The Motion Picture line? First I would LOVE to see a Comiquette of Frank Langella as Skeletor and a Comiquette of Dolph Lundgren as He-Man! :) I loved this film as a kid and still do! :) Thanks so much for your time Sideshow! :) I have sent this message into Mattel also. :)

A: Very good question, and it’s certainly something we would like to be a part of! Whether or not the new movie moves forward, MOTU is fertile ground, and we would love to pay a visit to Eternia.

My question answered at last! :D Thanks Sideshow! :D

Monday, February 7th, 2011

Q: Is there any chance of Mattel working with Sideshow Collectibles to make a Masters of the Universe: The Motion Picture line? First I would LOVE to see a Comiquette of Frank Langella as Skeletor and a Comiquette of Dolph Lundgren as He-Man! :) I loved this film as a kid and still do! :) Thanks so much for your time Sideshow! :) I have sent this message into Mattel also. :)

A: Very good question, and it’s certainly something we would like to be a part of! Whether or not the new movie moves forward, MOTU is fertile ground, and we would love to pay a visit to Eternia.

gahhhh.... A glimmer of hope exists!

I don't care for anything Masters of the Universe except for the Sword itself and the 1987 Movie adaptation. I would kill for something from this movie....Anything to be honest. I would even take a PF Gwildor in full Pimp outfit. The exclusive can be a hookshot with fried chicken attached. Take a note sideshow :)

gahhhh.... A glimmer of hope exists!

I don't care for anything Masters of the Universe except for the Sword itself and the 1987 Movie adaptation. I would kill for something from this movie....Anything to be honest. I would even take a PF Gwildor in full Pimp outfit. The exclusive can be a hookshot with fried chicken attached. Take a note sideshow :)

love your ex idea man. :lol :D

Back