SDCC Exclusive 1/6 info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viking28

Super Freak
Reaction score
I dont know if this was posted anywere but here is some nice info:

Revealing their announcement lineup, Bridges added: "We have Mace Windu and Empire Han Solo here at Toy Fair. Then we are shipping the first 10 figures this year. We are planning a San Diego [Comic-Con International] exclusive figure, which was going to be Kit Fisto, the alien Jedi from the last two prequels, but reaction was so strong to Luke and Anakin, we decided an entirely unique character would upset collectors. For the [Comic-] Con exclusive, it will be a legitimate variation on an existing character."
https://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=34722

I seem to remember this info posted somewhere... buried in one of those LONG running Star Wars threads.

If I would hazard to guess, I think that a Sith Eyes/Burnt Jedi Robes version of Anakin Skywalker or an Endor Poncho Luke Skywalker seem most likely.

And since I've just firmed up plans to go again to SDCC this year, either pick would be VERY welcome! :D

Thankfully, Sideshow changed their minds about the exclusive. A SDCC Kit Fisto would painfully defy nature... it would both SUCK and BLOW.

An exclusive Anakin w/ sith eyes seems most likely. His robes will probably be burnt as just an eye color change doesn't seem enough (not sure if this means he'll come with a cloak or not). An Endor Luke most likely won't happen because they'd want to include a helmet and I don't think they're ready to start with helmeted figures yet.

Personally, I would've liked a Kit Fisto exclusive because he's a lame PT character that I happily did not buy and getting these hot convention exclusives can be a real pain. But I can understand how a unique character as an exclusive can really piss off the collector base.

I will be at SDCC and will purchase whatever exclusive figure they offer, but I am actually glad that Kit was not chosen to be this year's SDCC exclusive figure. It would really have frustrated a lot of people, and driven the already crazy secondary market prices for this line through the roof.

Of course, the existing exclusive Anakin is already a prized item, so the people who missed out on him the first time will not be in a good mood if they miss the second one, as well.

:horror COMIC CON!!!! :horror I can't wait!!! I live about a mile away and have gone for the past 4 years.!!!! If any serious nice and cool collectors that would not be able to make it, I can pick up the order for you. :angelsmil

Nice offer Toe, but you have to present yourself in person, with your ID, and your on-line receipt, in order to pick up your SDCC exclusives.

Non attendees have to scramble for the items set aside for non attendance delegation, just like pre-order day.

I hope they will be making the SDCC exclusives available to non attendees
again like last year.
I picked up Werewolf Oz that way.

yeah i wish Gentle Giant would have taken this approach with their exclusive mini bust. Everyone is going to riot over that shocktrooper. God it sucks.

I hadn't planned on getting the Shock Trooper, but then I managed to get an order in for a three pack of the other clone busts, and I am now going to need a red to go with the white, blue, and orange ones I have coming. It sounds like Gentle Giant could learn a few things from Sideshow when it comes to the distribution of the exclusive items...

exactly. i'd rather the orange utapau be the SDCC exclusive, but come on, the shocktrooper is one of the coolest clones out there!

I was able to get the SDCC PF Luke exclusive last year even though I did not attend comic con. However this year I am going all four days and I hope I can get the GG exclusive since I think they do it via a raffle. Sounds like chaos to me.

This has probably been asked many times before but how can I get the Sideshow SDCC 12" Exclusive as I'm in the UK and wont be going?

I've gotten right into collecting these 12" figures and would hate to miss one! :sick

PsychoCenobite :confused:

JohnyBoo said:
I was able to get the SDCC PF Luke exclusive last year even though I did not attend comic con. However this year I am going all four days and I hope I can get the GG exclusive since I think they do it via a raffle. Sounds like chaos to me.

I've heard both JB. I know Han wasn't an exclusive like this and the JF Bust up wasn't a high demand one but they didn't last year and a lot of other places didn't use a raffle to get one of those or other items.

jlcmsu said:
I've heard both JB. I know Han wasn't an exclusive like this and the JF Bust up wasn't a high demand one but they didn't last year and a lot of other places didn't use a raffle to get one of those or other items.

last years SDCC didnt use the raffle system? If anything, I HOPE they atleast limit one per person/ per day of the convention then.

You guys think the Orange trooper would be good trade bait for a Shock?

nash said:
last years SDCC didnt use the raffle system? If anything, I HOPE they atleast limit one per person/ per day of the convention then.

You guys think the Orange trooper would be good trade bait for a Shock?

Nope not at the GG booth and not every other booth either. I believe it was a limit of 2 per person on the Han bust and no limit in the JF bust up because it was only $5.

I'd say it would be at one per case. Heck the Blue should be as well at only 2 per.

Back