Hello from down south

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vader AL

RTR
Reaction score
Well hello. I think my username gives away my location and obsession(I try to convince others it's just an "interest"...and "for my kids" that I may have one day but we all know the truth. ) I had heard of Sideshow while watching a clip on a convention last year, ComicCon probably, and loved the figures but then forgot about them. Well after visiting their website for the first time a few weeks ago I put in an order for 12" Obi-Wan and put myself on the wait-list for the 1:4 Vader and Obi-wan.(since have preodered Mace and will put myself on the wait list for PF Luke and Anakin 12") I must have been in good graces because the next day I was notified that Vader and Obi-Wan were converted into orders. I received the Vader yesterday and could not be happier. After recovering from "the fever" that plagued most of us during the Ep. III movie release I bought most of of the 3-4" figures(whatever the size is) but looking back realized the quality is, for the most part, terrible.(since when did Vader have Arnold S. muscles??) and was about to move past collecting until I happened upon SSC's figures. I am in my upper 20's and for me it about quality and about being able to display them (not married yet and it's my house so the lady friend can keep the pie whole shut about it :) ) so like everyone here, I love SSC's items. Although I did receive my PF Vader the "crotch plate"(for lack of a better name) had about half of it broken off when I opened the package so I have to pack it up and ship it back to SSC and wait probably about a month. This is why I will only buy direct because I know what I'm getting and I know I can send it back if something is wrong and since I will never sell my SSC's, in the long run, it is worth the extra money. Well "that's about all I've got to say about thaaat" and look forward to continue reading everyone thoughts and experiences via this grande ol' site. Take care!

Welcome, Vader!

Good luck to you and your credit card, now that you have discovered Sideshow and their terrific Star Wars products! I also received my Vader recently, and he is just in a class by himself. Can't wait to display him with Obi-Wan. Congrats on getting both through the wait list!

Glad to have you here, Vader... our stories are not much different, you and I.. So I understand where you are coming from. I too started out with SCC shortly after Episode III, thinking about what could possibly be next for my favorite hobby. After all, keeping up with the Hasbro 3/4th figures was becoming tedious and unexciting. And as you stated... the quality left much to be desired...

I was lucky and got to Sideshow's site a few weeks before Jedi Luke came out, thanks to the awesome Jason 7 figure. Now I have all the 1/6th SW and LOTR figures on preorder and am trying to complete my horror and Bond collections. And I'm sure this is just the beginning. Toyfar jumped me up 4 or 5 preorders...:google

You will find yourself spending money in large quantities, and you will doubt your very sanity... But as you have begun to notice, these collectibles will not disappoint once you have them in hand and witness their greatness. Good luck with your collection and with your starting obsession.....

To paraphrase the house from Evil Dead 2...

"Join us...... " :horror

Glad to have ya here Vader. This is a fun place to post and like any other group has its ups and downs. The one thing I can guarantee is that by posting here you'll find you'll spend a ton more money than ever planned.

I appreciate all the comments. If you'd ask me if I'd ever drop $350 on one Star Wars item I would have called you crazy but after doing just that I don't regret it one bit. i refuse to use my credit card, only debit, so I am going to have to put money back each paycheck to support my "hobby". now i just need to start working on building a display cabinet to properly display them.

Welcome Vader...If you are just dicsovering SS your sickness has only just begun:D ...I would go out and find a second job to support you new habbit...um I am hobby...and as some have mentioned you will have a great time posting here...:D

yep, i just preordered the luke pf excl. geez, i guess i need to cancel the cable! :) is there any medication for this!

whoops i meant to say i put myself on the wait list for the luke pf excl.

Welcome Vader. Ah yes, the pre-orders and the wait-lists. We all know them well. They grab hold of us, they don't let go. I've been infected by Sideshow for years. I love it...you will, too. One of us. One of us.

Back