PDA

View Full Version : Computerfly's custom Spidey PF..errr Comiquette :)

Pages : [1] 2

ComputerFly
04-17-2010, 08:46 PM
Soooo, I've got this crazy idea that I'm going to try and turn a Spidey PF into a Spidey comiquette. I keep looking at the fantastic sculpt that Pablo did for Spidey, and I think it's high time we see what it looks like.....under the cloth!

Here's how Spidey starts out:

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/OG1.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/OG2.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/OG3.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/OG4.jpg

ComputerFly
04-17-2010, 08:49 PM
Here's what I am hoping to find under the cloth:

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/SpideyPF.jpg

Tomorrow...NAKED SPIDEY!!!

DarkDaysinVegas
04-17-2010, 08:57 PM
Good luck with that ole' Chap :rolleyes:

I mean you're good, but not that good. :D

I miss my Spidey PF, as for the camera not so much.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

BatFanatic
04-17-2010, 09:03 PM
I'm almost as big a Spidey fan as a BatFan, but I remember when this item was originally solicited and I passed on it. I don't care for the pose...a little too static...and the eyes too big. Good luck with your project, I think it'll look better without the fabric that's for sure.

ComputerFly
04-17-2010, 09:05 PM
LOL, yeah, Spidey does have a huge set on him...

EYES, I MEAN EYES... get your minds out of the gutter.

These eyes were definitely a McFarlane style eye (which I like.)

Chapter 2099
04-17-2010, 09:06 PM
Good luck with that ole' Chap :rolleyes:

I mean you're good, but not that good. :D

I miss my Spidey PF, as for the camera not so much.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Don't tell me you sold the Spidey Ex. I sold you. :monkey2

jbinny
04-17-2010, 09:10 PM
Awesome awesome awesome!!!

DarkDaysinVegas
04-17-2010, 09:12 PM
Don't tell me you sold the Spidey Ex. I sold you. :monkey2

You're a quick one. I'll give you that good sir.

I actually donated it for scientific studies. :o

Sorry bro. :duff tho!

ComputerFly
04-17-2010, 09:14 PM
Disclaimer: I am NOT a professional. This is my first go at something like this. Do not try this at home. :)

Chapter 2099
04-17-2010, 09:15 PM
You're a quick one. I'll give you that good sir.

I actually donated it for scientific studies.

Sorry bro. :duff tho!

:lol

I saw the "Chap" in bold, and I'm thinking: "No, he didn't....Wait....well, maybe....uh oh." :horror

I is sad. :monkey2

DarkDaysinVegas
04-17-2010, 09:17 PM
Steve can I get first dibs on this piece, if you aren't 100% happy with the outcome of this experiment?

ComputerFly
04-17-2010, 09:19 PM
LOL, if I ruin it, I might be giving it away! (Thanks to IckWinz for 'donating' his Spidey to the cause ;) )

DarkDaysinVegas
04-17-2010, 09:20 PM

I saw the "Chap" in bold, and I'm thinking: "No, he didn't....Wait....well, maybe....uh oh." :horror

I is sad. :monkey2

Well I got some good news brother! Don't be.

I really will take this off your hands. I just hope I asked first is all.

Chapter 2099
04-17-2010, 09:24 PM
LOL, if I ruin it, I might be giving it away! (Thanks to IckWinz for 'donating' his Spidey to the cause ;) )

Wait, so it's not Will's Spidey PF?!!? :horror

The plot thickens...

DarkDaysinVegas
04-17-2010, 09:29 PM
Steve a little help here....

ComputerFly
04-17-2010, 09:31 PM
I have no idea what you guys are talking about..but it's pretty funny.

(I think Chap's Spidey is in Italy....on vacation):horror

DarkDaysinVegas
04-17-2010, 09:42 PM
LOL, if I ruin it, I might be giving it away! (Thanks to DarkDaysinVegas for 'donating' his Spidey to the cause ;) )

Naw. Fixed :monkey3

I'm excited about this piece. :monkey5

This thread will deserve a rating for sure!

filip629
04-17-2010, 09:44 PM
This can't look any worse than the ridiculous spandex he has on now! Good luck with the comiquette conversion.

Ickwinzs
04-18-2010, 09:28 AM
I don't think you can do anything to hurt this statue anything you do can only help it.

ComputerFly
04-18-2010, 09:45 AM
That's what I'm thinking too bro...

So...he's naked, lol. Pictures to follow.

ozzfan84
04-18-2010, 09:49 AM
Damn dude, you've got some balls! Good luck!

ComputerFly
04-18-2010, 10:15 AM
Thanks Ozz!

ComputerFly
04-18-2010, 10:18 AM
Okay..here we go.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/IMG_1758.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/IMG_1760.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/IMG_1762.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/IMG_1763.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/IMG_1764.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/IMG_1765.jpg

Mesa
04-18-2010, 10:38 AM
wow. I wasn't expecting all the muscles to be sculpted like that below the fabric since they weren't going to be seen anyway.

So what now?

ComputerFly
04-18-2010, 10:45 AM
Well, there are some challenges here. It's not as easy as just removing the cloth and repainting. There is a lot of 'resculpting' to be done. Obviously the individual pieces are separate when they assemble it at the factory. It looks like they have to glue the individual pieces of fabric in place on each piece, and then assemble the pieces.

A lot of the pieces are offset from each other, and are going to have to be sanded down or built-up so that the surfaces are flush.

There are also several seams and holes that will need to filled/smoothed. It's definitely far from a 'finished' statue under there. But, the sculpt is still there from the production photos of Pablo's sculpt, which is what I was hoping for.

Here are some of the challenges I see at first glance:

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/challenges.jpg

Reefer Shark
04-18-2010, 10:48 AM
Damn, that's cool! Can't wait to see it finished.

Bodie The Cursed
04-18-2010, 11:17 AM
OMG looks so much better w/o the gay cloth.. look at the sculpting that it covered up..

Deadly Dagger
04-18-2010, 11:30 AM
bravo...can't wait to see more

Shai
04-18-2010, 11:34 AM
guaranteed to be bad ass results...:rock

jbinny
04-18-2010, 01:15 PM
guaranteed to be bad ass results...:rock

ya think?? :lol

Can't wait to see some more progress... :monkey3

ink
04-18-2010, 01:17 PM
I don't think you can do anything to hurt this statue anything you do can only help it.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

azurepred
04-18-2010, 01:19 PM
thats gonna be a lot of work there, but should look great. At least your not paying someone to do this, since SS will release one soon.

risingstar
04-18-2010, 01:23 PM
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/IMG_1763.jpg

Yipes. Not a flattering angle.
The body type looks off too.

I agree with Ickwitz.

:D

jbinny
04-18-2010, 01:25 PM
thats gonna be a lot of work there, but should look great. At least your not paying someone to do this, since SS will release one soon.

Meh... there's definitely some appeal to having a one-off custom like this though.

Personally, I love the pose but always hated the cloth...

fuzzylojiks
04-18-2010, 01:48 PM
The cloth ruins this for me and it looks way better with it off, interesting to see how this turns out, best of luck CF.

quadcent
04-18-2010, 02:12 PM
can't wait to see the final results, but personally i still like the PF form with cloth. you can see how much effort went into the original now that you see all the different pieces it took to make this guy.
not sure if i'd be willing to do this with one, but if it turns out great (which i'm sure it will) it would be awesome to have a one of a kind to go along with my spidey collection.

come on ssc hurry up with the Com already.:monkey1

quadcent
04-18-2010, 02:13 PM
ya think?? :lol

Can't wait to see some more progress... :monkey3

wasn't this something you were looking at doing sometime ago:monkey5

jbinny
04-18-2010, 02:28 PM
wasn't this something you were looking at doing sometime ago:monkey5

Sure was........

quadcent
04-18-2010, 02:30 PM
Sure was........

Sure was...........................:monkey1:monkey2

eczamurai
04-18-2010, 02:50 PM
looks promising!

ComputerFly
04-18-2010, 03:40 PM
Yipes. Not a flattering angle.
The body type looks off too.

I agree with Ickwitz.

Yeah, you're right. Because this is SOOOOOO much more accurate: :rotfl

http://i41.tinypic.com/s3hr87.jpg

Enigma
04-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Looks better off.

aces888
04-18-2010, 03:58 PM
Can't wait to see finished conversion.

risingstar
04-18-2010, 04:00 PM
Yeah, you're right. Because this is SOOOOOO much more accurate: :rotfl

It's actually so much more of everything.
If you had one, you'd know.

Good luck on your project.
Like Ickwy said, any addition can only be an improvement!
You're certainly on the right track.

:)

tnaig001
04-18-2010, 04:00 PM
you my friend are definitely braver than most of us :D

Reinhardt
04-18-2010, 04:05 PM
Very cool project!! I will definitely be living vicariously through you on this one.

jbinny
04-18-2010, 04:08 PM
I'm 100% certain that the finished product will be 100000x better than that bronze piece.

McFarlane look > everything else

ComputerFly
04-18-2010, 04:11 PM
It's actually so much more of everything.
If you had one, you'd know.

It's actually so much more....neck, lmao!! I like the piece, but the Spidey Bronze is the most haphazard scaled sculpture I have ever seen produced by a major manufacturer of comic statues.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/SpideyNeck.jpg

jbinny
04-18-2010, 04:13 PM
It's actually so much more....neck, lmao!! I like the piece, but the Spidey Bronze is the most haphazard scaled sculpture I have ever seen produced.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/SpideyNeck.jpg

Mr. Fantastic and Spidey's love child?

Batman29
04-18-2010, 04:18 PM
Computer Fly, what an outstanding project to take on. I look forward to the progress on the pics with this!

As for the scale on the Spidey, in real view it does not look exagerated at all, that's because the curve in the arm can be seen with the eye when compared to the outstretched arm.

CF, do you plan to do the modification on some of the sculpting as well as do the paint on it yourself? Personally, I think that the detail to the sculpt seems to be there, just a few minor tweaks.

ComputerFly
04-18-2010, 05:38 PM
Hey Bats...

It isn't really about the Bronze, or the PF. It's about giving respect. I didn't go into his "Bronze Spidey" thread and make a comment about how goofy I think his bronze is, but it didn't stop him from coming here and making a comment on how he thinks a statue I like is 'off'. It just seems hypocritical to say one sculpt is 'off', while something he owns is somehow 'perfect' regardless of how awkward and out of scale it is. I actually dig the Spidey bronze. My comments above were to make a point about disrespecting other members' passions and interests, not to bash the Spidey Bronze. ::jumps off the soapbox::

ComputerFly
04-18-2010, 05:42 PM
CF, do you plan to do the modification on some of the sculpting as well as do the paint on it yourself? Personally, I think that the detail to the sculpt seems to be there, just a few minor tweaks.

Now to your question. I'm going to do the sculpting and the painting. The detail is definitely there. I just have to fill all the seams and bring all the different surfaces together.

sloaner
04-18-2010, 05:54 PM
I'm 100% certain that the finished product will be 100000x better than that bronze piece.

McFarlane look > everything else

So true. Keep up the cool project computerfly

risingstar
04-18-2010, 06:35 PM
Hey Bats...

It isn't really about the Bronze, or the PF. It's about giving respect. I didn't go into his "Bronze Spidey" thread and make a comment about how goofy I think his bronze is, but it didn't stop him from coming here and making a comment on how he thinks a statue I like is 'off'. It just seems hypocritical to say one sculpt is 'off', while something he owns is somehow 'perfect' regardless of how awkward and out of scale it is. I actually dig the Spidey bronze. My comments above were to make a point about disrespecting other members' passions and interests, not to bash the Spidey Bronze. ::jumps off the soapbox::

You took it that personally? You're not new to forums. Surely, you have a thicker skin than that. All I said was the body type seemed off. Surely, I am not the first person to ever comment on that piece, or any piece, for that matter, in that manner.

My arguably passing comment was never intended as a disrespect to you or this thread. As for the pic I quoted -- there clearly was a veneer of jest to it on my part. Goodness, just about every thread I have ever posted in the last ten years featuring a piece I just purchased has had people express opinions I may not have agreed with. That's the forum dynamic. Just look at my recent Alien VS Predator dio thread. Some liked it, others loved it, and others made all sorts of comments regarding its imperfections. It's not the end of the world. At least, not for me. Should everyone start policing what they're thinking of sharing on my threads on the off chance my feelings might get hurt?

All this to say that I get where you're coming from. You didn't appreciate the remark. Fine. Should I run into one of your threads in the future, I'll respect your sensitivities and clear boundaries as to what can and cannot be said, and in what manner, even in jest.

CF, you appear to be one super sensitive cat with a very quick finger on the tantrum trigger. In any event, I look forward to seeing the final product. I imagine it'll look great. Good luck on your project. I sincerely mean that.

:)

ComputerFly
04-18-2010, 06:58 PM
Glad you got the point.

But still, an apology with yet another embedded attack. People like you love to pretend that the person you're conversing with is somehow throwing a tantrum. Somehow I guess it makes you feel like you are superior, or taking the high road?? I made a clear concise response. You got the point. How exactly is that a tantrum?

Regardless, thanks for your best wishes. ;)

DarkDaysinVegas
04-18-2010, 07:05 PM
Ok kids lets get back on track here.... :nono

Anymore updates Steve-O?

ComputerFly
04-18-2010, 07:08 PM
It will be a week or so before I have something to show you. I'll need to get the sculpting done, then more photos.

tnaig001
04-18-2010, 07:13 PM
It will be a week or so before I have something to show you. I'll need to get the sculpting done, then more photos.

Good luck. keep the coffee flowing :lol

DarkDaysinVegas
04-18-2010, 07:16 PM
I hope this sort of reveals that superheroes are better in statue/comiquette form. Cloth just simply doesn't work.

ink
04-18-2010, 07:17 PM
I hope this sort of reveals that superheroes are better in statue/comiquette form. Cloth just simply doesn't work.

spidey will alway look better as a straight up sculpture

aces888
04-18-2010, 07:22 PM
I didn't mind the cloth on the PF, but Spidey's not a good choice for mix media.

Chapter 2099
04-18-2010, 07:31 PM

I'm still trying to figure out if this is the PF I sent you?!?!? :horror

Can't....take....it....*head explodes*

Enigma
04-18-2010, 07:32 PM
Spider-man pants bad. Need rock only better. Wait for next Spider-man, hurry.

Batman29
04-18-2010, 10:57 PM
Ok, I am still not getting what is not so great looking about the fabric on the Spidey PF. I am thinking that if this were a "real" spidey, he would probably have fabric a lot like the PF Spidey ... I am just not seeing it I guess.

All right back on thread.

CF, I am extremely interested in how this baby is going to turn out. I know you have fantastic photo and digital skills, I did not know that you can sculpt and paint too!

To dig out the remaining fabric, do you have to break the statue? Or do you dig it out and fill it back in?

Sorry, if these sound like amateur questions ... they are and I think this is a way cool thing if it works out.

Batman29
04-18-2010, 10:58 PM
Ok, I am still not getting what is not so great looking about the fabric on the Spidey PF. I am thinking that if this were a "real" spidey, he would probably have fabric a lot like the PF Spidey ... I am just not seeing it I guess.

CF, I am extremely interested in how this baby is going to turn out. I know you have fantastic photo and digital skills, I did not know that you can sculpt and paint too!

To dig out the remaining fabric, do you have to break the statue? Or do you dig it out and fill it back in?

Sorry, if these sound like amateur questions ... they are and I think this is a way cool thing if it works out.

ComputerFly
04-19-2010, 05:35 AM

The fabric isn't all that bad, and a lot of people actually prefer it. For me personally, I prefer a hyper-realistic sculpture. In other words, I want the piece to look just like what I see in the comics. Comics characters and their costumes are fantasy, cloth is reality. Cloth cannot mimic every curve and muscle. Sculpture can. Here's an image that illustrates what I mean:

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/spideybagley.jpg

Take a look at the knees...the muscles and tendons in the legs, the muscles in the arms and shoulders. Look at the ribcage. Now compare those elements to the stripped down Spidey sculpt:

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/IMG_1758.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/IMG_1760.jpg

To me, the PF (minus the cloth) IS this rendition of Spidey. If you could reach in to that comic cover and pull out a 3 dimensional version of Spidey, this sculpt would be it. Pablo is a virtuoso of sculpture.

The PF with the cloth is a cosplayer. I think it's that simple. For people that love the cloth, I completely understand why they do. I prefer the sculpture.

My viewpoint concerning cloth really only pertains to Comic characters. Movie characters on the other hand (LotR, Star Wars, etc), I prefer cloth. Cloth is what you saw on screen, and it can be mimicked and reproduced.

Well, I can't actually 'sculpt', lol. That takes real talent. And I'm barely a painter, but I think I can handle this task. ;)

I cut the fabric so I could get a good grip on it, then I pulled it as tight as I could and cut it again right at the seam with an exacto knife. When the pressure was released, the remaining fabric receded back into the crevice.

No such thing as a bad question. I hope it works out as well!!

jbinny
04-19-2010, 07:13 AM
Weeeeeeeeeeeee... I have a new background

DannieDarKo
04-19-2010, 11:56 AM
Weeeeeeeeeeeee... I have a new background

You mean you took me off your desktop background? :(

Darth Waller
04-19-2010, 11:57 AM
This PF looks ten times better already. I can't wait to see it painted up. :clap

Ktjn
04-19-2010, 01:21 PM
It's the new crimson variant EX.

jbinny
04-19-2010, 01:55 PM
You mean you took me off your desktop background? :(

I put Spidey's head on your body... :naughty

Skiman
04-19-2010, 01:55 PM
I have full confidence in my buddy Comp/Steve he is the man I've seen his work and you guys should respect it, who comes into a custom thread and takes a dump on the piece regardless, you knew what PF this was...

THIS IS A AWESOME PIECE and one of my favs, pajamas or NOT so you COM folks can go where it doesn't shine on the Spidey PF.

WORD.!!!!!!

I PROCLAIM SUCCESS and there I've spoken, what is said is all to be said. :lecture

DarkDaysinVegas
04-19-2010, 02:50 PM
"Now, Thats what I'm talkin' bout!" :lecture

jbinny
04-19-2010, 02:57 PM
I full confidence in my buddy Comp/Steve he is the man I've seen his work and you guys should respect it, who comes into a custom thread and takes a dump on the piece regardless, you knew what PF this was...

THIS IS A AWESOME PIECE and one of my favs, pajamas or NOT so you COM folks can go where it doesn't shine on the Spidey PF.

WORD.!!!!!!

I PROCLAIM SUCCESS and there I've spoken, what is said is all to be said. :lecture

Steve's custom will be 10000000000x better than the PF... and I like the PF.

Bullseye
04-19-2010, 03:09 PM
Looking good Steve although i don't think I would be brave enough to carry out this conversion on my Negative Zone Spidey.

ComputerFly
04-19-2010, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the votes of confidence my peeps!

Yeah, this is not one for the Retro/NZ Spideys..lol.

It's coming along nicely. Photos in a couple of days.

jbinny
04-19-2010, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the votes of confidence my peeps!

Yeah, this is not one for the Retro/NZ Spideys..lol.

It's coming along nicely. Photos in a couple of days.

Steve, you're just toying with us... :mad:

DarkDaysinVegas
04-19-2010, 04:14 PM
How long does a conversion like this acutally take bro?

ComputerFly
04-19-2010, 04:48 PM
Years...:)

Isildur's bane
04-19-2010, 07:13 PM
Steve's custom will be 10000000000x better than the PF... and I like the PF.

And anyone who thinks otherwise = FAIL!

filip629
04-19-2010, 10:25 PM

It's a shame how much detail is lost with the PF's silly looking clothes/spandex. This is why comiquettes of superheroes & villians will ALWAYS look better than PF's!

Mesa
04-19-2010, 10:33 PM
Spider-man pants bad. Need rock only better. Wait for next Spider-man, hurry.

I couldn't agree more. I couldn't agree less either.

nash
04-19-2010, 10:38 PM
OMG looks so much better w/o the gay cloth.. look at the sculpting that it covered up..

exactly why PFs should be done away with. leave the cloth for the dolls.

greatwall
04-20-2010, 02:21 AM
Another bad cloth piece, would be the Sabertooth PF.

quadcent
04-20-2010, 05:34 AM
all this cloth/spandex bashing makes me laugh. i mean what do we think these guys would be wearing IF there was actually super heroes :confused::confused:
maybe body paint:rolleyes:

maybe denim :horror
personally i like either way and i'm sure this will look great when done, but there is obviously may who think the cloth is fine also by what these PF (all marvel) are bring on the secondary market.

can't wait for the new Com to be previewed:banana:banana:banana

jbinny
04-20-2010, 05:57 AM
i mean what do we think these guys would be wearing IF there was actually super heroes

What the hell is all of this 'IF' talk?? :confused:

Skiman
04-20-2010, 07:17 AM
all this cloth/spandex bashing makes me laugh. i mean what do we think these guys would be wearing IF there was actually super heroes :confused::confused:

personally i like either way and i'm sure this will look great when done, but there is obviously may who think the cloth is fine also by what these PF (all marvel) are bring on the secondary market.

This man is very smart :lecture

jbinny
04-20-2010, 09:13 AM
My prediction...

You all (myself included) will be floored, people will scramble to find Spidey PFs, and Steve will be swamped with requests for conversions.

DarkDaysinVegas
04-20-2010, 10:56 AM
My prediction...

You all (myself included) will be floored, people will scramble to find Spidey PFs, and Steve will be swamped with requests for conversions.

QFT :lecture

Bubbles
04-20-2010, 10:57 AM
exactly why PFs should be done away with. leave the cloth for the dolls.

Leave the cloth for the Hot Toy dollies.

DarkDaysinVegas
04-20-2010, 11:03 AM
Another thing is though, if that is indeed the case...

I highly doubt Steve will do more than 3 total Spidey PF conversions period.

nash
04-20-2010, 09:06 PM

I dont know about you, but im not buying real super heroes to put on my shelf. Im buying a statue. :rolleyes:

Leave the spandex for the real life super-heroes

and keep STATUES fully sculpted

Happy now?

quadcent
04-20-2010, 09:21 PM
I dont know about you, but im not buying real super heroes to put on my shelf. Im buying a statue. :rolleyes:

Leave the spandex for the real life super-heroes

and keep STATUES fully sculpted

Happy now?

:confused::confused::confused::duh

Skiman
04-20-2010, 09:33 PM

:lol:lol:lol Doug a real super hero wouldn't think like Nash, nor would he make profits.... he's there for the greater good for collectors :lecture

Chapter 2099
04-20-2010, 09:34 PM

I'm happy with my PF. :huh

Comiquettes are great too. I'll keep both, once the comiquette comes out.

jinxx
04-20-2010, 09:57 PM
keep STATUES fully sculpted

I highly concur!:lecture

Skiman
04-20-2010, 09:59 PM

I disagree, -1 for Jinxx

Chapter 2099
04-20-2010, 10:08 PM
I disagree, -1 for Jinxx

Jinxx has gone "rogue bounty hunter" on us again. Break out the Ultimate Warrior .gif to put her back "in-line." (Either one will do I suppose.)

Skiman
04-20-2010, 10:09 PM
Jinxx has gone "rogue bounty hunter" on us again. Break out the Ultimate Warrior .gif to put her back "in-line." (Either one will do I suppose.)

U can't handle the warrior Jinxxx!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=513&pictureid=10173

Chapter 2099
04-20-2010, 10:17 PM
U can't handle the warrior Jinxxx!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=513&pictureid=10173

I even had to put my lapdown for a second, the intensity of that .gif is so great. I think that should have done the trick. We should be seeing a lot less of those outbursts for a least the next 24 - 48 hours.

:rock

jbinny
04-21-2010, 08:32 AM
STEEEEEEEEEEVE... we're waiting!!!

jinxx
04-21-2010, 08:37 AM

Ditto.:lecture

If I want fabric on a statue, I'd buy a HT figure though I've been known to make exceptions...:D

But yeah, Comiquettes FTMFW!:winner

http://emo.huhiho.com/set/livapanda/103.gif

wofford29
04-21-2010, 08:37 AM
lol at the ____tards that think cloth = doll.

jbinny
04-21-2010, 08:48 AM
lol at the ____tards that think cloth = doll.

Comiquette > Premium Doll Format

wofford29
04-21-2010, 08:53 AM
Comiquette = Doll without cloth

jbinny
04-21-2010, 08:55 AM
Comiquette = Doll without cloth

Well now that you put it that way... :lol

Skiman
04-21-2010, 08:56 AM
jbinny = doll that flips

jbinny
04-21-2010, 09:01 AM
jbinny = doll that flips

That doesn't make any god damn sense!!

Skiman
04-21-2010, 09:06 AM
That doesn't make any god damn sense!!

Welcome to my world, da Skizone.

Your welcome my friend and really it only has to makes sense to one person :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:lol

Ickwinzs
04-21-2010, 09:17 AM
It's actually so much more....neck, lmao!! I like the piece, but the Spidey Bronze is the most haphazard scaled sculpture I have ever seen produced by a major manufacturer of comic statues.

I agree here too, the bowen bronze spiderman statue is one of the worst spiderman sculpts out there, I wouldn't give you 2 bucks for that statue. I know I am in the minority I just never have seen the appeal.

DarkDaysinVegas
04-21-2010, 09:26 AM
I see a $2 value there Ick. Would anyone here, take maybe $2.50 for theirs? :lol

Skiman
04-21-2010, 09:28 AM
I see a $2 value there Ick. Would anyone here, take maybe $2.50 for theirs? :lol

$2.75

http://aphrodite.perfectlytimedphotos.com/content/7228/resized/1238729878741.jpg?1267095253

ComputerFly
04-21-2010, 09:34 AM
LMAO! That bird is like.." YOU WANT SOME OF THIS!?!?"

jbinny
04-21-2010, 09:35 AM
There is a certain appeal with that bronze statue, but the proportions are waaaaaaaaay off.

ComputerFly
04-21-2010, 09:38 AM
Well, to Randy's credit, it was very early in his career. I think he was focused on making it look good from one angle, (which it does), and to do that, he hand to stretch the proportions out a little to make it fit his vision. It's still a grail to have one. (I'm just not going to pay $5K to $8K or more for it..that much money buys me a LOT of resin, lol).

Bezzerkerr
04-21-2010, 09:40 AM
I agree here too, the bowen bronze spiderman statue is one of the worst spiderman sculpts out there, I wouldn't give you 2 bucks for that statue. I know I am in the minority I just never have seen the appeal.

All do repect, it may be the WORST sculpted Spidey statue, but it's worth more that most members collections.

ComputerFly
04-21-2010, 09:41 AM
STEEEEEEEEEEVE... we're waiting!!!

I'll have pics of the sculpting up tomorrow before the newsletter..

jbinny
04-21-2010, 09:46 AM
I'll have pics of the sculpting up tomorrow before the newsletter..

You sly devil, you... :lol

ComputerFly
04-21-2010, 09:54 AM
LOL! Exactly, then hopefully it will be painted by next newsletter night, :naughty.

Bezzerkerr
04-21-2010, 11:43 AM
I'm very interested to see how this turns out.

Shai
04-21-2010, 12:07 PM
I like the Bronze spidey..it is really an exact replica of very early Marvel works.The Hulk is the spot on recreation in statue form of the TTA cover.old school wins.Always.

Shai
04-21-2010, 12:08 PM
now what about that PF-Turned comiquette spidey...:tap

updates please.

ozzfan84
04-21-2010, 08:24 PM
All do repect, it may be the WORST sculpted Spidey statue, but it's worth more that most members collections.

It's worth that much ONLY because it is made of bronze. It could be sculpted into a giant red turd and it would still hold it's value because it is a precious element.

With that said, I like the piece even though it looks a little wonky.

azurepred
04-21-2010, 09:09 PM
It's worth that much ONLY because it is made of bronze. It could be sculpted into a giant red turd and it would still hold it's value because it is a precious element.

With that said, I like the piece even though it looks a little wonky.

I like it to...........but to think that a 7'6 Predator could linger in my house compared to the bronze spidey, no contest for me.

ComputerFly
04-22-2010, 08:30 AM
Seams/holes/gaps filled and sanded. Still a little bit to go before I primer it.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/IMG_2052.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/IMG_2053.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/IMG_2054.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/IMG_2055.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/IMG_2058.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/IMG_2059.jpg

jbinny
04-22-2010, 08:33 AM
Mother of God!!!!!!!

ComputerFly
04-22-2010, 08:47 AM
LOL! Is it that bad??? :) It's definitely an ###load of work. Even after filling most of the seams, I painted the legs with a black primer, and then wet-sanded all of that back off to fill in some of the 'dimples' that were too shallow for the sculpting compound.

jbinny
04-22-2010, 08:54 AM
LOL! Is it that bad??? :) It's definitely an ###load of work.

Definitely good!!

it's coming along... can't wait to see it after paint.

Bodie The Cursed
04-22-2010, 09:29 AM
Seams/holes/gaps filled and sanded. Still a little bit to go before I primer it.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/IMG_2052.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/IMG_2053.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/IMG_2054.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/IMG_2055.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/IMG_2058.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/IMG_2059.jpg

Still looks better than the very gay fabric...

rnbuda
04-22-2010, 09:56 AM
Wow thats unreal! Great work!

azurepred
04-22-2010, 11:41 AM
I noticed you accidentally took off some of the red in some places, especially his left arm, are you going to re do the red as well?

Shai
04-22-2010, 02:17 PM
this will be spectacular.

karamazov80
04-22-2010, 02:22 PM
Great, ballsy idea! Looking good so far. I bet this will be masterful when finished.

If he was made that way initially, I probably would have picked him up. Cloth really ruins the statue.

jack burton
04-22-2010, 02:25 PM

Primer, what's that?;)

ComputerFly
04-22-2010, 02:32 PM
Is that a serious question?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primer_%28paint%29

ComputerFly
04-22-2010, 02:35 PM
I noticed you accidentally took off some of the red in some places, especially his left arm, are you going to re do the red as well?

I will color match all of the red. This piece is kind of a 'trial run'. If I ever do it again, everything will be masked. Even then there will be tiny areas that will need color-matching paint.

jack burton
04-22-2010, 03:33 PM
Is that a serious question?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primer_%28paint%29

Not a serious question. I hoped the wink emoticon would convey that. Sorry.

I was taking a poke at the lack of primer causing paint defects on the iron man busts.

You use primer, hence you must not work for sideshow.;)

Skiman
04-22-2010, 05:42 PM
O good joke.

Steve it looks good so far :rock

ComputerFly
04-22-2010, 05:46 PM
Not a serious question. I hoped the wink emoticon would convey that. Sorry.

I was taking a poke at the lack of primer causing paint defects on the iron man busts.

You use primer, hence you must not work for sideshow.;)

LOL! I knew there was a joke in there somewhere, heh heh. I just couldn't figure it out. And you never know on this board, since we have such a wide collector base here, I wasn't absolutely sure. :)

ozzfan84
04-22-2010, 07:21 PM
This looks great so far! I can't wait to see your finished pics.

ChrisCJ99
04-22-2010, 08:03 PM
Sweet... I'm UBER curious to see this!!!! :banana

DarkDaysinVegas
04-24-2010, 10:32 AM
And the thread continues....

ComputerFly
04-24-2010, 10:42 AM
Okay, I need some help. I can't find a good image to use as a template for the spider that goes on the back of the costume. I was wondering if someone with Photoshop skills could make one for me.

I sketched a quick one, and cut it out so you can see what I'm going for.

I'd love for several people to take a shot at it, just to see what you folks come up with.

One thing in particular; the top half needs to be a little 'fatter' than the bottom half. Egg-shaped in a way.

Also, the legs need to be symmetrical. (A mirror image, if you will). As you can see, mine are....not. :)

Thanks in advance for the help..

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/backspider.jpg

ComputerFly
04-24-2010, 11:47 AM
Hold off on the photoshop...I think I have something that will work.

Ickwinzs
04-24-2010, 03:27 PM
fold a piece of paper in half and do your cutout, then it will be the same each side.

vader70450
04-24-2010, 04:24 PM

This thing looks like ____....

ComputerFly
04-24-2010, 05:35 PM
Final update before paint work. Seeing it in primer makes me realize just how perfect this sculpt is. This is how Pablo must have been seeing it as it was being sculpted.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/Primer1.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/Primer2.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/Primer3.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/Primer4.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/Primer5.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/Primer6.jpg

Bodie The Cursed
04-24-2010, 06:05 PM
The anticpatiuon is killing me!!!!

Skiman
04-24-2010, 06:23 PM
Indeed that is very impressive work from Pablo.

IronLungs31
04-25-2010, 06:12 AM
Looks like the plan is coming together.

Adoptedscot
04-25-2010, 06:17 AM
This is gonna look incredible, keep up the great work my friend :duff
x :wave

tnaig001
04-25-2010, 06:51 AM
love the sculpt. awesome. can't wait to see this completed. :D

ozzfan84
04-25-2010, 07:35 AM
I bet the Sideshow folks are just as eager to see how this turns out as we are!

azurepred
04-25-2010, 09:49 AM
this is gonna look awesome, if the reg pfs didnt go for like 600, i would grab one and have someone do this for me

Shai
04-25-2010, 10:01 AM
Computerfly = Big in the pants.

fuzzylojiks
04-25-2010, 11:01 AM
Looking really good so far. Nice sculpt under that fabric.

quadcent
04-25-2010, 11:07 AM
this is gonna look awesome, if the reg pfs didnt go for like 600, i would grab one and have someone do this for me

:horror:horror really?? i thought they were sub $500 still.

jbinny
04-25-2010, 11:09 AM
All I can say is "Get in line, biznatches!!!!"

azurepred
04-25-2010, 11:10 AM
:horror:horror really?? i thought they were sub $500 still.

idk.........well thats what ppl ask for them anyways

All I can say is "Get in line, biznatches!!!!"

no thanks, 1 blue/red comi will be good enough for me :joy

quadcent
04-25-2010, 11:14 AM
idk.........well thats what ppl ask for them anyways

no thanks, 1 blue/red comi will be good enough for me :joy

though i'm sure this will look great when it's done, i'm not 100% sold on it since i really did like the original w/spandex.
congrats to those who are fortunate enough to be getting one done.

com'on ssc now that carnage has been announced when is spidey coming?? will we have to wait till sdcc:monkey2

azurepred
04-25-2010, 11:21 AM
though i'm sure this will look great when it's done, i'm not 100% sold on it since i really did like the original w/spandex.
congrats to those who are fortunate enough to be getting one done.

com'on ssc now that carnage has been announced when is spidey coming?? will we have to wait till sdcc:monkey2

dont you have all the pfs? I had the negative zone, pretty much traded him for pumpkinhead maquette, just bought the classic version pf, I would really like to have a SS Spiderman pf/comi of every spidey suit :sick I know it will be awhile, but I would love a Scarlet Spidey in either format.

quadcent
04-25-2010, 01:08 PM
dont you have all the pfs? I had the negative zone, pretty much traded him for pumpkinhead maquette, just bought the classic version pf, I would really like to have a SS Spiderman pf/comi of every spidey suit :sick I know it will be awhile, but I would love a Scarlet Spidey in either format.

i'm sure it'll happen in one form or another, though like you said it'll take awhile.

azurepred
04-25-2010, 02:21 PM
i'm sure it'll happen in one form or another, though like you said it'll take awhile.

yea, i suggested to SS they release a different costume every year, lets hope it happens. :duff

Skiman
04-25-2010, 02:43 PM
It's an amazing feeling having the trilogy, good luck in your quest.

sloaner
04-25-2010, 02:43 PM

SDCC if we are lucky. I really hope we do see him sometime soon.

Enigma
04-25-2010, 03:29 PM
Legs much much better than original that is too shiny, cannot see muscles.

jbinny
04-25-2010, 03:59 PM
From the rumors that I've heard about the pose, this custom/the PF sound like they'd be a better standalone statue, while the comiquette would likely go better in the set.

azurepred
04-25-2010, 05:32 PM
From the rumors that I've heard about the pose, this custom/the PF sound like they'd be a better standalone statue, while the comiquette would likely go better in the set.

I saw a pic of the pf and Venom facing each other, they looked great together, so I think the pf works just as good if ppl dont like the comi

jbinny
04-25-2010, 05:42 PM
I saw a pic of the pf and Venom facing each other, they looked great together, so I think the pf works just as good if ppl dont like the comi

I can't wait to see Steve's PF conversion with a Venom...

Captain Spidey
04-26-2010, 01:53 AM

Aaah yes. Wouldn't that be great! A Scarlet Spider in PF. The hoody would look great! :banana

ink
04-26-2010, 04:47 AM
nice! :banana

Skiman
04-26-2010, 08:06 AM
I can't wait to see Steve's PF conversion with a Venom...

That's because Steve is not finished with his piece and your eyes might be closed.

HoldyourfireAl
04-26-2010, 11:15 PM

Maybe you should mock Steve Ditko...ya know...the original artist on Spider-Man? It's his art that inspired this statue.

jbinny
04-27-2010, 01:41 AM
Maybe you should mock Steve Ditko...ya know...the original artist on Spider-Man? It's his art that inspired this statue.

You completely missed the point of what he was saying, didn't you?

Maybe if you released your death grip from Bowen's balls for a minute and took a second to read ALL of the posts, you'd get it. Until then, continue creating new picture threads for no other reason than you being an attention whore.

ComputerFly
04-27-2010, 06:37 AM
Al, I suggest you take a look through the first 38 issues of ASM again. I just did, and I don't seem to recall Ditko drawing Spidey with a neck that was longer in dimension than his head. And if you did happen to find an image like that, I could show you 100 Ditko images that aren't.

You know Al, what you don't seem to realize is, you do more to hurt Bowen Designs than you do to help. In your mind, you think you're helping, but all you've done in all your years of Bowen-nosing, is to create animosity toward Bowen Designs.

There is a reason you were banned so many times from Statue Forum, and it didn't have anything to do with members not liking Bowen's products. If I had to venture, I would say the reason so many negative things were (and are) said about Bowen's products is that they were (and are) more to spite you and less to do with anything about Bowen's products. The more you push in one direction, the more everyone else goes in the other..

I'm a big fan of Randy's work. He knows it. Most people know it. YOU know it. Get off your high horse.

If you'd like to discuss further, feel free to PM me, but don't bother responding in this thread.

Skiman
04-27-2010, 06:50 AM
I know it!!!

Just saying...

Hulksmashed
04-27-2010, 08:54 AM

Its obviously an alternate reality sculpt. The classic "What if...." tale:

"what if Spiderman were bitten by a radioactive giraffe instead of a spider" :huh

Shai
04-27-2010, 09:04 AM
Al, I suggest you take a look through the first 38 issues of ASM again. I just did, and I don't seem to recall Ditko drawing Spidey with a neck that was longer in dimension than his head. And if you did happen to find an image like that, I could show you 100 Ditko images that aren't.

You know Al, what you don't seem to realize is, you do more to hurt Bowen Designs than you do to help. In your mind, you think you're helping, but all you've done in all your years of Bowen-nosing, is to create animosity toward Bowen Designs.

There is a reason you were banned so many times from Statue Forum, and it didn't have anything to do with members not liking Bowen's products. If I had to venture, I would say the reason so many negative things were (and are) said about Bowen's products is that they were (and are) more to spite you and less to do with anything about Bowen's products. The more you push in one direction, the more everyone else goes in the other..

I'm a big fan of Randy's work. He knows it. Most people know it. YOU know it. Get off your high horse.

If you'd like to discuss further, feel free to PM me, but don't bother responding in this thread.

that was a great answer.And unfortunately,all very true.

Shai
04-27-2010, 09:08 AM
Ditko's Hulk..:rock

http://images.salon.com/books/review/2005/06/03/ditko/story2.jpg

Bishop
04-27-2010, 09:21 AM
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/SpideyNeck.jpg[/QUOTE]

http://i41.tinypic.com/1e74f7.jpg

I just took a quick flip through my Lee/Ditko omnibus, and it looks like that is THE pic the bronze was based off of. Based on the art, there is no reason for the statue proportions to be so wonky IMO.

Bishop
04-27-2010, 09:28 AM
Ditko's Hulk..:rock

http://images.salon.com/books/review/2005/06/03/ditko/story2.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/4k8pll.jpg

:rock :rock

Bullseye
04-27-2010, 09:31 AM
Have the completed pictures been posted?

ComputerFly
04-27-2010, 09:32 AM
Not yet Robert. I'll have them up in a couple of days.

Bullseye
04-27-2010, 09:40 AM
Looking forward to seeing it ;)

Shai
04-27-2010, 08:25 PM
Prediction:

I will look better than the PF.

filip629
04-27-2010, 08:45 PM
Prediction:

I will look better than the PF.

It already looks better than the PF!:naughty

Shai
04-27-2010, 08:47 PM

I know, dont worry.:D

Skiman
04-28-2010, 08:18 AM

Probably look better than your new Com. :monkey3

jbinny
04-28-2010, 09:00 AM
Gee, a PF converted into a comiquette in the 'classic' red/black colors sure would be swell!!

Darth Waller
04-28-2010, 09:51 AM
Gee, a PF converted into a comiquette in the 'classic' red/black colors sure would be swell!!

Wouldn't it, though? I wonder if we'll ever see that done. :lol

jbinny
04-28-2010, 10:09 AM
Wouldn't it, though? I wonder if we'll ever see that done. :lol

I see a 'classic' Spidey in the future... yes, yes... it's a blurry image, but wait... could it be????

Yes, now I'm sure of it... this same awesome pose, classic colors, and in commiquette form to show off the combined bad-@$$ery of Viggiano's original sculpt and Steve's unprecedented spandex removing abilities!!

Let's be honest here... Steve has a gift. Noone is just born with super hero depantsing skills like that!!

Darth Waller
04-28-2010, 10:30 AM
Noone is justborn with super hero depantsing skills like that!!

I think Skiman could pull it off.

jbinny
04-28-2010, 10:34 AM
I think Skiman could pull it off.

He's developed those pants removing abilities over time. Lot's of practice for him... on top of that, I hear he has this condition where his brain blocks out the words 'no', 'stop', and 'don't'.

Darth Waller
04-28-2010, 10:36 AM
Unleash the beast! :rock

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/Primer1.jpg

ComputerFly
04-28-2010, 01:34 PM
A teaser image you say????

Shai
04-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Do it.........

ComputerFly
04-28-2010, 01:48 PM
How's this?

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/SpideyVenombacks.jpg

azurepred
04-28-2010, 01:49 PM
looks great man

Shai
:bow:bow:bow

Shai
ohhh Sideshow....what have you done... with that perfect sculpt.

ComputerFly
04-28-2010, 01:53 PM
That's also a great pic for anyone doubting Venom's quarter-scaleness... He's twice as big as Spidey.

azurepred
04-28-2010, 01:53 PM
so are you done with it then? How much time do you think you have spent doing this?

ComputerFly
04-28-2010, 01:56 PM
About 2 months... in my spare time.

Still waiting for the sealer to dry.

darren1228
04-28-2010, 02:00 PM
How's this?

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/SpideyVenombacks.jpg

:horror:horror:horror:horror Love it!!!

fuzzylojiks
04-28-2010, 02:05 PM
Awesome job, looks so much better!

jbinny
04-28-2010, 02:11 PM
ohhh Sideshow....what have you done... with that perfect sculpt.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Praetorian380
04-28-2010, 02:37 PM
This is incredible! Cant wait to see more pics of it in its entirety!
Nice work ComputerFly!

IronLungs31
04-28-2010, 02:43 PM
Fly I'm drooling for more pics of this creation.

ComputerFly
04-28-2010, 02:52 PM
I'll post more soon... :) Thanks for all the positive comments!

Darth Waller
04-28-2010, 04:09 PM
Fan-freaking-tastic! :rock

Ickwinzs
04-28-2010, 05:42 PM
Nice job with this Steve! Now I will send you mine! Oh wait I already did!! LOL!!

ComputerFly
04-28-2010, 05:48 PM
Here he is!

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/F1.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/F2.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/F3.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/F4.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/F5.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/F6.jpg

Ickwinzs
04-28-2010, 05:52 PM
Very Nice, spiderman is a pain to paint

praxitas
04-28-2010, 05:55 PM
:drool:drool

That is sharp. Unreal how good this looks without the cloth. I thought it looked "ok" with it, but this just shows how nice this statue should have looked.

Talk about a home run!!

Great job Steve!

Sonic509
04-28-2010, 06:01 PM
Are u gonna sell it??:D:D

sloaner
04-28-2010, 06:14 PM
I think I like this better than the PF. Great job Comp fly

jbinny
04-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Are u gonna sell it??:D:D

Wellllllll... he kinda did :D

Bring on the 'classic' version!!!!!

Darth Waller
04-28-2010, 06:20 PM
Custom of the year! :lecture

ComputerFly
04-28-2010, 06:23 PM
Bring on the 'classic' version!!!!!

Oh...you're going to see the Classic :)

Shai
04-28-2010, 06:24 PM
Amazing..Now sell it for 1k on ebay before sideshow release olivetti's comiquette.

jbinny
04-28-2010, 06:27 PM
Oh...you're going to see the Classic :)

That very well may end up topping the Wolverine and Venom comiquettes as my favorite... I really can't wait!! :banana

psyberiantiger
04-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Great job! Looks much better. 10/10

Enigma
04-28-2010, 06:30 PM
good no more ugly shiny pants

sparkstron73
04-28-2010, 06:36 PM
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l60/sparkstron73/Image1.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l60/sparkstron73/Image2.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l60/sparkstron73/Image3.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l60/sparkstron73/Image4.jpg

Hope you don't mind but I took the before and after best angles to show the difference.
I can't understand why anyone would want fabric over sculpt for spidey as it just looks fake.
Great job looks as it should

ComputerFly
04-28-2010, 06:40 PM
Nope, I don't mind :)

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/Spideygif.gif

(http://www.createagif.net)

BatFanatic
04-28-2010, 06:46 PM
Nicely done! It looks MUCH better...I may have bought this version. Here's hoping SS will do Spidey some justice in the not too distant future.

rnbuda
04-28-2010, 06:47 PM
Wow that makes a world of difference!!

sparkstron73
04-28-2010, 06:48 PM
I had no idea how much this figure was worth untill I just looked it up on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Spiderman-Green-Goblin-1-4-Scale-Figures-Sideshow-/370135043302?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item562dc48ce6
Omg but well worth it

ComputerFly
04-28-2010, 06:52 PM
That auction is for 2 statues, and he's about $600 over-priced.

Shai
04-28-2010, 06:56 PM
wow, juging with the comparaison pcs , well there is no comparaison...the fabric on this one sux.

I think someone should do this with the Thor PF next.

jbinny
04-28-2010, 07:00 PM
I had no idea how much this figure was worth untill I just looked it up on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Spiderman-Green-Goblin-1-4-Scale-Figures-Sideshow-/370135043302?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item562dc48ce6
Omg but well worth it

Yeah, he's way overpriced.

I got a sealed regular for 500 and an EX for 525.

Darth Waller
04-28-2010, 07:01 PM

And Captain America. :naughty

jbinny
04-28-2010, 07:02 PM
wow, juging with the comparaison pcs , well there is no comparaison...the fabric on this one sux.

And a Cap...

and a Hulk.

Steve??

ComputerFly
04-28-2010, 07:06 PM
Cap for sure... Thor for sure... Not so sure about the Hulk, lol!

Darth Waller
04-28-2010, 07:08 PM
Andy's sculpted pants Hulk looked pretty cool.

Ktjn
04-28-2010, 07:08 PM
Cap for sure... Thor for sure... Not so sure about the Hulk, lol!

You might as well add Wolverine and Sabretooth as well. Esp Wolverine.

ozzfan84
04-28-2010, 07:16 PM
Well done, dude! You're a true artist.

ComputerFly
04-28-2010, 07:16 PM
You might as well add Wolverine and Sabretooth as well. Esp Wolverine.

YOU SIR ARE CORRECT! :lecture

ComputerFly
04-28-2010, 07:18 PM
Andy's sculpted pants Hulk looked pretty cool.

They look fantastic, but I'm no Andy, lol! That's why I'm unsure. I would actually have to sculpt some pants on him.

Skiman
04-28-2010, 07:34 PM
Awesome job Steve, he looks like "The Amazing Spiderman" :D

jbinny
04-28-2010, 07:34 PM
Why in the hell didn't they just make these all commiquettes in the first place??

It would have saved Steve and me soooooooooo much time and effort... and money. :monkey3

Skiman
04-28-2010, 07:44 PM
Why in the hell didn't they just make these all commiquettes in the first place??

It would have saved Steve and me soooooooooo much time and effort... and money. :monkey3

U? U have nothing to do with the awesomeness of this piece.

Word to ur muthaaaaa, write that down, that's what I said bunny bread.

Word.

Bring it, because it's been BRUUUUUUNG!!!!!!!!

Deadly Dagger
04-28-2010, 07:48 PM
awesome work...bravo!

rabid_wolf
04-28-2010, 07:55 PM
Here he is!

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/F1.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/F2.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/F3.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/F4.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/F5.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/Spidey%20Repaint/F6.jpg

WOW that looks great. Something tells me youre going to start getting a lot of requests from people to make conversions to their PFs.

azurepred
04-28-2010, 08:38 PM
night and day difference

mt24
04-28-2010, 08:39 PM
Comiquettes FTW !!!

Nice job Computerfly !

jbinny
04-28-2010, 08:43 PM
U? U have nothing to do with the awesomeness of this piece.

Word to ur muthaaaaa, write that down, that's what I said bunny bread.

Word.

Bring it, because it's been BRUUUUUUNG!!!!!!!!

And I never claimed to...

This is all Pablo and Steve. I just had to fund mine and wait... time and money. :rolleyes:

filip629
04-28-2010, 09:59 PM
Probably look better than your new Com. :monkey3

wait and see ski. I believe in the Olivetti com. That line hasn't had a miss yet.

filip629
04-28-2010, 10:04 PM

Do it to all of them. It would be a vast improvement.

filip629
04-28-2010, 10:08 PM
Computerfly, Spidey looks SICK! I can't for the life of me see how anyone can say the PF looks better than your custom Spidey. Well done sir. You turned an ugly PF into a true work of art!