• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Which countries should you not ship to?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovefreestufftoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
I haven't sold on e-bay in a long time, but I remember some members complaining about getting ripped off by buyers in France and Italy. I just want to know which countries I should exclude from shipping to. If there is a thread for this already please pm me the link as I had no luck with the search engine.

I send my stuff allover the world. only thing I always say, is that if the buyer does not pay for insurence, I will not be held if if it does not get there.

I have had real pains with shipments to France, so I can personally vouch for that one. Strangely, I have had packages sent to Canada go lost and take forever (3+ weeks). Many fewer issues sending to the UK.

The only problems I've had are with France and Italy. Even with insurance I refuse to ship expensive items to Italy. Their postal system is the worst. No real problems with Canada except that they're slow.

I've shipped to France many times with no problems.

Only problem I had was a shipment to South Africa, which got lost and never showed up anywhere.

Italy is known as a theif country, so no shipping there.

Personally I hate shipping packages outside of US/Canada.

Also sold to Italy numerous times without any problems.

If I didn't allow international shipping, the stuff I sell wouldn't sell for nearly as high as it does. Opening international shipping really helps sales. Just get it insured and give the customer the US customs tracking number and I've never had any problems.

I actually have a large amount of buyers from Brazil.

I've only had ONE problem with Brazil. Sold an HT Original Predator to a guy down there...I suppose he lived in a remote town or something but it took about 2-3 MONTHS...yes MONTHS for his figure to show up. I gave him the customs tracking number, gave him all the info. I could. Thankfully, he was very cool and never gave me a hard time about it and I was surprised when I saw his message saying that he got the figure finally.

The biggest issue I'm dealing with now is A LOT of bidders e-mailing me asking if they can do a "payment plan" or something because they'll win a high price item and then say they won't be able to pay for 2 weeks or will submit some of the payment right away and then the rest later. At first, I was cool with it and was generous with some folks, until I had some people who would lag behind on payment or just ended up not paying at all. What pissed me off the most was I would get some of these requests AFTER they won the item.

I finally just started stating on my auctions that I will NOT do a payment plans. I state that if you can't pay within 7 days, then don't bid. F'n eBayers, man...people complain about sellers but sometimes the buyers are just as bad.

If I'm selling on eBay, I only ship outside the U.S. with tracking. With USPS, that means Express Mail, which is pricey. But I say that in my auctions so there are no surprises to the buyer. I still won't ship to France/Italy, though. And though I've never had a buyer from Africa or Eastern Europe, I would be very cautious about that as well.

I quit shipping outside the US. But if a member from any country contacts me, I will look at their feedback and add them to my exception list if the feedback seems good and up to date. I do not like to exclude anyone from my auctions, but I have had problems in the past. I keep an open mind, and am willing to work with people around the world to get them the item they want.

I just sold something to a person in canada (i'm in US) and was going to ship UPS but they dont offer signature confirmation which to me is a problem as i dont want them just leaving a big expensive package on someone's doorstep. Should I just refund his money???

sending stuff to italy is supposed to be a huge pain,most ebay sellers state that they dont even ship there,big customs problems there.

I just sold something to a person in canada (i'm in US) and was going to ship UPS but they dont offer signature confirmation which to me is a problem as i dont want them just leaving a big expensive package on someone's doorstep. Should I just refund his money???

ship usps.......

Back