10 SW 12" in 2006?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitchin

Red Five
Reaction score
LINK

Revealing their announcement lineup, Bridges added: "We have Mace Windu and Empire Han Solo here at Toy Fair. Then we are shipping the first 10 figures this year. We are planning a San Diego [Comic-Con International] exclusive figure, which was going to be Kit Fisto, the alien Jedi from the last two prequels, but reaction was so strong to Luke and Anakin, we decided an entirely unique character would upset collectors. For the [Comic-] Con exclusive, it will be a legitimate variation on an existing character."

WE'RE ON 6 NOW.......SO 4 MORE TO GO THIS YEAR????

It sounds like the first 10 figures of the year, not Star Wars figures. I'm glad Kit wasn't the SDCC exclusive. That leave Anakin, Obi-Wan, Mace, or Kit as the SDCC exclusive (rebelscum said it wasn't a Luke or Han). It it be a AotC Smiling Kit or a Sith Eyes Anakin?

Looks like they will get "Sith Eyes" Anakin after all (which will be fine with me since I won't need to get it.) I don't know if I can handle 10 figures though... I better go ask for a raise.

Incredible. My mind is running wild. 10 Figs for 2006?? I hope we see some villains soon.

I am especially intrigued by the Comic-Con exclusive and wonder what the variation will be.

Perhaps something we haven't seen yet? I would love to see Hoth Leia and perhaps the "white jumpsuit" Leia from Bespin could be the variation.

I'm glad they didn't make Kit the exclusive. These boards would have been insane with irate collectors!!

I just hope that their exclusive star wars figures will be availble to non-attendees..like last year..

Besides physically picking up the figure at the con, is it difficult to get the exslusive?

I thought I read a post saying that you pre-order on the web-site then pick it up at your liesure.

Is it that easy? Or does it sell out like Mace Windu or is there a lottery or some other maze to be run on the convention floor?

Sounds to me like "Then we are shipping the first 10 figures this year" means only that 10 SW figures will ship. That doesn't necessarily mean they won't be offering more figures than that.

After all, by September, all the figures we order will be shipped in 2007.

gdb said:
Besides physically picking up the figure at the con, is it difficult to get the exslusive?

I thought I read a post saying that you pre-order on the web-site then pick it up at your liesure.

Is it that easy? Or does it sell out like Mace Windu or is there a lottery or some other maze to be run on the convention floor?

They make it very easy of you are attending the con. You pre-order online and then pick it up on the floor of the convention at your leisure, any day of the con. No lines, no lottery.

Last year they shipped Luke directily to me because they realized it would be too huge to lug around.

Best way to distribute exclusives if you ask me. There is too much to see in San Diego to spend any time waiting in line for something.

Wor-Gar said:
Sounds to me like "Then we are shipping the first 10 figures this year" means only that 10 SW figures will ship. That doesn't necessarily mean they won't be offering more figures than that.

After all, by September, all the figures we order will be shipped in 2007.

that's what I meant .....ie. only have to pay for 10 this year

Rugby1970 said:
They make it very easy of you are attending the con. You pre-order online and then pick it up on the floor of the convention at your leisure, any day of the con. No lines, no lottery.

Last year they shipped Luke directily to me because they realized it would be too huge to lug around.

Best way to distribute exclusives if you ask me. There is too much to see in San Diego to spend any time waiting in line for something.

That does sound like the best way. Thanks for the info.

Even if they ship ten figures this year (best of all possible worlds), I would imagine that we would have orders for the first part of 2007 well underway. Remember, they are shipping nine to ten figures this year, and the first three months didn't have any releases. Maybe we'll get to a "one figure per month" schedule, but that would be killer with LOTR and any other oddball 1/6 scale preorders!:horror

gdb said:

Perhaps our 'Collect N Go' video will help explain how it works :duff

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=collectngo_ad01

I agree. I bet the SDCC Exclusive will be a "Sith Eyes" Anakin.

Bring on SDCC!! Man, only a few more months!!

I'm buying whatever it is. I love the look of Sith Eyed Anakin :)

Dusty, that was hilarious! Loved it!

Now how about a video showing how a guy in Miami, Florida, who can't make the SDCC, can STILL get his comic-con exclusive figure! :naughty

Back