Wolvie vs Sabretooth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ifu03612

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey all i've been collecting sideshow weta for 2 years, just Lord of the Rings and Narnia. I just completed the fellowship, bought Aragorn from adoptedScot. While I was at her house I clapped eyes on the Wolvie vs Sabretooth exclusive. Since that day i've been ordering all the Marvel going. This line is fantastic!! Gettin a Doom exclusive, but I want this bad boy too.

Is the regular worth buying, I know I can order it on the website but the ed. size is quite high so I was thinking if i wait i may pick it up cheaper on ebay or a retailer?

Any suggestions?
Also how much is the exclusive going for?

Cheers Colin

Our old faithful retailers seem to be sold out of this one. Two have sold recently on eBay: one went for $249.99, and the other for $227.50. One is up as a "Buy It Now" for $240. Expect to pay pretty close to retail at this point. The Exclusive versions were not getting that much higher than retail for a while, but may be rising now that the line is growing. There is one exclusive up now, four days left and the bidding is up to $102.50. It is really a great piece--good luck in your search!

You can always go the less expensive route and get one of these:

NC36630lg.jpg

Being the less flashy of the 3 dioramas, WolvieVsTooth Ex is still feasible to obtain on ebay at a reasonable price. I suggest you act now. That thing is worth it!

I know some people have issues with the seam where you change the head, but it doesn't bother me. Unless you are looking for it is not an issue. Sabretooth also has a seam for no particular reason at all so at least it's a consistent flaw.

Pick it up ASAP before people go crazy over these things once HulkVsSpidey comes out and they announce the next one.

This one really impressed me as well, I just haven't gotten around to placing an order ..... yet. :google

Go for the exclusive if you like the change-o-head and think you will enjoy mixing up the display options. With only 300 pieces, it's pretty rare and it looks like the prices will only start getting higher. Here's a pic to show you what the seam looks like... I don't personally have an issue with it:

wolvieneckseam1ni.jpg

I have the regular edition which I was able to get on ebay for $220 (including shipping) and in my opinion it is stunning piece; It is well worth the price, every last detail is captured with amazing precision.

I had the exclusive on pre-order, but sadly I had to cancel it because I had too many things on order. Plus I realized that I would live if I didn't have an interchangeable head for Wolvie.

this is actually the piece that got me to collect the whole series of SS marvel. martin canale is an excellent sculptor and i love his work. i think that any piece in this marvel series is an excellent addition to your collection. ray's wolvie is incredible as well so those wolvie fans have to be going crazy. the only problem now is having to create a wall of space just for this line (i can live with that).

Is funny...I got hooked on the Vs line with the SentinelVs piece Ex. I was lucky enough to get the WolvieVs Ex off second chance offering. If there is one solid line that SS has is the Marvel Vs dioramas. All 3 pieces so far are amazing! :cool:

Yea, I agree. If I had more room, I would definitely get the Wolverine VS Sabretooth.

I just don't have anywhere to display it. And, I also decided to keep my collection to Lord of the Rings and King Kong.

and maybe some Star Wars 12"...

My exclusive version is still in the box, cause I can't decide to display it on a shelf display with other statues or have it eclosed in a separate display case cause it should be appreciated 360 degree.

Can anyone confirm whether was the diorama taken from any of the X-men/wolverine comic pages cause am thinking to display with it.

Anespian said:
Can anyone confirm whether was the diorama taken from any of the X-men/wolverine comic pages cause am thinking to display with it.

Off hand, I do not think it was taken from a comic................but I am sure there are similar frames, just probably not the exact one.................unlike the Iron Man comiquette................

Sabretooth's costume is based on the Jim Lee redesign when he launched the "X-Men" comic in the early 90's. I don't recall these characters fighting in the snow for that story. If remember correctly only Omega Red and Wolverine (with yellow costume) fought in the snow for a short scene as they were testing Wolvie's healing factor after he was kidnapped.

Wolvie and 'Tooth have fought many, many times so this scene is very much possible. Especially when Wolverine was thought to be Canadian and these characters would fight on that type of scenery up in the woods.

Last edited:
SolidLiquidFox said:
If remember only Omega Red and Wolverine (with yellow costume) fought in the snow for a short scene as they were testing Wolvie's healing factor after he was kidnapped.
I was just re-reading that story yesterday...what a coincidence....

I was in my early teens when that came out. Very cool story arc.

I vote for Omega Red for the next Wolverine diorama down the line, what do you think? :cool:

This is a braw piece received the exclusive yesterday and i am in love with it. Got the Logan head on ofcourse

Colin

Back