Good price for Premium Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remy

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Just need an opinion on bidding on ebay for one of these.
I only collect 1/6 figures/statues but as far as grail...I do want a PF Captain America.
I've been looking on ebay but the fluctuation on price is drastic.
I've seen it sell under $600 but see several with BIN for $1200-1500.

I'm trying to decide what would be a good price to bid on these. I prefer just the regular version, my budget is $500 to $550. Is that a good price? Is $600 too much for just the regular version or is that a actually a decent price? I lost a bid on one as I was trying to stay on my budget and wasnt sure if I should go as high as at least $600 for it.

Thanks in advance for an input.

Thanks for the links Mesa. Cool, Seems my budget is just right.
I'm ok with just the regular version. Guess I'm pretty fortunate though in this case in that I prefer the regular version much more than the ex. Dont really care for the old school look ww2 look so I get to save some money by just getting the regular.

Thank you so much.

Thanks for the links Mesa. Cool, Seems my budget is just right.
I'm ok with just the regular version. Guess I'm pretty fortunate though in this case in that I prefer the regular version much more than the ex. Dont really care for the old school look ww2 look so I get to save some money by just getting the regular.

Thank you so much.

Good luck with the search. :rock

Thanks Bats, but I really cant afford the exclusive. But its ok though cause i do like the regular and I would have ended up displaying him in that version anyway. Plus for the EX price, I could pick up a couple more figures on my list of "to have"

Just got my modest income tax so I finally have a small fund to hunt down this beautiful statue :)

Thanks Bats, but I really cant afford the exclusive. But its ok though cause i do like the regular and I would have ended up displaying him in that version anyway. Plus for the EX price, I could pick up a couple more figures on my list of "to have"

Just got my modest income tax so I finally have a small fund to hunt down this beautiful statue :)

i got my regular Cap 2 years ago and not once have i thought about how i should have picked up the exclusive version. i never have liked the original captain america costume and shield anyway :) i guess we're in the minority here of wanting and being totally fine with just the REG version :banana

i got my regular Cap 2 years ago and not once have i thought about how i should have picked up the exclusive version. i never have liked the original captain america costume and shield anyway :) i guess we're in the minority here of wanting and being totally fine with just the REG version :banana

while deciding on which version to get it's a no brainer when the pieces are originally released, but i can see how some would have a problem justifing $200-$500 price differance from an EX. or Reg version.

as for the arguement "i'd never display him differently", well from a collector that's had to play catch up for the last couple years, the Ex. features for me aren't the reason i purchase EX. only, it because the Ex. versions almost always increase in value quicker than the Reg's do.

i bought my Cap for about $550 a year ago and at the time the Reg versions were selling in the$350-$400. so going by what others have posted on here what the Ex. and Reg have been selling for, the Ex. is the way to go. unfortunately you've just hit a spike in the value for this one.

Yeah, if the price was $550 for the EX and $400 for the reg, then most definitely, I would get the EX cause of the investment purposes. I do agree. But currently, the price gap is huge. Whenever I check the price, the average price for the EX is $1K to 1.2K. Sometimes more.
I sometimes see the reg for $600 to $700. So basically there's a huge difference now so I'm just fortunate that at I do prefer the regular which is the only one I can afford anyway.
I dont really even collect PF, I collect mainly HT but whenever I look at "show your shelves" section, I'm always drooling at those Cap statue:monkey2
But I did get a decent tax return so hopefully, I'll finally be able to have one on my shelf soon. :monkey5

while deciding on which version to get it's a no brainer when the pieces are originally released, but i can see how some would have a problem justifing $200-$500 price differance from an EX. or Reg version.

as for the arguement "i'd never display him differently", well from a collector that's had to play catch up for the last couple years, the Ex. features for me aren't the reason i purchase EX. only, it because the Ex. versions almost always increase in value quicker than the Reg's do.

i bought my Cap for about $550 a year ago and at the time the Reg versions were selling in the$350-$400. so going by what others have posted on here what the Ex. and Reg have been selling for, the Ex. is the way to go. unfortunately you've just hit a spike in the value for this one.

However, all pieces eventually hit a ceiling, and then the regular may appreciate more because people will only pay so much for a luxury statue...

Still, I'd get the Ex.

It's amazing that the exclusive can sell for more than $1000. I was so glad when I won one a few weeks ago on Ebay for $700. It's one of my favorite pieces now, and I feel is money well spent! :D

^Hi, can you guys post pics of your Cap PF's? The reason I ask is I am interested in purchasing one but I can't tell the difference between the authentic version and a recast

^Hi, can you guys post pics of your Cap PF's? The reason I ask is I am interested in purchasing one but I can't tell the difference between the authentic version and a recast

as far as i know there isn't any racasts of this piece. the recasting been limited to hulk vs spidey dios and the Ironman Com.

WEllll I won one today!!!!!!! Woo Hoo!!! Really friendly seller. He's gonna try to ship it tomorrow or Monday. I'm so Happy. Finally gonna have one soon.:banana

Back