12" Sideshow Luke - Auction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$200 is pretty high indeed, and with five days left to go on the auction. By the time this auction ends, Luke ought to be shipped and in hand within the 30 day limit required by eBay, so this may be one of the first legitimate Luke auctions to finish in compliance with eBay's rules! (I hope we see Luke listed in the "30 days out" section in this week's SS newsletter.) Whoever pays $200 for this will regret it when/if the price settles down when they ship.

Anakin said:
,..paying $200 for any 12" doll it's absurd,....that's more expensive,..almost twice,... than the pf luke version,....

Well, people can be pretty stupid. I bet all of them dont even know the retail price, I bet they think its a bargain! lol

crazy as it seems 1/4 scale is kinda new & isn't that popular among collectors at the moment....whereas 12" has an established market base.

gonzo said:
Didn't the Medicom Luke cost $200 to begin with?

Come on, this is a Sideshow Figure!!!!!!!!!!!

To some money isn't a problem. Look back at the auctions for the Xbox 360. If you want something now and have the cash to spare, why not?

I make same misstake before when I start collecting I overpaid for the item`s
it is better to wait until they are shiping I will never do same mistake again
the seller was happy of course.

EVILFACE said:
Come on, this is a Sideshow Figure!!!!!!!!!!!

To some money isn't a problem. Look back at the auctions for the Xbox 360. If you want something now and have the cash to spare, why not?

Some peaople are still paying $500.00+ for the Toys Mccoy Indiana Jones
12". I guess it just depends on how badly you want it.

I was doing some searches earlier in the week, and came across an Anakin ebay listing that was up to $113.00 with time to go, and this was the non-exclusive version! Here I thought it would be fun to report auctions, but my jaw just hit the floor!:horror

Too bad they lied in their description--it wasn't limited to 1250 and it didn't sell out in 30 minutes. I'm guessing this person has no idea what they are selling and are getting mixed up.

I think someone is only "stupid" for buying something if they are misinformed. Well even that doesn't sound right. What I'm saying is that who are we to say this person is stupid, maybe to him it's worth 200 bucks, maybe he has the money to spend, maybe the 12 inch luke is going to make his life complete...who knows. I just think we as collectors shouldnt mock our own.

was doing some searches earlier in the week, and came across an Anakin ebay listing that was up to $113.00 with time to go, and this was the non-exclusive version! Here I thought it would be fun to report auctions, but my jaw just hit the floor!

It's not "fun" to report a legitimate auction because ebay's policies are so screwed up to begin with that they'd believe you without checking if it was true. Pretty soon no one will be able to sell anything there without some yahoo coming along and "reporting" it. Stop being petty about missing the exclusive. People have the right to sell their stuff if they want to. It's not like Sideshow will let them get more than one anyway... :rolleyes:

Raven said:
It's not "fun" to report a legitimate auction because ebay's policies are so screwed up to begin with that they'd believe you without checking if it was true. Pretty soon no one will be able to sell anything there without some yahoo coming along and "reporting" it. Stop being petty about missing the exclusive. People have the right to sell their stuff if they want to. It's not like Sideshow will let them get more than one anyway... :rolleyes:

As I mentioned earlier, this auction should not be reported since we have been told to expect Luke to ship in March. That is within the 30 day pre-sale guidelines given by eBay. Sadly, this seems to be the exception lately. Typically, the type of sellers that don't respect eBay's rules about pre-sales also don't respect Sideshow's rules about one item per person, and find ways to work around them in their quest for profit.

Less than an hour after Mace sold out, there was a seller listing "three available" for sale. The more this continues, the harder it will be for the real fans to get their orders in soon enough. The scalper's objective is to remove as many items from the legitimate marketplace as possible, allowing them to artifically inflate the "value" of the figure for their own benefit at the expense of the true collector. It's frustrating, but the problem will not go away any time soon.

denger4000 said:
I think someone is only "stupid" for buying something if they are misinformed. Well even that doesn't sound right. What I'm saying is that who are we to say this person is stupid, maybe to him it's worth 200 bucks, maybe he has the money to spend, maybe the 12 inch luke is going to make his life complete...who knows. I just think we as collectors shouldnt mock our own.

I agree on these points. To someone collecting this or any SS stuff, its worth TO THEM, what they are prepared to pay for it.

In the past I know I have paid over the odds on at least two of the 'Big ones' in the LOTR polystone range. If others new how much I'd paid, I too may have been called 'stupid'. Fact is, if someone wants something so bad, the question is, How much are they prepared to pay?

Each to their own in terms of collecting tastes and prices paid. At the end of the day were all building up quality collections that will no doubt have a lot of meaning/sentimental value to us. How we get there is our own journey. (Wow, that last sentence was deep :peace )

One thing I would say in relation to the particular aution that started this thread. $200 for a skiff Guard Blaster is excessive but I guess when ya know what ya want... ya know what ya want.

Back