Stormtrooper.... Spacetrooper??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niennumb1

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was over in the toy aisle the other day and I noticed their carded Stormtroopers are now called Spacetroopers.

I looked at the figure to see what the difference was... didn't see anything....

So what gives? Why is it now called a Spacetrooper?

I haven't been following the animated series at all. Maybe i'm seriously out of the loop of what junk has been going on with the screwed up Star Wars Universe....

Ah okay. Well with with the way their suits are in those figures they'd die pretty quick being they don't appear to be air tight in any of the design to protect them. If it was a clunkier suit I'd understand, but okay, it's a Stormtrooper with a pack.

Seen when the falcon is being trackor beamed in the death hanger in ANH, guys a very tiny on screen.

I never knew they were actually on screen. Is that just in the Special Edition? I managed to pick up a Collector's Tin set of DVDs containing both the original and Special Editions, so I can get nice clear stills from either.

Regular edition from 77 has them.

Thanks. I just found them in both editions, but obviously clearer in the Special Edition:

1071.jpg

It's amazing how much stuff there is in these films that I'm still discovering, after watching them countless times!

It's hard to see much detail, but they look like pretty regular Stormtroopers, but with life-support backpacks.

It's like X-Wing pilot helmets that are supposed to protect the wearer in open space, yet I can't see how they can be sealed.

Well holy crap! And I thought I saw everything on those films!

I stand corrected! Sheesh! I never knew! Learn something new every day!

Thanks for the screen grab!

Thanks. I just found them in both editions, but obviously clearer in the Special Edition:

1071.jpg

It's amazing how much stuff there is in these films that I'm still discovering, after watching them countless times!

Hmmm.... looking at that picture it looks like the engines are still on. I thought Han had shut them down?:lol

marmit made a prototype that never saw the light of day..............like vader..........:monkey2
marmit-spacetrooper-4.jpg

It's hard to see much detail, but they look like pretty regular Stormtroopers, but with life-support backpacks.

It's like X-Wing pilot helmets that are supposed to protect the wearer in open space, yet I can't see how they can be sealed.

If they can have spaceships that travel faster than the speed of light, and laser swords with a focussed beam that simply stops after a few feet... I'm pretty sure they can have force fields or something else in/around their helmets. :cool:

If they can have spaceships that travel faster than the speed of light, and laser swords with a focussed beam that simply stops after a few feet... I'm pretty sure they can have force fields or something else in/around their helmets. :cool:

Good thinking! :lol

Hmmm.... looking at that picture it looks like the engines are still on. I thought Han had shut them down?:lol

The engines are blue when on, so white must be just an afterglow...

I'm still amazed that I never saw this until Rogue Trooper pinpointed it.

I thought it wouldn't take too much efforts for Sideshow to do a Spacetrooper. What's missing is simply the breathing apparatus.:)

Back