Full Scale 1989 BATMOBILE accurate built.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEDSTER

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok, so I have been looking around and surfing through the world wide web looking for people/companies that are able to build a full scale 1989 BATMOBILE.

I want it to be absolutely screen accurate !

The 3 places that I have come across are:
- Jay Ohrberg Hollywood Cars
- Gotham Cruisers
- Gotham Garage

So far, Jay Ohrberg one is the most mpressive and I have contacted his company today, but I haven't got any reply.

I have been wondering if there is anymore other suggestions from anyone here on the board that can direct me to more people who can build a full scale accurate Batmobile.

Thanks !

my dad went to the beratte jackson classic car auction a few months ago and they had the full reproduction 89 bat mobile with air compressor 30 cal machine guns on it.he took pics of it for me but he wasnt there when it sold so not sure how much it sold for.but it is the best looking bat car to date.

Last edited:
my dad went to the beratte jackson classic car auction a few months ago and they had the full reproduction 89 bat mobile with air compressor 30 cal machine guns on it.he took pics of it for me but he wasnt there when it sold so not sure how much it sold for.but it is the best lookinf bat car to date.

oh ok
where was the auction at ?

scotts dail arizona.they also had one of the 3 original ghost busters cars there.it went for l think just over $100,000.

Yeah surprisingly these BATMOBILE are pretty cheap.

Because GOTHAM CRUISERS are selling them for ONLY $9,500
GOTHAM CRUISERS one is nice, but the chasis is a bit too high.

hahahaha, but I am still looking for the best accurate one.

Yeah surprisingly these BATMOBILE are pretty cheap.

Because GOTHAM CRUISERS are selling them for ONLY $9,500
GOTHAM CRUISERS one is nice, but the chasis is a bit too high.

hahahaha, but I am still looking for the best accurate one.

REALLY that cheap damn l should buy one .that would be sick driving that car to my local 7 11.l thought they would be around $70-$100,000

Great thanks to this thread I think I want to get one now... Imagine having a fully realised version with great engine and mechanics, climate control, sat-nav and being street-legal... Oh and a practical, quick and smooth functioning canopy! It's be an ideal mode of transport for any pop-culture fan!

If i could get one done with left-side drive... Oh boy... I'll have to think about this! haha

yeah just contacted one of the builders today. $9,500 is just the body kit.

but a full build is around $70,000-$100,000

There's already a website dedicated to 1989 batmobile full builds right here

https://www.chickslovethecar.com/board/Forum25-1.aspx

As some people mentioned Gotham Cruisers kit is probably the best on the market right now. There are others but with much much buyer's remorse and complaints.

I was just going to post it! https://www.chickslovethecar.com/Default.aspx LOL!!! It is the best chance at finding one. When I looked into trying to acquire one about a year ago they were asking a $1,000.00 (non-refundable) just to weed out people who were serious and just those just wasting there time. I also heard a few of the guys have molds used for the movie in various conditions. Some molds were a little off and parts didn't fit together. Also watch out for what material they are using some make better/durable copies. I have all of it printed somewhere I'll try to find it.

Wow this maybe the most epic Batmobile build ever.

01.jpg

I want one.

Animated Series right?

The cockpit looks a little weird to me. Like it would only hold one passenger. In the show it was bigger. thus making the whole car kind of huge. I guess it's not practical to make a stylized animated vehicle into a working car. It is pretty cool though.

I can't believe this forum exists: https://www.chickslovethecar.com/board/Forum25-1.aspx :lol

I'm pretty sure a movie accurate batmobile wouldnt be legal to drive ad it wouldnt have wing mirrors, i dont think its had indicators (not sure on that though) and probably other things meaning it wouldnt pass its MOT and therefore wouldnt be road worthy.
Would be pretty frickin sweet to drive around in one though. lol.

Animated Series right?

The cockpit looks a little weird to me. Like it would only hold one passenger. In the show it was bigger. thus making the whole car kind of huge. I guess it's not practical to make a stylized animated vehicle into a working car. It is pretty cool though.

I can't believe this forum exists: https://www.chickslovethecar.com/board/Forum25-1.aspx :lol

Yep Animated, was always my favorite look. Small it may be, it would be practical for dodging obstacles vs. the Tumblers approach of just driving through anything. :lol

Yes the 89 car would not be street leagal in its present state. Incase it turned over there is no means of escape and no mirrors. You need only the drivers side mirror for the mot ?

Back