1:4 Superman, 13" Batman MSRP, On Sale Dates

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankenFan

Abnormal Brain
Reaction score
DCD has posted the new Toy Fair previews at their site. Among them:

SUPERMAN FOREVER #1 Statue: $195, 10/04/06

BATMAN 13" DELUXE Collecter Figure: $69.95, 10/11/06

SUPERMAN 1:4 SCALE MUSEUM QUALITY Statue: $295, 1,250 pieces, 10/18/06

All of these items are available around the web for 20% - 35% off MSRP, but I thought the suggested price of $295 for the 1:4 Superman wasn't bad, considering DCD's penchant for overpricing.

Looks like there is wire in the the cape of the big Big Blue, for that dramatic standing-against-the-wind-effect. Also note that the S-shield is outlined in black, unlike the one on the figure displayed at Toy Fair.

glxy.jpg

Hate the black outline. But the 13" had the black until late in development. But it wasn't on the production figure. I think the pics from Toy Fair sell this guy better than the catalog shot DC has chosen.

Yea I dont think I could say that the 1/4 Superman is on par with Sideshow. If it was it would be already pre ordered for me. Something seems off to me.

You guys don't think the 1/4 scale DCD Superman looks on par with SSC's work? I'd be curious in what way. I think it looks pretty good. Nicely sculpted comic look, good paint application, costume is pretty effectively rendered. They fixed my major grievance with the 13" version, the cruddy boots by using a good casting as opposed to bad slipcovers/upholstery. Price seems to be about right and I'm going to be getting a discount from my local comic shop AND I'll save shipping. Not exactly sure what's supposed to be wrong with the figure.

Nice summary, chamildav. It's refreshing to read an opinion that actually comes from objective thought, rather than the usual, banal "this sucks" or, I dunno..." remarks.

And Anakin, this piece is not "crap." Next time, try to suppress the urge to simply dismiss out of hand or ridicule something that does not play to your particular interests, and approach your critique from the perspective of the intent of the piece, and whether or not it achieves that end. :)

mmmy.jpg

FrankenFan said:
And Anakin, this piece is not "crap." Next time, try to suppress the urge to simply dismiss out of hand or ridicule something that does not play to your particular interests, and approach your critique from the perspective of the intent of the piece, and whether or not it achieves that end. :)

mmmy.jpg

,..dcd sucks,...i wonder why they still in business,...they should give the license to ss then some really good stuff will come out,...did you see this figure ??,..i saw it,..and doesn't look good at all,...just like their batman begins crap,..superman return crap,..
so sorry to rain on your parade,..but that's my opinion and i'm sticking with it,.. :cool:
,..and there's many collectors than can't stand dcd anymore either,..so i'm far to be the only one that thinks that,...

I dont know if its the size 28 weighst or if it's the shoulders or the long neck or the leg below the knee. I might still get it but something just seems off to me and again I think Sideshow's version would blow this out of the water. Now if they would of made the Alex Ross version into the 1/4 now that would be a very different story!
or this
250px-Superman.jpg

Last edited:
I will be getting the Premium Format (sorry, Museum Quality) Superman, but I do have some problems with it. The black outline on the emblem being one, and the way the cap is attached being the other. They haven't even attempted to make it look like the comic or the real life versions. That is one of my main complaints about the 13" too, come to think about it.

As for DCD being crap - their statues can be excellent although it can be inconsistant. I have the recent GL vs. Sinestro which is fantastic as are the Batman B&W and the Superman Cover series is shaping up nicely.

My problem with DCDirect is they keeping starting up new lines of collectibles without ever finishing the old ones. They get me to buy into a line and before you know it they cancel the line without producing the last couple of characters i was hoping to get. Now here we go again. I rarely have a problem with their quality; just their indecisiveness.

BB

I think there are legitimate concerns you can have with almost anything like this. Most are subjective and stated reasonably make sense. But this isn't really junk. I don't really agree with the proportions being off but I don't have a big argument about it either. Rarely is a statue proprtionately perfect although I don't really see anything seriously wrong here, but if someone else does thats fine. I've also never really seen the cape attached terribly differently on Superman in 3 D or comics with the exception of childrens costumes. But not liking the way it's done is subjective and reasonable. Legitimate criticisms.
But just looking at the statue and saying it's crap and DCD is crap without any real reason is goofy. That's not real criticism, constructive or otherwise and I know that's what Frankenfan meant. No one is going to tell you what you have to like, not here anyway so far, but angry whining is just a waste of time for everyone.
Dave, I've been getting the Batman Black and White statues also. Really nice stuff. If your a fan of the individual artists and thier styles these are the "hotness". This was a really clever series and I like the direction DCD seems to be going in representing certain artists visions and converting them from 2 D into 3 D images. I'm also fairly happy with Adam Hughes "The Women of the DCU" busts. The only one I have so far is the only one released which is Wonder Woman. Nicely done but actually the least interesting of the series I think. The others are just more clever I think, like Catwoman, Hawkgirl and Supergirl which tell a little story. I don't get a lot of big statues, and the first PF I've ordered is SSC Spiderman, but I do like some of the minis and busts and the WW bust is nice.

Collector Freak said:
Oh yeah, these are all SO much better :rolleyes::
The 1/4 Superman from DCD is equal to or better than all of those Marvel PFs.

I would for sure take Punisher over Supes.

If the black outline is removed, I would pick him up. And I don't collect statues.

Collector Freak said:
Oh yeah, these are all SO much better :rolleyes::

71201_press01-001.jpg
7113_image01.jpg
7146_press01-001.jpg
7121_image01.jpg

,...yes, you are right,... these are million times better.... to compare sideshow to dcd it's no even fair,...sideshow it's much higher quality,...and better,...

Collector Freak said:
The 1/4 Superman from DCD is equal to or better than all of those Marvel PFs.

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha nice joke!,...

I agree that DCD can be hit and miss with it's work. I'm a big fan of the Batman B&W series along with the Superman and Wonder Woman mini-statues, but I was disappointed in the Batman Begins statues and busts.

I will be getting Batman, it looks like they fixed the length of the cape. I hope it comes with other hands so he can actually hold the Batarangs.

I think the PF Superman looks great. My only complaints with it are the huge neck hole, and the pose of the left arm and hand seem slightly awkward to me.

The 13" Batman looks much better with the cape coming past the boots.

Back