Where to buy a X-Men VS Sentinel statue?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samwise

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any reputable dealers that have the regular Sideshow X-Men VS Sentinel statue for sale? After seeing the pictures here I really want to get this piece. Any help would be appreciated. :)

You can check our local dealers(DSC, Fireside, Razor's edge), but most likely your best bet is ebay.

Hey Sam, I did a little check on the websites of our trusted board dealers, and didn't find one available. If it's the regular version you're after, you can try the wait list or head to eBay. Good luck to you--it's a great piece to add to your collection.

Thanks for the advice on where to buy the X-Men vs Sentinel statue. I really appreciate it. :)

But I just received an e-mail from Sideshow saying that they are converting my waitlist on the Exclusive X-Men vs Sentinel to an order. Since it is only $30 more than the regular I am going to go ahead and pick it up from Sideshow. :joy

You will not be sorry, the light up feature on this piece makes it one of, if not the best exclusive SS makes.

Jesse

I agree as well. It is a great statue and perhaps the best exclusive yet.

I suggest you test it and re-test it again a few days later as long as you are within your 30 days of owning the statue. Faulty electronics are very common on this piece.

Someone said that they got on the waitlist and had it converted to an order within a few days so I'd go there first (that was an Exclusive too). I got mine from Most Wanted Collectibles, but it was the only one they had. Haven't seen it anywhere else besides eBay, and you better be prepared to pay for it through eBay. Trust in thy waitlist.

Off topic, I just won one of these on ebay and when I got it, one of the 'tubes' that have lighting under the head of the Sentinel is loose. It still lights at the bottom. The other two are fixed. I can't tell if it's broken or is it supposed to be that way?

ComputerFly said:
Off topic, I just won one of these on ebay and when I got it, one of the 'tubes' that have lighting under the head of the Sentinel is loose. It still lights at the bottom. The other two are fixed. I can't tell if it's broken or is it supposed to be that way?

I just tapped my wires and none of them were loose. (That sounds strange.) Is it in danger of falling off? (Strange again...) Make sure that if you want this corrected that you act fast! It's possible that you can get this returned for a replacement through the original buyer, but you will need to get moving. I guess it's up to you whether or not it's worth the hassle.

I hate to get involved in a negative way but what the heck. I've heard so many glowing opinions of this statue on this board so I'm going to assume it's just me because I'm not an fan of the X-Men. I watched the movies (own the DVDs) and they are cool and I have the Logan PF and it is definitely cool so take that into consideration when reading this opinion. I finally saw this figure (regular version) in a store yesterday and boy was I glad I cancelled the exclusive. There wasn't one thing I liked about it. I'm not going to say it was sculpted badly because it looked fine for what it was (keep in mind I have no idea who or what the sentinel is) but I did find the paint a little too monotone. It lacked shading and depth. If I didn't know better, I would have thought it was produced by someone other than Sideshow. Considering that I love PF and the Green Goblin blew me away when I opened the box and saw it for the first time I was a little surprised by my reaction.

You're entitled to your opinion and I'm sure there are a few people here that are glad you cancelled your order too. I on the other hand love this piece. It's going to be the center piece of my collection until I get my Maul bust.

Fritz said:
There wasn't one thing I liked about it. I'm not going to say it was sculpted badly because it looked fine for what it was (keep in mind I have no idea who or what the sentinel is) but I did find the paint a little too monotone. It lacked shading and depth. If I didn't know better, I would have thought it was produced by someone other than Sideshow. Considering that I love PF and the Green Goblin blew me away when I opened the box and saw it for the first time I was a little surprised by my reaction.

That's too bad Fritz, but that's the cool thing about this hobby: there is something out there for everyone. Personally, I love this piece. It's no secret that I am a huge comics fan. It's the one hobby I stuck with since I was 13 and I'm 28 now. I love the Astonishing X-Men comic and this statue jumps right out of the comic page. The use of the electronics just puts it over the top for me...very creative IMO.

Funny you mention Logan PF. I really don't care for that one as the face looks weird to me. :D

SolidLiquidFox said:
...Funny you mention Logan PF. I really don't care for that one as the face looks weird to me. :D

Yeah I know, a lot of people don't like Logan and it's one of my favs. From what I remember though, I don't think anyone else on here said they didn't like the Sentinel statue. I think I'm the only one so what does that tell you? :wacky :D

Fritz said:
From what I remember though, I don't think anyone else on here said they didn't like the Sentinel statue. I think I'm the only one so what does that tell you? :wacky :D

Not liking the Sentinel statue is almost as absurd as wanting a Seline PF...

Of course, I am kidding. Underworld is awesome. Would not mind some 12" Underworld figures. :naughty

Back