Attakus Buffy vs. SS Buffy head to head comparision pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSA

Super Freak
Reaction score
Howdy folks! :wave

Here is the recently approved Attakus Buffy Statue:

buffyapproved3sv.jpg

And here is the Sideshow new Buffy PF:

ss7157press010013qt.jpg
ss7157press050018rk.jpg
ss7157press030014tp.jpg

The Attakus likeness, to me, seems very far off. Retail on it is $375 USD.

Sideshow's likeness seems great, and retails for $250 USD.

I'm very glad that I've got the SS Buffy on order, but I'll be passing on the
Attakus Buffy, as the likeness is so far off that it doesn't even look like Buffy.
Attakus is amazing in most all sculpts, but IMHO, this just isn't one of them.

They may have been going for Buffy's "essence", instead of her actual likeness. ;)

JS :D

Man that sucks. When I look at that I don't even think SMG or Buffy at all.

JSAuctionService said:
They may have been going for Buffy's "essence", instead of her actual likeness. ;)

brother :rolleyes:

Sideshow's is lots better, the likeness is spot on
You can see that the Attakus one is Buffy, but that's mostly because of the kick ass pose and Hunga Munga, there isn't really much of a SMG likeness..

I might have bought the Attakus one if it was the only one released, but now.. with the Sideshow PF Buffy announced, i'm not interested anymore

sorry Attakus :stake

Now that I've stared at SSC Buffy so much...anyone else seeing Elizabeth Montgomery from Bewitched?

:eek:

The pose and likeness on that Attakus statue are just awful. I wouldn't give you $3.75 for it.

Darklord Dave said:
Now that I've stared at SSC Buffy so much...anyone else seeing Elizabeth Montgomery from Bewitched?

:eek:

are you hoping that when she comes she will wrinkle her nose and perform magic for you?

The pose from the Attakus statue is great, but the likeness is indeed embarrasing...won't they have cursed at Sideshow :rolleyes: ....

After seeing the SS Buffy, I would think Attakus would step up with the likeness instead of going ahead on it. Makes my decision easy.

I'd swear that the prototype Attakus had a better likeness...anyone have a pic? Although this one looks like Amy from "Everwood" :drool

Darklord Dave said:
I'd swear that the prototype Attakus had a better likeness...anyone have a pic? Although this one looks like Amy from "Everwood" :drool

Actually I think the face looks more like Melissa Gilbert:

mg-sag.gif

mel-gilbert-tits.jpg

JS

Wow, I'd never noticed what nice yabbo's "half pint" had until just now. Thanks for posting JSA. And Melissa, thanks for wearing the gowns.

I really think the principal difference between the two products is the guy who sculpted the Attakus figure has obviously never seen a picture of SMG.
Not much comparison on likeness obviously. But what the Attakus statue lacks in resemblance compared to the SSC version, it more than makes up for with it's much higher retail price.

Darklord Dave said:
I think it looks a lot like the actress who played Buffy on TV, Sarah Michelle Jessica Parker Gellar?

Darklord Dave said:
I'd swear that the prototype Attakus had a better likeness...anyone have a pic? Although this one looks like Amy from "Everwood"
Stop yer swearin' Dave, there apparently was some heavy modification from proto to final, and not for the better.

Azog posted a link to the the proto pic in this thread, post #1: Link

dpb.jpg

The Attakus one is way off. My only problem with the SS Buffy is the Skin color, looks a little too red, I thought PF Han & Luke had the same problem.

Here is another picture of the Attakus Buffy:

buffy25dy.jpg

Again, doesn't look at all like SMG, which blows my mind, as I've gotta
believe that the sculptor(s) had many pictures of her to reference on it. :dunno

JS :confused:

Hmmm, i can see a bit of a SMG likeness in this new pic, the lower part of her face does have the "SMG" feeling (the mouth mostly)
the shape of the head and the eyes though... not much (AKA not at all)

So.. i'm still not buying it, but it was interesting to see a picture from a different angle

Back