DC DIRECT: Batman/Spawn Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bezzerkerr

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys,

anyone here own this statue?

I passed on it years ago, and just recently came across one for a good deal and thinking about pulling the trigger...opinions?

batman-spawn-statue.jpg

Please post you in-hand pics and opinions of this piece.

Thanks again!

I dont own one, but I did see it in a Suncoast movie store long time ago and it looked dope. Well worth it and I wish I didn't pass on it either. Also depends on the price, is it close to or above retail price?

I used to own this piece. Its nice. But never really liked how it displayed. Awesome concept though and sculpted by Todd McFarlane is cool. Its also a bit of a rough texture on them. Loved the Spawn/ Batman storyline though from the nineties and still a hugue fan of the early days of Spawn, when it was still being drawn by Todd himself. If you can get a good price I'd say it was worth it.

I too saw it at Suncoast, about 4-5 years ago.I did notice the weird texture on their suits/bodies. Not too crazy about the scale, stands about 13" tall.

I can get it for around $150, BUT there is a small break in the cape of Spawn, looks to be a clean break. I should be able to repair it and match the paint rather easily.

This piece retailed around $200-$225.

I have it, and snapped off a couple of quick pics for you. It's an OK statue, with some caveats:
1) It displays weird. You can see because of the sideways poses it doesn't really focus on either character...probably Spawn more than Batman. It works best if you display it above eye level.
2) The rough texture of the two characters...it works well for Spawn, but it's kinda fugly for Batman.

I got mine from Suncoast a couple years ago. It was marked down to $150, and they gave me another discount because the batarang broke off (it was a very easy fix)...I think I got it for like $75 all said & done. At that price it was a no-brainer.

spawn_batman1.jpg

spawn_batman2.jpg

spawn_batman3.jpg

Dude, you're the man...it does display kinda weird.

would you be able to snap another pic?, with another statue/action figure for Scale-Comparison purposes.

THANK AGAIN, your pics are greatly appreciated.

Here it is next to the SS Spider-Man 3 statue, ~ 14" from top to bottom:
scale_1.jpg

These are DCD 7" scale Alex Ross "Justice" action figures"
scale_2.jpg

SUNCOAST was a GREAT STORE. a shame they went belly up.

Thanks for the pics...they greatly assisted in my decision making process

SUNCOAST was a GREAT STORE. a shame they went belly up.

Thanks for the pics...they greatly assisted in my decision making process

Yea they had a lot of good stuff for a while. But their prices is what killed them. Stores like BB and Wal-Mart carrying movies for cheaper struck em down. RIP SunCoast, I got my Evil Ash bust there. Memories....:monkey2

Jeez how the hell are you supposed to display that!? :lol

That's one thing that's keeping me from pulling the trigger, that and the scale.

If i do purchase it, I plan on keeping it on a corner of a display case, 1/2 the time you see Spawn, the other 1/2 you see Bats.

Still unsure about pulling the trigger.

I got one. Got it dirt cheap too.

I personally hated the texture... and the inability to display with proper focus on either character.

I sold mine almost as quickly as I got it.

Easy pass for me.

You could put a mirror behind the statue (if you have a detolf, fit one on the back), so you can see both of them :)

Thanks everyone for the feedback adn your experiences with this statue.

I'm passing, I like it, I don't love it. If i got it for around $75 i'd gladly pick it up, but $150 for a chipped statue i'm not crazy about, is a NO BRAINER

Thanks again :)

i have mine in a mirrored display case so you can see all of the statue...plus i had todd mcfarlane himself autograph the statue. as a spawn fan, i think it looks really awesome.

Back