Bowen Real Bronze Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batman29

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, here it is:

Condition: Excellent to near mint (one scratch on the head, one on the shoulder, a bit of paint rub/scratch on the bottom of right hand, some base marks).

Size: 1/5 scale, this one is 15 inches including the marble base.

Weight: 22.5 pounds.

Edition Number: #29 for the statue, #11 for the Alter Ego bust. There is no certificate.

Original packaging: No original packaging.

Well as I have said before, these Bowen bronzes capture a different era in sculpture, and for me, it also captures Randy Bowen at a time when he arguably put statue making on the map in collectables. He also caught the essence of the original comic characters in these sculpts. These two reasons were major factors in my pursuit to purchase them at a reasonable price.

Very retro looking pieces, based on the original sketches of these superheros.

As for details, the Spidey is the most detailed of the three and is truly remarkable in this medium. The one with the most presence is the Hulk, espescially with the coloring ... and yes, to really draw the art in these out, they need a great deal of light to be displayed properly.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look!

Last edited:
BowenCaptainAmericaBronze2911001.jpg

BowenCaptainAmericaBronze2911002.jpg

BowenCaptainAmericaBronze2911003.jpg

BowenCaptainAmericaBronze2911004.jpg

BowenCaptainAmericaBronze2911005.jpg

BowenCaptainAmericaBronze2911006.jpg

BowenCaptainAmericaBronze2911007.jpg

BowenCaptainAmericaBronze2911008.jpg

BowenCaptainAmericaBronze2911009.jpg

BowenCaptainAmericaBronze2911010.jpg

WOW!

Congrats, Batman29!

Those three look amazing together! Very nice. Are these the only three true bronze, Bowen Marvel pieces? (Of the top of my head, these are the only three I could recall.)

Thanks for sharing.

WOW!

Congrats, Batman29!

Those three look amazing together! Very nice. Are these the only three true bronze, Bowen Marvel pieces? (Of the top of my head, these are the only three I could recall.)

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Chapter!

As far as I know, these are the only Marvel Bronze pieces.

I once thought these were the only Bowen bronze. But apparently there is a Darth Vader Bronze, and a Boba Fett Bronze.

Then there is the Batman Bronze also. Should have included that in the last pic too, duh. I will have to edit that later.

Oh, and I think there is a Conan one (not the one from Hard Hero) BUT I am not sure on that one.

Last edited:
Thanks Chapter!

I once thought these were the only Bowen bronze. But apparently there is a Darth Vader Bronze, and a Boba Fett Bronze.

Then there is the Batman Bronze also. Should have included that in the last pic too, duh. I will have to edit that later.

Oh, and I think there is a Conan one (not the one from Hard Hero) BUT I am not sure on that one.

But those are all of Marvel ones?

Congrats!

The trio look very fine together..your collection is now complete.

BIG congrats. So glad you got Captain to complete the trilogy. :)

KICKASS MAN!!!!!

But those are all of Marvel ones?

Sorry Chap, I misread your original question, I edited my response a bit.

As far as I know, these are the only Marvel ones. But I am not 100% sure on this response.

Congrats Bats!

Now the trifecta is complete, what's next or are you going to give the wallet a break?:lol

You're really one rich guy. ;)
Congrats!!! :rock

Thanks Squid and Beachfox. Yes, wallet is getting a break :lol .

You guys both know, when acquiring expensive pieces, it means having to let go of other stuff. For me, it brought me to a point of what themes I am keeping.

For example, I now know that most (like 95%) of my Star Wars stuff (which is all Sideshow PF or maquettes, or busts) are/will be going. It's just how it is in this hobby, unless you have a mansion with dedicated rooms and a dedicated financial budget.

These bronze pieces were important to me, as a) they fit in my major collecting theme, and b) they are of long term interest to me.

So I made the plunge, on the condition that other stuff goes.

Congrats, these are true grail. I am full of envy.

Congrats!

The trio look very fine together..your collection is now complete.

BIG congrats. So glad you got Captain to complete the trilogy. :)

KICKASS MAN!!!!!

Thanks GW, DK, and Gru!

Was this the Captain America Bronze that was recently listed on Ebay, with the seller out of Hawaii?
If it was...I inquired about purchasing this one myself, but was outbid...I'm curious to know. I have the Spidey, have never seen The Hulk (would definitely buy it), and also like the Cap.
Thanks in advance.

Ahhh... So the difference between these and the other bronze pieces is that these are true bronze vs. bronze plated?
I think you made a wise choice if it brings you so much happiness.

Was this the Captain America Bronze that was recently listed on Ebay, with the seller out of Hawaii?
If it was...I inquired about purchasing this one myself, but was outbid...I'm curious to know. I have the Spidey, have never seen The Hulk (would definitely buy it), and also like the Cap.
Thanks in advance.

Hi, yes this one came out of Hawaii.

Ahhh... So the difference between these and the other bronze pieces is that these are true bronze vs. bronze plated?
I think you made a wise choice if it brings you so much happiness.

Close, it is not Bronze plated, it is a polystone/ceramic statued painted to look bronze.

Back