PDA

View Full Version : Battlestar Galactica Episode Thread *SPOILERS*

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Batty
02-19-2006, 11:45 AM
We might as well start a thread for discussion about BG episodes. It's one of the few shows I make sure to watch every week and I think there are a few others here who do the same.

Thanks to hairlesswookiee for the suggestion.

Darklord Dave
02-19-2006, 11:47 AM
Doesn't this week's ep make Apollo a much more interesting character? This will give him and dad a lot more things to argue about.

Batty
02-19-2006, 11:56 AM
I think BG is one of the shortest hours on television, it's over before you know it. Did anyone else see Apollo ending up as Commander of the Pegasus? It will make him much more interesting.

hairlesswookiee
02-19-2006, 12:02 PM
alright!!! not all my ideas are stupid. umm... lee adama was promoted twice in this week's episode. one was from captain to major during the time between last and this episode. then he received a promotion for his efforts in the ambush of the cylons against the pegasus. im psyched now!!!! so which version of lee will we see in 12" form?? im really interested to see how the election will go now that baltar has announced his running for the presidency. (i cant believe he had the ballz to go through with it.)

Xeno
02-19-2006, 12:45 PM
I like Lee being promoted to the Pegasus commander. On the other hand, that could mean we'll see less of him as it is a different role he now will be playing. On the OTHER hand, I can hardly imagine the Pegasus will be around very long. I mean, ths show IS called "Battlestar Galactica" for a reason. :)

The Baltar thread is getting on my nerves btw.. I hate that guy. Makes me bloody nervous.

btw, Linda Park, the actress playing Cylon Boomer. is that a sister of Grace Park (Hoshi from ST Enterprise)?? I think she must be. Yes ofcourse I can look that up very easily.. ;) I like 'm both. :)

How may eps to go for the season finale??

screamingmetal
02-19-2006, 02:55 PM
alright!!! not all my ideas are stupid. umm... lee adama was promoted twice in this week's episode. one was from captain to major during the time between last and this episode. then he received a promotion for his efforts in the ambush of the cylons against the pegasus. im psyched now!!!! so which version of lee will we see in 12" form??I'd like him to be as he was at the start of the show. I doubt a Commander in charge of Pegasus would be flying around in a Raptor much, so that means he wouldn't come with a flight helmet or head with the helmet on. And since it's likely only Starbuck would have one of those helmets, I'd like another opportunity to have a Raptor Pilot.

This Episode was both good and bad for me. I loved the situation with John Heard, Apollo, and Starbuck on Pegasus. But the abortion part of the episode made it feel more like a standard Star Trek ep.. Not that type of story telling is bad, it's just not the usual Battlestar Galactica plot.
I also didn't totally like the way Heard's character went out, almost a cliched plot point. But there was something about the way they told this part that made the ending seam more acceptable. I liked how they handled the character's redemption.

Doesn't this week's ep make Apollo a much more interesting character? This will give him and dad a lot more things to argue about
Yes, absolutely. There's a lot of story possibilities with Apollo commanding Pegasus. And it sets up some interesting father/son conflict.

gdb
02-19-2006, 04:15 PM
I loved this weeks for two other points:

1) It moved away from the LOST story type episodes of late -- where it's told misjointed and out of time. (The one big clunker in this series IMHO is Apollo vs. the black market.)

2) Starbuck and Lee had some really good drama. NICE.

Yes, Lee as Captain of the Pegasus is full of posabilities. I think I know how the season is going to end now. The Pegasus has to jump to unknown coordinates and spends all to some of next season finding its way back. I would welome that. I miss the split story threads.

Darklord Dave
02-19-2006, 04:57 PM
I really, really don't want to start a discussion on abortion rights. But this was exactly NOT like a Star Trek episode. They made it muddy, ambiguous and difficult and ended up with Rosalin going against her beliefs but for all the right reasons.

It also showed what a poor politician she is, as she gave the Geminins exactly what they wanted but still ended up alienating them.

gdb
02-19-2006, 05:11 PM
I really, really don't want to start a discussion on abortion rights.
Agreed.

But this was exactly NOT like a Star Trek episode. They made it muddy, ambiguous and difficult and ended up with Rosalin going against her beliefs but for all the right reasons.

You hit it dead on. It took the typical arguements as given and explored the situation from a different angle. It reminded me more of Hills Street Blues or the Shield than Star Trek. Yes, okay, Ron Moore used to write for DS9 and I can see the connection there, but this story line was much more mature... an evolutionary leap, if you will, from any Star Trek episode. Or a quantum leap from any Enterprise episode.

screamingmetal
02-19-2006, 07:04 PM
Who the hell is starting a discussion on abortion rights? This is about Battlestar. :confused:

The particular position on a subject, or the complexity, or angle, or level of maturity it's dealt with has nothing to do with it being like or unlike a Star Trek story. If this part of the ep. never appeared we wouldn't be missing anything. It only served the major story arc of the series by putting Roslyn against these Gemini people and giving Baltar a chance to exploit the situation to take the presidency from Roslyn. It could've been done a million other ways but the way they did it WAS making it a issue out of it.
Suddenly this character is introduced out of nowhere to be a catalyst for an issue that was never a part of the story before, then disappears probably never to be seen again. This issue was thrown out of left field, having very little if anything to do with the major plot of the story and little impact on the characters. I doubt it will be brought up again unless it becomes a major part of Baltar's presidential campaign. But then it'll be a side issue never getting any full attention.

And Star Trek has tackled subjects that were muddy, ambiguous and difficult to come to terms with, only difference is that Star Trek mirrored our world more closely.

gdb
02-19-2006, 08:01 PM
...Star Trek has tackled subjects that were muddy, ambiguous and difficult to come to terms with, only difference is that Star Trek mirrored our world more closely.

The difference is the story telling. Star Trek treats their topics as allegories, often introducing some new planet/race/space anomoly, etc. to represent the arguement.

Also, as you pointed out, BSG didn't make it the A story (where the plot revolves around the problem and, hopefully, when it's resolved the entire episode comes to its logical conclusion).

It was handled like an hour drama might. And instead of the captain -- speaking in one, clear voice as if for the show -- declaring a genuine conclusion, it featured two conflicted characters making political speeches rife with suptext, mudding their true intentions.

And, I might add, it served as a great counterballance to the forced abortion episode a couple weeks back.

One of Nine
02-19-2006, 08:34 PM
Next weeks episode looks as if it will be a great one, man this show ROCKS!!!

Batty
02-19-2006, 09:20 PM
Who the hell is starting a discussion on abortion rights? This is about Battlestar. :confused:

The particular position on a subject, or the complexity, or angle, or level of maturity it's dealt with has nothing to do with it being like or unlike a Star Trek story. If this part of the ep. never appeared we wouldn't be missing anything. It only served the major story arc of the series by putting Roslyn against these Gemini people and giving Baltar a chance to exploit the situation to take the presidency from Roslyn. It could've been done a million other ways but the way they did it WAS making it a issue out of it.
Suddenly this character is introduced out of nowhere to be a catalyst for an issue that was never a part of the story before, then disappears probably never to be seen again. This issue was thrown out of left field, having very little if anything to do with the major plot of the story and little impact on the characters. I doubt it will be brought up again unless it becomes a major part of Baltar's presidential campaign. But then it'll be a side issue never getting any full attention.
I think the abortion issue was more of a reminder of the roll religion plays in BSG. Religion seemed to be a bit more prevalent in season one with Roslin's visions and her need to fulfill the prophecy. There was also the willingness of a large part of the fleet to follow her because of their beliefs. It just part of the complexity of the show.

The issue of abortion has been brought up before: The decision on whether or not to kill Sharon's little hybrid toaster.

On another note: One of my favorite characters is Baltar. I think James Callis is great as nutty Gaius.

Darklord Dave
02-19-2006, 09:21 PM
BG does explore ideas that are very close to our reality. The one with Lucy Lawless as a reporter and how the media manipulate information for a political agenda was particularly interesting.

And it's interesting to see how Baltar's campaign develops as he is taking the rational/scientific side vs. Roslyn's more theocratic side. So it's difficult to see how he could make the Geminin situation work to his advantage unless it's just to throw his hat into the ring.

hairlesswookiee
02-20-2006, 09:53 AM
i think the pegasus will get destroyed sometime before the end of the season or the first of the 3rd season. im hoping that lucy lawless makes more appearances in the show because her character was pretty cool. i do hope they keep lee in a majority of the episodes even though he is in the pegasus now. i dont see how they could cut him out too much because he is one of the main characters.

gdb
02-20-2006, 07:46 PM
BG does explore ideas that are very close to our reality. The one with Lucy Lawless as a reporter and how the media manipulate information for a political agenda was particularly interesting.

I actually found the ending of that one, where the janitor starts whistling and it builds into a montage with the original theme playing, surprisingly quite touching.

Darklord Dave
02-21-2006, 12:34 AM
I actually found the ending of that one, where the janitor starts whistling and it builds into a montage with the original theme playing, surprisingly quite touching.

That's what I love about the show - that particular scene was touching, nostalgic and yet totally ironic and cynical. It truly makes you feel and think at the same time.

hairlesswookiee
02-23-2006, 09:01 AM
bump back to the top!!!! im all pumped and ready for tomorrow's episode!!! i wonder how fast apple has the latest episodes available for download.

Darklord Dave
02-23-2006, 10:34 AM
I'm just now watching the S.1 DVDs and it's interesting to listen to the commentaries. Moore and Eick are pretty upfront about what the "network" did and didn't want them to do. Wasn't too keen on the stab at Farscape as a show that got "too cool for school" and ended up alienating all by the 9 viewers who wouldn't miss an episode. (Even if it is true).

Batty
02-23-2006, 11:03 AM
I just wanted to recommend the AOL and SciFi.com BG sites. AOL's weekly exclusive content is very cool. It's great to listen to Jamie Bamber without his American accent.

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/

http://television.aol.com/feature/battlestar_galactica_tv

screamingmetal
02-23-2006, 03:49 PM
bump back to the top!!!! im all pumped and ready for tomorrow's episode!!! i wonder how fast apple has the latest episodes available for download.
Yeah it's the only thing I look forward to on TV.
also. I don't know if it was brought up before but Sci-Fi channel will be airing the new Doctor Who series in March.
Something else to look forward to on TV!
:banana

hairlesswookiee
02-23-2006, 04:26 PM
man, that does sound pretty good. im gonna have to do some searching around the net this weekend for some more information about the dr who show. also, has anyone seen any of the new episodes from stargate atlantis?? (i love sci-fi friday)

gdb
02-23-2006, 04:39 PM
Oh the new Doctor Who show is GOOD. Some wonky bits and geared toward the Star Trek age range, but GOOD. I, uh, happened upon them via the net.

Don't root around too much for info on the new show. There's some massive spoilers about how the season ends out there.

Oh here's some info on both Doctor Who and BSG...

"At long last... America will finally get the first season of the new Doctor Who television series, according to a press release on the official Doctor Who website. The US-based Sci-Fi Channel, owned by NBC Universal, has secured a deal to broadcast the 13 episodes in America starting in March, beginning on what Outpost Gallifrey believes is likely March 17 (the week after the season finales of the popular "Battlestar Galactica" and two "Stargate" shows), at 9:00pm Friday nights, and it will likely conclude at some point in mid-to-late June in time for Sci-Fi's summer premieres of those shows. The press release notes that Sci-Fi has an option for series two, likely to be acted upon after initial ratings come in."

The entire article is found here... http://www.gallifreyone.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?id=EEFZpAlEAFqujDuSnX&tmpl=newsrss but the site and the page itself is littered with spoilers so you have been warned!

hairlesswookiee
02-24-2006, 10:15 AM
who watched last night??? im still trying to find it so hopefully i can watch it before the end of the weekend.

Batty
02-24-2006, 04:21 PM
Tonight. 10:00. Ready?

gdb
02-24-2006, 08:59 PM
Breathtaking.

Josette
02-24-2006, 09:39 PM
That was just amazing....I didn't know what to expect, but tonight's episode blew me away. It was easily the best of the second half of this season by far, and possibly one of the very best episodes of the show period.

DarkArtist81
02-25-2006, 12:29 PM
Yeah, last nights episode was just.... awesome beyond words. Though now, I wonder what the deal is with Baltar... What does this mean for him, is he not human? My mind was going crazy as I tried to figure it out. Just funny that his situation would be reversed exactly for Six.

Can't wait for next week!!! :joy

gdb
02-25-2006, 04:18 PM
I know what you mean, DarkArtist81. Until last night I was 100% sure that Caprica 6's soul was accidentally transfered into Baltar's brain. We know he doesn't have a physical chip in his head, but, then, niether do the Cylons.

I would actually bet that for the first season, this plot element was in the show's bible. But then Ron Moore or someone had the idea to bring Caprica 6 back and have Baltar roaming around in her head, too, and that it's such a great idea they couldn't pass on it. But then, Ron Moore may have been dreaming this up from the get go.

Now I'm not sure if they switched parts of their essence... like he got her fercious side and she got his rational side or if they're so crazy-in-love that they see and hear their lost loved one everywhere they go.

Either way, Caprica 6 got the better of the deal. Her Baltar is much friendlier than his Caprica 6.

Darklord Dave
02-25-2006, 11:13 PM
I once again mention the commentaries on the DVDs - Moore said that having Sharon on Caprica and the eventual baby was just made up as they went along and that has almost become the driving plotline and sole motivation of the Cylons.

So I'm betting this Baltar development wasn't planned at all. I would have loved to have been in the writer's room when this suggestion was made -

"...okay, guys....get this.... What if....when 6 wakes up after being blown up on Caprica....she has Gaius in HER head!" *dead silence* [Then cheers and laughter - cries of "Brilliant!"]

I'm also loving Lawless - personally I don't care if we don't go back to the BG for the next few episodes. I want to see what these two "heroes of the Cylon" are going to do.

DarkArtist81
02-26-2006, 12:15 AM
I agree Dave, I'm really looking forward to the direction they are going for with the "Heroes of the Cylon" plot thread. It makes the Cylons more 3 dimensional. Any war is not going to be 100% one sided, you will have those on both ends who do not agree and want peace. You'll have traitors and conspiracy, dishonest acts and acts of human cruelty. The best thing about BSG is that they do this... There are scenes where I cannot stand what the humans are doing and know that they are in the wrong, times when I agree with the Cylons... It's crazy. No one can say they remember watching Star Wars and really understanding where Palpatine was coming from.... NO... he's evil... end of story.

As for Baltar and Six's new development, I would also have loved to been in the writers room when they came up with that little bit of info... Just interesting to see where they go from here and what this means for Baltar in the future..

Next episode is part one of the two part season finale! Woo-Hoo... I bet some crazy stuff is gonna go down! :banana

Batty
02-26-2006, 12:52 AM
Excellent episode. One of the great things about BG is how they take their time to develop the characters. Baltar is one of my favorites and it was great to see what they did with him this week. I also loved it when Six took out Lucy Lawless.

Maybe I missed it, but where did they get the dead infant to replace Sharon's baby?

Another thing I was wondering while watching this episode: How many humanoid Cyclons have we seen now? There's Six, Sharon, D'Anna(Lucy Lawless), Doral, Leobon(the guy blown out of the air-lock), and the doctor on Caprica. There are twelve models, that makes six. Have I missed any?

screamingmetal
02-26-2006, 02:27 PM
I agree I don't think the writers have all of this planned well in advance. Which is amazing considering they have a few plot lines evolving throughout the series.

Maybe I missed it, but where did they get the dead infant to replace Sharon's baby?
Yeah I'm wondering about that too, and I watched the ep. twice (although not closely each time). Maybe the woman who got the Cylon baby at the end lost her baby? Or maybe they have a surplus of dead babies in storage just incase they needed them?
:dunno

The new Caprica storyline is a great addition. Maybe now we'll be getting multiple story lines occurring in the same episode jumping from one to the other like the way they did in the first season.
The Caprica Six Baltar thing is a interesting development. I think it means that Baltar's schizophrenic hallucinations of Six weren't just insanity, there must be something causing them. Which I didn't think was likely before this episode.

gdb
02-26-2006, 04:48 PM
Another thing I was wondering while watching this episode: How many humanoid Cyclons have we seen now? There's Six, Sharon, D'Anna(Lucy Lawless), Doral, Leobon(the guy blown out of the air-lock), and the doctor on Caprica. There are twelve models, that makes six. Have I missed any?

I was wondering that myself. I don't think you missed any. I wonder if there's a web site out there with all the revealed models pictured.

It bothers me "a little" that we don't see a greater and more diverse variety of Cylons. But I understand there are budgeting and schedualing considerations.

screamingmetal
02-26-2006, 04:59 PM
I wonder if the fact that there are 12 Olympians has anything to do with the 12 models of Cylons?
Maybe the new Baby Cylon/human named Hera is one of the twelve models?

gdb
02-26-2006, 06:31 PM
I think Hera is a new thing altogether.

You're on to something with the number 12, though.

FYI, many things in the original series, such as the 12 tribes of man, and the name of Kobol as the orgin planet are unmistakably Mormon in origin thanks to the religious beliefs of Glen A. Larson.

I wonder if he views some of Ron Moore's contributions as blasphamy like the Cylons being devote worshipers while the humans are either agnostic or practice polytheism. That is when they aren't hooking up with Frakk-budies.

For more on the original series check out the Cliff-Clavin-like info here...
http://www.kobol.com/archives/BG-FAQ.html#E21

There's a lot of odd stuff there like the backstory of how Galactica 1980 came about and why George Lucas had BSG sued.

hairlesswookiee
02-27-2006, 06:47 PM
i loved downloaded... easily one of the second season's best episodes. i loved when sharon took out lucy!!! maybe they are trying to keep the rest of the models under wraps. im willing to bet that one of the models happens to be another key military officer on the battlestar... i mean there has to be a reason why they have only shown 6 of the 12 models. and it probably ties into the repeating 12 number throughout the show.

Darklord Dave
02-27-2006, 08:55 PM
Even if one of the regulars or semi-regulars doesn't turn out to be a Cylon, it makes sense to keep the other models under wraps for casting purposes. I don't expect them all to be stunt casting like Lawless, but why lock yourself down to an actor if you don't have to?

hairlesswookiee
02-28-2006, 01:20 PM
^^exactly!!! but i think they are keeping it this way for a specific reason. i think they are gonna wait until the season finale--- then whip out the chcuk norris-- super-cylon-assasin model!!! he will have super cylon strengths, impervious to practical weapons, and will also stun them with his beard!!!

Batty
02-28-2006, 03:51 PM
Has anyone listened to the podcast for Downloaded? I haven't had a chance, yet.

gdb
02-28-2006, 04:05 PM
Has anyone listened to the podcast for Downloaded? I haven't had a chance, yet.

I'm afraid of spoilers. I can't listen to them until after the season ends. (I even sheild my eyes durring the "spoiler" portion of the opening credits.)

Batty
02-28-2006, 04:54 PM
I'm afraid of spoilers. I can't listen to them until after the season ends. (I even sheild my eyes durring the "spoiler" portion of the opening credits.)
LOL. Now I know I'm not the only one who does that during the opening credits! As far as the podcasts go, I think Ron Moore is pretty good to sticking to whatever episode he's talking about. I can't think of a time he gave away info that I didn't want to hear.

Xeno
03-01-2006, 02:34 PM
I really like those little spoilers! :) Makes me wanna watch even MORE!

gdb
03-01-2006, 04:37 PM
LOL. Now I know I'm not the only one who does that during the opening credits!

Glad to read I'm not alone on that one!

Batty
03-05-2006, 10:45 PM
Anyone watch this week?

I was really happy to see Dean Stockwell. I've been a fan of his for a long time. I loved the part where he sarcastically said that he was a Cylon.

I found it interesting that the planet was discovered because of coordinates "mistakenly" given by Sharon. And I hate to say it, but I hope Anders gets killed. I don't like seeing a happy Starbuck. On the other hand, poor Chief never gets a break.

90 minute season finale next week.

gdb
03-05-2006, 11:00 PM
I really liked Dean Stockwell. He struck the perfect note. I hope he becomes recurring. And I also liked that we finally got the other side of the religious arguement. We've heard the religious right's side spoken by the Cylons and now we get the more moderate progressive side as spoken by Stockwell.

I can't wait till next week. I was gonna let the episode linger in TiVo so I could trun next Friday into a BSG event, but I was too afraid that I'd run into a commerical for Friday and spoil too much of last week's drama.

gdb
03-10-2006, 09:34 PM
October???

"I don't have to listen. I'm the President."

Xeno
03-12-2006, 07:01 AM
I just finished watching the finale, right after watching the episoder before that yesterday eveing.

Though being great 2 episodes and especially the season ending, I really was/am left with some feeling soemthing is forgotten. Or it is still part of some great storytelling I cannot figure out yet. And that is entirely possible ofcourse. :)

I refer to the episode of 3 weeks ago ( I think.. could be 4 already). The one which was focussed on the Caprica world with the Cylons. There were the Sharon Cylon and the nr 6. All built up to that moment in the parkinglot that was just bombed. Anders was there wounded. And the nr 6 and the Sharon Cylon kill the "Xena-Cylon" ( sorry don't know her Cylon-name ;) ). And they let Anders go.. decide together with a big handshake that the war with the humans is a bad thing. This all is also referred to by the priest-Cylon(s). So, assuming those Sharon and nr.6 Cylons on the Cylon fleet, meeting Pres. Baltar for his surrender are the same ones from the bombed parking lot.. where does this all leave us? And for that matter, where ARE those Priest-Cylons and the Sharon that were on Galactica?? And why did Chief get so fat?? :D And more seriously: Isn't that Cylon-baby a bit small still for being more than a year old by now?? I was kind of expecting it would perhaps grow faster than a real human child. That it would become a new story arc. I guess it could still happen ofcourse.. As far as we know a human/Cylon hybride will grow in a normal tempo for it's first year or 2,3 whatever and then get a growing "sprint".. Oh, and they're on a run for about 2 years now I think.. but as far as we can see, there's stil only one doctor? Apart from the fact that alone is not wise, he is an old man! He should have had some good assistents by now! And I think hair will not grow THAT fast in just a year as it did on Starbuck's head. ;) And WHY is there that big tension between her and Apollo and D?

Sorry for the rambling on. This was all popping into my head while typing. :)

ALL THOSE QUESTIONS ARE DRIVING ME MAD!! :monkey5 :google

Damn Moore for doing this show! He should quit after season 3 and make a new Star Trek one! :D Ds9 and Voyager disserve more story!

Batty
03-13-2006, 12:27 AM
The season finale was amazing. When Baltar lifted his head and we find out a year had passed totally blew me away. It seems like he definitely let power go to his head. Even though he surrendered, I'm sure with Six at his side he'll totally turn traitor. I wonder if we'll see him more like the megalomaniacal version from the original BG.

I loved when Brother Cavil (Dean Stockwell) found out that his cover had been blown. I really hope we see him more next season. I just want to know why no one was surprised when he appeared out of nowhere on Caprica. I also liked how both Battlestars were running on fumes and Adama knew that there was really nothing left to do.

I'm assuming we'll see some of what happened in the year we missed. I really liked that the writers just threw us ahead a year to leave us wondering about a lot of things. Hell of a way to end a season.

October? Frak!

gdb
03-15-2006, 10:53 AM
Isn't that Cylon-baby a bit small still for being more than a year old by now??

I think she's the right size for a one year-old. She was a pretty small premie. What threw me off at first was that she's not in a stroller and she wasn't all squirmy.

Oh, and they're on a run for about 2 years now I think.. but as far as we can see, there's stil only one doctor?

We saw drugs sold on the black market so there's a lot of doctoring going on with or without the official one. And he may have assistantants running around that we don't see -- I think he had help in previous episodes. I bet this is a budget thing that they don't give him permanent assistants.

And I think hair will not grow THAT fast in just a year as it did on Starbuck's head. ;)

With a good diet, hair can grow pretty fast. Alas, I miss Starbucks season one hair cut. :monkey5

Damn Moore for doing this show! He should quit after season 3 and make a new Star Trek one! :D Ds9 and Voyager disserve more story!

You're refering to the fact that he co-wrote Generations, First Contact, and wrote a good deal of DS9.

I know he wouldn't go back while the show is anyone else's baby, but if they gave him complete control, he sure could breathe new life into that franchise. Perhaps he's the only one who could right now. I really like the last few years of DS9 where Moore's influense can be clearly seen.

DarkArtist81
03-15-2006, 04:34 PM
The season finale was outstanding... Even if the year jump was a bit disorientating at first. Every character made amazing changes and I can only imagine the craziness we will have once October comes around. perfect way to end a season and get the speculation started. I could not be happier.

There are so many questions now! Baltar and Six... together again?... what this will no doubt lead to for his character? The Cylons... I thought they saw the error of their ways and were going to forget about us?.... Anders... Will he die..( I hope so...:naughty).. Apollo and Starbuck... what happened and why did he let himself get so damn FAT?? The fleet.... Is it a lost cause now? They have very few men onboard and are running again. Sharon... where did she go?

My brain is gonna be fried by October... Can't wait! :monkey2

Batty
03-15-2006, 05:17 PM
Besides Sharon, I was wondering what happened to Tom Zarek. Was he killed in the explosion? It would help explain why Baltar and New Caprica were such a mess.

I was very happy to hear on the podcast that Dean Stockwell will be back next season.

hairlesswookiee
03-16-2006, 04:54 PM
well i finally got up to date last night. umm... i cant say im 100% happy with the way things turned out. i did like dean stockwell as the crazy cylon priest-- my favorite scene was the one with him in the holding cell stating that he wasnt a cylon then he was like "oh" jamie bamber did look a little bit chubbier than usual, but i guess when you are a commander of a battlestar you dont really have time or the necessity to stay in shape. his father looks really different with the 'stache, and starbuck doesnt look so hot with the long hair... im hoping that this is some kind of "dream" or "vision" of what could happen if baltar would win the election.

gdb
03-16-2006, 06:02 PM
I've noticed that TV shows always age their newborns right after the birth episode -- usually by changing "actors". I wonder if the whole New Caprica plot point and the 1 year later was a product of the writer's trying to think up how to age the hybrid without cheating.

I just saw the season finale part 2 again -- damn TiVo ate part 1 when I wasn't looking. The first thing I noticed was how good an actor Dean Stockwell is. I only knew of him from Quantum Leap so I had no idea he was that good.

The other thing I noticed is that Starbuck calls her boyfriend her husband. Wow, I missed that the first time. I bet that's what caused the tension between her and Apollo.

Oh, well... October is only... 7 months away. And Doctor Who will occupy 3 of them.

Batty
03-16-2006, 06:30 PM
What about Cally being pregnant? There seems to be a lot that happened in that year. According to the podcast the whole jump ahead was just an idea that came up. It certainly wasn't part of the big plan. They also pointed out that the cradle the baby was in was the same one seen in Baltars vision from last season. Nice touch!

Darklord Dave
03-18-2006, 08:35 PM
Damn TIVO! I just got around to watching the final ep and it cut off before the end! So what happened right after the Cyclons flew over the camp on New Caprica?

Batty
03-18-2006, 09:18 PM
You only missed about 30 seconds. Check out the episode recap here:

http://television.aol.com/feature/battlestar_galactica_tv

It pretty much shows what you missed. What did you think of the episode, Dave?

gdb
03-18-2006, 10:16 PM
Damn TIVO! I just got around to watching the final ep and it cut off before the end! So what happened right after the Cyclons flew over the camp on New Caprica?

Ouch! They fly over a couple times. If the centurians are marching down Main St. then you only missed the end credits, some teasers for the first few shows of next season and an animated Ron Moore saying, "Now a moment of Zen to reflect on season two" only to be eaten by a giant slug thing while his partner (or maybe the slug thing) says, "Payback." Apart from The Daily Show reference, I didn't understand it either.

Otherwise, the fleet jumps out; a Cylon dressed in peasant garb rushes into Starbuck's tent and demands her husband tell him where Starbuck is; the main Cylons, including Caprica 6 and Boomer, board Airforce One and talk to Baltar, who surrenders unconditionally -- we get the feeling that Baltar somehow recognized Caprica 6 and we definately feel that she is happy to see him; Starbuck is next to Teig and his wife watching the Cylons fly overhead. Something like that anyway.

Darklord Dave
03-19-2006, 06:49 PM
That was quite a bit - the surrender and Caprica 6 appearing. And Chief and Kara's exchange - "What do we do now Captain?" "Fight'em until we can't."

Pretty good episode - the "one year later" was something of a shock. Eick's admonition that "if you think you know where we're going - you don't" is a bit cocky though.

Anyone else think that because of Caprica 6's presence that the Cylons may just still pretend to be friendly? Perhaps there's some infighting among them too.

Batty
03-19-2006, 06:51 PM
Seeing Col. Tigh this episode for more than 5 minutes made me realize how little he was used this season. He was much more prevalent in the first season.

DarkArtist81
03-19-2006, 09:29 PM
Yeah, they have left Tigh alone for quite a bit this season. He hasn't really been focused on since the attempt on his life.

And I DID notice that cradle... thought that it was almost the same, but to know that it was really adds to the relevance of it all.

hairlesswookiee
03-19-2006, 11:34 PM
yeah tigh didnt have much going on this season other than when using his "assets' to get info from the XO of the pegasus. i cant remember his name because he died rather quickly after taking command.

hairlesswookiee
03-27-2006, 03:46 PM
while since posting but has anyone heard news of a season 3?? i know its gonna happen, but anything official at all?

Batty
03-27-2006, 04:07 PM
I haven't heard anything on season 3, yet. They are posting podcasts of the writers meetings for the past season. It's very cool to hear these guys come up with ideas for each episode. It's also interesting to hear what ends up getting used and what doesn't.

hairlesswookiee
03-27-2006, 04:15 PM
I haven't heard anything on season 3, yet. They are posting podcasts of the writers meetings for the past season. It's very cool to hear these guys come up with ideas for each episode. It's also interesting to hear what ends up getting used and what doesn't.

i agree 100% its kind of like watching the deleted scenes from movies and seeing what they cut out compared to what they used on screen. also great to hear them talking about their brainstorming on the episodes.

gdb
03-28-2006, 08:58 AM
while since posting but has anyone heard news of a season 3?? i know its gonna happen, but anything official at all?

I heard a lot in Oct (?) 2005 when it was announced that there WAS gonna be a season 3 and that the entire cast was returning and that they were going to start shooting in Jan. I think they showed clips of early episodes after the season finale first aired and that's when they announced its return would be in Oct. 2006. Since then I haven't heard anything.

hairlesswookiee
03-28-2006, 06:49 PM
^^^awesome thanks for the heads up. man.... october seems sooo far away.

William Shatners Toupee
05-24-2006, 12:01 AM
Just finished watching a marathon of the second half of season 2, and I can't say enough what a well written show this is... until I saw that two-part FINALE!

Things just got rushed too fast and it was kind of sloppy story telling, on IMHO.
I thought I missed an episode (and actually had to check an ep guide to make sure I didn't).

I really resented the one year later thing and wish to hell it was just going to be a presidential vision, because there were still stories with status quo/ regular format I wanted to see. Like all of the growing pains that Apollo has now that he had command of Pegasus, etc. Even the whole debate about moving down to New Caprica and the election should have been a multi-episode story I really felt we should have seen. I feel so robbed!

Even more irritation comes from being a comics fan and DC making all of their books jump OYL as well. It just feels so cheap and really just gave me a great spot to quit reading DC (well, MOST. Green Arrow rocks!).

The writing on Galactica has been amazing, but I am not looking forward to "having to start all over again". (I'm still hoping it was a dream!)

Darklord Dave
05-24-2006, 12:09 AM
Considering that they knew they were being picked up before they wrote the final episode, I have to believe that they have something great planned. It's not like that they were rushed and had to come up with a series finale or something. If you've liked the previous shows, I think that everything will come together in the new season.

hairlesswookiee
05-24-2006, 05:44 AM
i still think its going to turn into one of those "what if" visions the president has. at least thats what im hoping. i didnt like the season finale at all.

Ironman1188
05-24-2006, 05:52 AM
In the season three opener, Adama flushes the toilet, hears a scream and finds Cain in the shower. :rotfl

hairlesswookiee
05-24-2006, 06:10 AM
In the season three opener, Adama flushes the toilet, hears a scream and finds Cain in the shower. :rotfl
hey its probably been a long stressful period for everyone, this is what happens when you have everything co-ed.

wyrmn3500
05-28-2006, 05:53 PM
does anyone know when the 2nd half of season 2 is supposed to be released on dvd? 2.0 has been out for awhile-ish, and i can't wait to re-watch the latter episodes before s3.:D

DarkArtist81
05-28-2006, 10:10 PM
does anyone know when the 2nd half of season 2 is supposed to be released on dvd? 2.0 has been out for awhile-ish, and i can't wait to re-watch the latter episodes before s3.:D

Yeah, I've been wondering that too... Maybe an Amazon search is in order? I really want to know, would be nice to catch up on the last few episodes before the new season.

I think it will be like the last one.. it was released just a couple of months before the season started again, so I'd expect it in August or September. :cool:

hairlesswookiee
05-29-2006, 08:07 PM
does anyone else think its a ripoff to sell the season in two different sets?? i know they wanted to get the first half out before the second half, but they could've at least charged half the price. i mean $40 for half a season?? i think thats absurd.

Batty
05-29-2006, 08:41 PM
I've held off from buying Season 2.0 because I'm hoping they'll release all of season 2 together. I don't think they will, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did just to tick off people who've already bought 2.0.

As far as TV DVDs, TVShowsOnDVD.com (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/) is one of the best for reliable news. You set up an account and choose which TV shows you want to keep updated on. They send you emails with any info they get. They've always been right with the shows I'm signed up for.

Batty
06-07-2006, 01:08 PM
Here's the release date and box photo for season 2.5.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5801

wyrmn3500
06-08-2006, 06:35 PM
thanks for the info batty! can't wait for this to come out!

Batty
08-26-2006, 09:04 PM
There are two different preview trailers for Season 3 on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywlwdcRdcz8). There's still about 2 months to go.

DarkArtist81
08-26-2006, 09:08 PM
Batty you are my new personal hero!! I really can't wait for this show to return..... It is seriously the best show on TV, bar none. My favorite of all time.

Batty
08-26-2006, 09:21 PM
Batty you are my new personal hero!! I really can't wait for this show to return..... It is seriously the best show on TV, bar none. My favorite of all time.

I hear ya, man! I can't wait for the new season. You might want to check out the video blog (http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/video/blog/) over at the official site and watch the Peabody Madness blog. The South Park guys are great!

DarkArtist81
08-26-2006, 10:03 PM
Dude, thanks for that! I did not know anything about it.... And to know that Trey and Matt are geeking out as much as I am over this show is pretty funny. I tell everyone I know that if they are missing this show and basing it on the old series, that they owe it to themselves to watch a few episodes and tell me if they are not hooked.....

Great series... possibly EVER. :lol

hairlesswookiee
08-27-2006, 05:24 AM
looks pretty good to me. but i was hoping the end of season 2 was just some sort of hallucination or something. :monkey2

pickard
08-27-2006, 09:42 AM
does anyone else think its a ripoff to sell the season in two different sets?? i know they wanted to get the first half out before the second half, but they could've at least charged half the price. i mean $40 for half a season?? i think thats absurd.

I don't know about "absurd".

It's not a good price, but it's not unprecedented. Many shows have cost $80/season or higher.

Brisco County (27 episodes), for example, just came out with an MSRP of $100. Galactica's MSRP for a half-season is $50.

All the Star Trek seasons were $120. Sopranos was pretty high, also, I think.

They must think that the BG following is so fanatical that they'll pay that much. I won't, but I'm sure many will.

DarkArtist81
08-27-2006, 09:45 AM
They must think that the BG following is so fanatical that they'll pay that much. I won't, but I'm sure many will.

True.....I know I HAVE to buy the set, regardless of price. It's expensive, but, I can't go without this set.... :monkey2

DarkArtist81
09-08-2006, 07:28 PM
Well, the DVD is coming out on the 19th..... and I highly recommend Deep Discount DVD for their wonderful prices and free shipping..

Also, I am proud to announce that my Fiance is now hooked on the show. I started with the mini and had her watch the episodes at her leisure and she burned through the entire series so far in 2 weeks!!

Now she's itching to find out what happens with the Pegasus storyline.... It's great. I love that she's as into this show as I am.... :D

DarkArtist81
09-14-2006, 07:50 PM
So is anyone else getting the 12 inch figures from Majestic?? I have no idea what they will look like but I hope they will be good. I just was wondering your thoughts on them.....

So...to keep the thread alive...

What are your favorite 3 episodes? What are your favorite 3 characters?

My Fav Episodes...

1: Pegasus
2: Six Degrees of Seperation
3: Kobol's last Gleaming

Fav Characters..

1: Baltar
2: Cmdr Adama
3: Chief

:D

gdb
09-14-2006, 08:01 PM

My Fav Episodes...

Fav Characters..

Some excellent choices, DA!

episode...
1: Water
2: Kobol's Last Gleaming
3: Downloaded

character...
1: Baltar (my god, what they have done with this character compared to the orginal... amazing!)
2: Sharon (the dead one from Season 1 who was resurrected in Downloaded)
3: Starbuck (esp. season 1 when she had the butch hair cut)

hairlesswookiee
09-15-2006, 06:02 AM
hey Josh how's it going?? sorry i havent been around so much but i think im back now. anyways back to BSG!! i've been watching season 2 episodes like crazy in anticipation for the new season. im not gonna pick up the 12" figures, but i am thinking about grabing one of the new Cylons because it looks awesome.
my favorite episodes:
1.Scar
2.Pegasus
3.Kobol's Last Gleaming

characters:
1.Cmdr. Adama
2.Starbuck
3.Little Adama (he's commander of the Pegaus now right??)

Ironman1188
09-16-2006, 04:42 AM
So is anyone else getting the 12 inch figures from Majestic?? I have no idea what they will look like but I hope they will be good. I just was wondering your thoughts on them.....

So...to keep the thread alive...

My Fav Episodes...

Fav Characters..

Fave 3 BSG episodes?? hmmmmm

1- Gun on Ice Planet Zero
2- The Living Legend
3- The War of the Gods

3 fave characters?

1- Athena
2- Starbuck
3- Commander Cain

:monkey3

DarkArtist81
09-16-2006, 07:30 AM
:lol :rotfl :lol

Good one Ironman!! Are you a fan of classic BSG?? :cool:

That's cool, it wasn't my cup of tea at all.... but still a classic show and a good one too. And thank God it existed.... because it gave me the goodness that is the new BSG. Without it, my TV viewing would be boring and listless.

And Mark it is good to see you again! Great picks! Love the "litte Adama" joke! He's right up there on my fav characters too.... so is much of the cast, Cylons included.

In fact, I don't think there was a character I didn't like. Well, maybe Starbuck's love interest...the Pyramid player guy... don't like him all that much. My fiance does though...:lol

I HATED Adm Cain in the story.... but loved that she was there. That scene at the end of Pegasus part 1 still gives me goosebumps. My fiance is still bugging me to know what happens next! I'm trying to hold her back until next week when the DVD comes out for the second half.... :D

Ironman1188
09-16-2006, 08:29 AM
Yeah, DA, I guess you could say I'm a bit of a "purist" when it comes to 70's and 80's sci-fi [and 60's]. Some may be a bit campy or corny in retrospect but it paved the way for alot of what we now see.
I'll admit that the new BSG is decent enough sci-fi, but I hate that Starbuck, Boomer and even Cain were made into women.

DarkArtist81
09-16-2006, 09:25 AM
I can understand your POV on this one.... I know I would probably feel exactly the same way had I grown up watching that show. It's got to be strange seeing the characters realized in such a different way...

Lucky for me I never watched the old movie/show until recently.... so it was the same feeling...only in reverse!! :lol

Ironman1188
09-16-2006, 09:29 AM
I think they should have tried a ST:TNG twist with it and made it a further telling of the quest for Earth and used, perhaps, vague references to some of the key points from the original series. That way the new Cylons would kind of make sense as they would have progressed further technologically, they would create more advanced versions.

gdb
09-17-2006, 12:16 AM
I can understand your POV on this one.... I know I would probably feel exactly the same way had I grown up watching that show. It's got to be strange seeing the characters realized in such a different way...

Lucky for me I never watched the old movie/show until recently.... so it was the same feeling...only in reverse!! :lol

What you're talking about is how I felt about Smallville vs. Richard Donner's Superman The Movie. It took me a couple years before I could accept Lex Luther as a young adult living in Smallville and Clark Kent living in a world with the Internets. But now I dig it.

But back to BSG, while I eagerly watched the BSG premeire in the 70s and followed it every week and got the toys and watched the Galactica 1980 show and loved it all -- I took to the new series right away.

But if Ironman is a purist, I'm a deconstructionist. Excepting Superman the Movie, I love the old stuff for their historical value... not so much their entertainment value.

DarkArtist81
09-17-2006, 07:39 AM
The old show was very good and not the "Star Wars ripoff" that some labeled it as. I really enjoyed watching it. And GDB, I totally agree with you on Smallville. At first I had the same feeling and then I got into the show... It's very well done and it gets better every season.

This season of BSG is going to be interesting. We are meeting these characters again after a year apart. Lots of things have changed and we have to watch these characters regain themselves, so to speak.

Adama and Lee have to find some way to come back to the planet and save humanity, and they've got to rediscover the fighting spirit they had before getting comfortable again.

Baltar is probably the most conflicted one at the moment. Before, he was the human amongst humans with a Cylon secret... not really on anyone's side, he went back and forth...helping both sides along. Now, with the Cylons as the captors, he is forced to choose a side. He's human, and regardless of his past decisions or that Six is in his head (for reasons unknown).... he is a prisoner.

Everyone on the surface has to decide to be a part of the resistance or not, to fight the Cylons and try to find a way out of this mess or to just ignore it and try to live....

Either way, it makes for great drama and very interesting viewing.... I can't wait. :D

DarkArtist81
09-20-2006, 04:22 PM
For fans of the show who have not been lurking around the official site may not know of this... so I thought I would share...

Currently they are posting new "Webisodes" titled The Resistance, they will come out every Tues and Thurs at 9pm until the show's premiere. They are meant to bridge the gap between the season finale last year and the opening this year.

I've watched them all so far and they are really good, not as good as the show.... but still very good. It mainly covers the resistance via Tigh, Chief and Cally... with a few extras in the mix for good drama. They hide guns and talk religion all while trying to avoid the Cylons suspicion. If you are a fan and itching to watch the new season.... it's worth a few minutes of your time. :D

Here is a link....
http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/video/webisodes/05/

hairlesswookiee
09-21-2006, 05:00 AM
thanks for the heads up but im gonna wait a little longer before watching so i can watch them all at once without having to wait. it really bothers me to get into watching something then having it end and play the waiting game to watch the next part.

Darth Caedus
09-21-2006, 08:14 AM
thanks for the heads up but im gonna wait a little longer before watching so i can watch them all at once without having to wait. it really bothers me to get into watching something then having it end and play the waiting game to watch the next part.

Same here, I don't want to watch one and then wait for the next. One of the main reasons I didn't see the CW Cartoon until it came out in DVD. I am going to try to watch every episode on DVD before the new season starts. That is a whole crap load of episodes, but I don't sleep much and I hope I can pull it off, of frackin' hell. :chew :chew

hairlesswookiee
09-22-2006, 12:24 PM
yeah im still waiting for the entire season 2 coming out in one box before i buy it. i have them all from Itunes anyways so there isnt any rush. i just hate how they seem to be milking it by having two boxes at $40 each when i just bought season 1 and 2 of house for $65.

DarkArtist81
09-23-2006, 07:15 AM
Well Hairless.... if you get them ASAP from either Best Buy, DeepDiscountDVD or Amazon you can have it for $33-38 and save a little cash. It's not really that much and I'm sure that the full season will be about the same as both put together... like $80 or something around that cost... :monkey2

gdb
10-06-2006, 03:57 PM
The premier almost snuck past me! Thanks for the link to the webisodes DA! I'm watching them now so I can be up-to-date for tonight's episode.

FYI: Kevin Smith recommended BSG Season 2.5 on last weeks Ebert & Roeper and had just the nicest things to say about it -- talking about how it examines the "War on Terror" and how it transends typical Sci-Fi programming and works as a quality drama series. He even convinced Roeper to check it out.

Batty
10-06-2006, 04:01 PM
I can't wait for the premier tonight! :banana

hairlesswookiee
10-06-2006, 08:07 PM
wow!! is little adama no longer little.... anyways that episode was awesome!! cant wait to see next week's show.

DarkArtist81
10-07-2006, 07:40 AM
That episode OWNED..... I loved it. Still can't believe how much has changed. Funny that everyone hates Baltar so much, even though he is just as much a prisoner as they are.... maybe even more so. But he still deserves it, after getting them in that position in the first place.

Still crazy to see Lee that way..... He's chunkier than me!! Nice fatsuit though, very well done.

This season is going to be intense. No one is safe, anything can happen.... It's crazy.... The preview at the end of the episode is enough to make your head explode, and that's just the tease. :horror

Darth Caedus
10-07-2006, 11:40 AM
That episode OWNED..... I loved it. Still can't believe how much has changed. Funny that everyone hates Baltar so much, even though he is just as much a prisoner as they are.... maybe even more so. But he still deserves it, after getting them in that position in the first place.

Still crazy to see Lee that way..... He's chunkier than me!! Nice fatsuit though, very well done.

This season is going to be intense. No one is safe, anything can happen.... It's crazy.... The preview at the end of the episode is enough to make your head explode, and that's just the tease. :horror

GREAT EPISODE. Can't believe the ending, simply fantastic. Lee's fat suit is great, can't even tell it's fake at all. NO way they kill roslin, she seems to be okay in the preview, so that's a little spoilerish. Gaius a cylon, interesting....can't wiat for next week.

hairlesswookiee
10-07-2006, 12:16 PM
well Gaius as a Cylon would explain a couple things. like how he cracked the systems defenses in the mini series, how he was the only would that could see Six. i thought it was a great episode and it looks like season 3 is gonna be golden.

Batty
10-07-2006, 12:40 PM
It delivered without a doubt! One of my favorite things is how vile Dean Stockwell is as a Cylon. And I've said it before- I think James Callis is excellent as Baltar. I'm not sure about him being a Cylon. I think it might be another way to make him doubt his sanity.

Was the Cylon holding Starbuck a new one? I couldn't remember if he was in the first two seasons. And I'm not sold on her giving in so soon. It's only been 4 months that she's been held captive, you would think she was stronger than that. And I really hope Tigh's wife gets knocked off. I can't stand her.

I saw what Kevin Smith said about the show, and he is totally right.

Darth Caedus
10-07-2006, 01:07 PM
It delivered without a doubt! One of my favorite things is how vile Dean Stockwell is as a Cylon. And I've said it before- I think James Callis is excellent as Baltar. I'm not sure about him being a Cylon. I think it might be another way to make him doubt his sanity.

Was the Cylon holding Starbuck a new one? I couldn't remember if he was in the first two seasons. And I'm not sold on her giving in so soon. It's only been 4 months that she's been held captive, you would think she was stronger than that. And I really hope Tigh's wife gets knocked off. I can't stand her.

I saw what Kevin Smith said about the show, and he is totally right.

I was thinking the SAME thing about Starbuck. One of the more powerful characters in the show and she caves with a "kid" who might not even be hers....come on, sounds like a copout on that part. Hope she's just playing that cylon around so she can really get him next. But if she really wants to get him, hurt him to a point of death, but don't actually kill him...so he can't come back. i really hope she does that.

DarkArtist81
10-07-2006, 01:24 PM
Yeah, I have a feeling that she is playing Leoben (the Cylon captor) until he gets comfortable... so that she can escape.

And I agree with Batty... Gaius is a wonderful character and masterfully acted. That scene when he had to sign the death warrants... had me on edge! I really think it's a severe turning point for his character... Being forced to do something that Evil... I think it's done some major damage to his already broken mind. Can't wait to see what happens with him.

There is a lot that's happening in that show that's blowing my mind at the moment... I can't wait to see what happens next. :D

Darth Caedus
10-07-2006, 01:34 PM
the preview for next week had roslin taking over the baltar, don't know how that is going to happen. Obviously, the gunfire at the end, was sharon and her group shooting at the cyclons.

gdb
10-07-2006, 01:43 PM

I think he was the cylon that she tortured/interogated in season One and then said a prayer for after Roslin threw him out the airlock.

Wow! Now a woman knows how men feel when someone gets pregnant behind their back and shows up after years have passed. The way the series can be so dark, I truly thought it possible that Starbuck was going to kill that kid like she killed her stalker/captive. But isn't the kid too old to be Starbuck's stolen egg child from early in Season Two?

OMG, I understand the insurgants in Iraq so much more now.

Batty
10-07-2006, 01:56 PM
The podcast for last night's episode has downloaded. I just started listening to it.

I really like the podcasts. There's lots of great info from Ronald D. Moore about the making of the show.

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/downloads/podcast/season03/

Darth Caedus
10-07-2006, 02:01 PM
Wow! Now a woman knows how men feel when someone gets pregnant behind their back and shows up after years have passed.

:rotfl :rotfl :lol :lol

hairlesswookiee
10-07-2006, 04:39 PM
to be honest i hope the old man finds out everything that Baltar has done to them since the start. i hate baltar as a character-- he's a whiny, manipulative, buddy fu##ker!!! and i know since everyone blames him for the trouble they are in now so once they find out he's the one that screwed them in the beginning that they will most definately slap him like the biotch he is.

Darth Caedus
10-07-2006, 09:19 PM
to be honest i hope the old man finds out everything that Baltar has done to them since the start. i hate baltar as a character-- he's a whiny, manipulative, buddy fu##ker!!! and i know since everyone blames him for the trouble they are in now so once they find out he's the one that screwed them in the beginning that they will most definately slap him like the biotch he is.

yep, i think that there will be one confrontation with the all the people on new caprica and the galactica people when gauis is revealed as theperson reponsible for not only the cyclons on new caprica, but for the destruction of the 12 colonies. should be an AWESOME episode when that happens. but when that does happen, I don't see gauis living anytime past that, unless the cyclons protect him. I mean can you see humans letting him live after they know all that he has done?

drbrad1975
10-07-2006, 09:54 PM
OMG, I understand the insurgants in Iraq so much more now.

I hate the parallels (intentional) to the current Iraq war. It's an obvious political statement and not an accurate one either.

Cheers,

Brad

drbrad1975
10-07-2006, 09:59 PM
I was thinking the SAME thing about Starbuck. One of the more powerful characters in the show and she caves with a "kid" who might not even be hers....come on, sounds like a copout on that part. Hope she's just playing that cylon around so she can really get him next. But if she really wants to get him, hurt him to a point of death, but don't actually kill him...so he can't come back. i really hope she does that.

Me too...Starbuck being that easily manipulated!! I personally wanted the kid dead and I can't believe she doesn't feel the same way. Makes me respect her a lot less. Even if the kids is hers, she didn't carry it for nine months and give birth, which breaks that mother/child bond. It's half toaster DNA and it's a test tube baby!!! That negates all feelings towards that baby in my opinion.

Cheers,

Brad

hairlesswookiee
10-07-2006, 10:52 PM
i agree with Brad... i think she's trying to bait the cylons into believing she actually cares. but im sure in some twist she will escape with the kid back to the galactica.

Darth Caedus
10-08-2006, 10:55 AM
i agree with Brad... i think she's trying to bait the cylons into believing she actually cares. but im sure in some twist she will escape with the kid back to the galactica.

Well, she BETTER be baiting the cylons. If she actually falls in love with that cyclon dude, I'm going to throw something at my T.V. For the part of her taking the kid with her, I don't know about that. What the cylon told her about the kid is just pure heresay. She doesn't KNOW it's hers. Sure it's blonde, but that's about it.

gdb
10-08-2006, 06:30 PM
Poor Baltar. I feel for the guy. He just wanted to be President. He never wanted for the Cylons to come. And now he has to deal with the insurgants and the hard-liners in his Cylon alliance... and you just know that the Dean Stockwell Cylons are the ones fueling the violence somehow -- bating the humans and torturing the populace...

LordAzrael
10-08-2006, 07:21 PM
I hate the parallels (intentional) to the current Iraq war. It's an obvious political statement and not an accurate one either.

Cheers,

Brad

Its quite interesting to compare and contrast the themes from the original galactica - where the politicians continually want to appease the cylons - and each time they are betrayed - and never seem to know - and its only the vigilence of the military represented by Adama that keeps them from being annihilated.

Darth Caedus
10-08-2006, 10:07 PM
Poor Baltar. I feel for the guy. He just wanted to be President. He never wanted for the Cylons to come. And now he has to deal with the insurgants and the hard-liners in his Cylon alliance... and you just know that the Dean Stockwell Cylons are the ones fueling the violence somehow -- bating the humans and torturing the populace...

don't feel too bad for him. it was his fault the 12 colonies were destroyed, and his fault that new caprica is cyclon ruled.....

hairlesswookiee
10-09-2006, 03:39 AM
don't feel too bad for him. it was his fault the 12 colonies were destroyed, and his fault that new caprica is cyclon ruled.....

all because he couldnt resist a little Cylon poon tang.

hairlesswookiee
10-09-2006, 11:51 AM
oohh by the way. for people that have a 360 and xbox live there are a couple BSG downloads including trailers, and a 45 minute behind the scenes video.

Batty
10-09-2006, 12:04 PM
all because he couldnt resist a little Cylon poon tang.
Who could when it looked like that? :monkey5

hairlesswookiee
10-09-2006, 12:13 PM
very true, but i think grace parks is way hotter.

Batty
10-09-2006, 12:17 PM
It'll be interesting to see what the remaining Cylons look like. We should probably see another two or three this season.

hairlesswookiee
10-09-2006, 12:28 PM
i know it sounds too convenient, but ive always wondered about colonel tigh's wife.

Darth Caedus
10-09-2006, 01:18 PM
i know it sounds too convenient, but ive always wondered about colonel tigh's wife.

She always did seem like a dirty ******. Plus she was doing dean stockwell's cylon. I think this season we are in for some suprise cylons in normal characters we thought were human. (NOT baltar, that would be too obvious a choice)

Batty
10-09-2006, 01:39 PM
If Tigh's wife is one, wouldn't they just activate her so she could work from the inside? I think the only reason she's been having sex with the Stockwell Cylon is to protect Tigh.

gdb
10-09-2006, 01:58 PM

Cheers,

Brad

I just watched the episode again and there was only one political statment that I could see and it seems fairly accurate -- government policy shouldn't be dictated by the agenda of religious evangelicals.

I grant you, the stuff about the President surrounded by like minded thinkers and being unaware of torture and the Cylons being niether understood nor apprcieated and the insurgancy growing among the populace does all strike pretty close to home. But I'm not sure it works as a clear political statement. I see it like one of those Law & Order's that is based on a true story but dramatized for affect.

gdb
10-09-2006, 01:59 PM
If Tigh's wife is one, wouldn't they just activate her so she could work from the inside? I think the only reason she's been having sex with the Stockwell Cylon is to protect Tigh.

Yup and I think the only reason Stockwell has all the sex with her is becaue she's a human. (And because of the swirl.) :D

Batty
10-09-2006, 02:04 PM
Yup and I think the only reason Stockwell has all the sex with her is becaue she's a human. (And because of the swirl.) :D
Yeah, in the podcast Moore said that he put that in there because he's a huge Seinfeld fanatic. :lol

gdb
10-09-2006, 02:05 PM
:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :rotfl :rotfl

Tigh's wife knows the move!

hairlesswookiee
10-09-2006, 07:11 PM
lol... the swirl!!! seriously though, she could be a Cylon and not know it.

Xeno
10-10-2006, 02:07 PM
Me too...Starbuck being that easily manipulated!! I personally wanted the kid dead and I can't believe she doesn't feel the same way. Makes me respect her a lot less. Even if the kids is hers, she didn't carry it for nine months and give birth, which breaks that mother/child bond. It's half toaster DNA and it's a test tube baby!!! That negates all feelings towards that baby in my opinion.

Ofcourse not! It's a baby!! A small child! And she's a woman! That's all you need.

I was wondering if the kid was shoved of the stairs by the cylon really. Just to check her mother instincts.

And ofcourse she's playing the cylon. And man what a creepy cylon-guy he is!

gdb
10-10-2006, 02:23 PM
Ofcourse not! It's a baby!! A small child! And she's a woman! That's all you need.

I was wondering if the kid was shoved of the stairs by the cylon really. Just to check her mother instincts.

Good points. I hadn't thought about the stairs. That makes complete sense.

Darth Caedus
10-11-2006, 06:39 PM

It's dumb though, the kid could be 100% cyclon and 'buck wouldn't be nonthewiser. but i could see papa cyclon push the girl off the stairs. he's so creepy i just hope 'buck gets rid of him once and for all....but im sure she gets a weird pleasure killing him over and over again.

hairlesswookiee
10-12-2006, 08:53 AM
but im sure she gets a weird pleasure killing him over and over again.

some people are into that weird stuff. i want to see them rescue everyone and take the offensive against the Cylons.

gdb
10-14-2006, 05:41 PM
Anyone else miss Chief's beard?

Now I'm truly convinced that Starbuck's child isn't hers. If it was, then why would Xena be so interested in Hiro? So she has to be either a clone of Starbuck or... a baby number Six? Or maybe like in Blade, the child will start talking intelligetly and prove to be another Cylon model. But if the did that then no child actor that young could recite lines mature enough, nor would she stay that young... so probably not another Cylon model.

Batty
10-14-2006, 06:50 PM
Anyone else miss Chief's beard?

Now I'm truly convinced that Starbuck's child isn't hers. If it was, then why would Xena be so interested in Hiro? So she has to be either a clone of Starbuck or... a baby number Six? Or maybe like in Blade, the child will start talking intelligetly and prove to be another Cylon model. But if the did that then no child actor that young could recite lines mature enough, nor would she stay that young... so probably not another Cylon model.

:lol Yes! I guess it was done because of re-shoots.

It looks like this episode was the set-up for next week. I really liked the scene between Lee and Adama, and I loved the line about Tigh and Ellen being the parents of Chief's kid.

I'm not sure where they're going with the whole Starbuck arc, but something better happen fast. Seeing her play "Mommy" isn't cutting it. I think you're right about the kid not being hers.

Sideshow Q
10-20-2006, 09:56 PM
Wow, tonight's episode was amazing. Best yet. So many good things about this episode, but I wish I recorded it so I could watch the reentry sequence over again.

Batty
10-20-2006, 11:24 PM
I'm glad I record every episode... I'll definitely watch this episode again. It proved why BSG is the best show on TV. Seeing the Galactica fall out of the sky and then jump was one of the coolest things ever.

Q - Tonight's episode will be shown again Monday night at 11:00.

Darth Caedus
10-20-2006, 11:50 PM
SOOOOO good tonight. I'm so glad 'buck's "kid" wasn't hers. Kinda had the feeling it was going that direction anyway. Didn't see the pegasus being trashed, pleasant suprise. the one beef I had, was why was sharon's baby only being guarded by 2 fracking guards. it "maybe the change of things to come" but only 2 guards ?!?!?!?! Come on, I know the ID of the baby is supposed to be secret, but a baby that important would need more than 2 guards.

gdb
10-21-2006, 12:53 AM
Wow!!

Batty is right. Best... show... ever!

DarkArtist81
10-21-2006, 07:48 AM
Yeah, last night's episode was fantastic! The Galactica falling out of the sky... man... loved that scene... And Baltar's scene with Gaeta was just as tense as I thought it would be. Amazingly enough, it's trippy to have everyone back on Galactica now that they are all damaged and entirely different people than they were last season......

It should make for some good drama this year. Tigh is really F-ed up, lost and eye and had to kill his wife. God only knows what Sharon will do when she has confirmation that her baby was hidden from her. Starbuck will probably have some major damage due to being brainwashed and tricked for so long. Lee will have to get used to not being in command anymore. Gaeta is an entirely different guy, lots of issues there. Baltar... Hell, who knows where he's at?? He's NOT on the Galactica that's for sure.

I can't wait to see what happens. I still can't believe they pulled it off and got everyone out of there..... It seemed impossible but somehow they did it. Had to sacrifice the Pegasus to do it, but they pulled it off.....

Best show in the world..... :bow

Darklord Dave
10-22-2006, 11:56 AM
Whoa, this season has been riveting, I hope that they can keep it up.

Anyone else notice that Maya is the same actress that plays Joe on Eureka? Nice of Sci-fi to keep it in the family.

I hadn't thought of Lucy being so interested in Hera then KC couldn't really be a hybrid. So nothing comes out of artificial insemination and the only way to make a hybrid is the natural way?

Cause if was implied that there were a lot of attempts by the Cylons back on Caprica.

Batty
10-22-2006, 12:11 PM
Anyone else notice that Maya is the same actress that plays Joe on Eureka? Nice of Sci-fi to keep it in the family.

I watched the entire season of Eureka and didn't notice it was the same actress! The funny thing is, she appeared on Galactica first.

hairlesswookiee
10-22-2006, 05:43 PM
great episode!!! too bad they had to destroy the Pegasus because i really loved it.i wonder if lee will take over Tigh's place since tigh isnt fit for it anymore. because i dont see Lee fitting in the ****pit of a Viper until he loses some weight.

Batty
10-22-2006, 06:02 PM
great episode!!! too bad they had to destroy the Pegasus because i really loved it.i wonder if lee will take over Tigh's place since tigh isnt fit for it anymore. because i dont see Lee fitting in the ****pit of a Viper until he loses some weight.
I think it's good that the Pegasus is gone. Now the focus is back on the Galactica and everyone is back together. At least Pegasus went out in a blaze of glory!

As far as Tigh goes, he's pretty much a hero now... Adama's either going to promote him (to what I don't know), or he's going to let him do whatever he wants.

Darth Caedus
10-23-2006, 08:06 AM
I think it's good that the Pegasus is gone. Now the focus is back on the Galactica and everyone is back together. At least Pegasus went out in a blaze of glory!

As far as Tigh goes, he's pretty much a hero now... Adama's either going to promote him (to what I don't know), or he's going to let him do whatever he wants.

Yea, he did a might hard thing to do...snuff his wife. I don't think I could have done it. I too am glad the pegasus is gone; it will compact the show more with it gone and I like it that way.

Radagaster
10-24-2006, 05:39 PM
What threw me off was how they knew it was Sharon's baby that survived next to the 2 guards . . .I mean out of all the people who were left down there, what was the giveaway that the baby was Sharon's???

gdb
10-24-2006, 06:34 PM
Yea, he did a might hard thing to do...snuff his wife. I don't think I could have done it. I too am glad the pegasus is gone; it will compact the show more with it gone and I like it that way.

I just rewatched Exodus parts I & II and I'm not 100% sure that Tigh killed his wife.

The way the scene is played, an arguement could be made that after she confesses to cheating on Tigh, she knows that there's poison in the cup and she knows that Tigh has to get her to drink it and she chooses to say, "I could use a drink." The way I saw it the second time, she willingly took the drink to save her husband the pain of taking the responsability of executing her.

It was quite beautiful and touching. But I could be reading into it.

The other thing I noticed throughout watching it was how similar in feel the show was to any of the installments of LOTR. Truly epic in scope, sure, but the storytelling shows such respect and confidence in the material.

screamingmetal
10-24-2006, 06:48 PM
What threw me off was how they knew it was Sharon's baby that survived next to the 2 guards . . .I mean out of all the people who were left down there, what was the giveaway that the baby was Sharon's???
She was predestined to know love when she held the child in her arms, so if she felt love, she knew the prophesy was true and that was the Cylon/human hybrid. The child was also asian, which is what convinced me when she held the baby.
That was a great episode. Just saw it last night and I was floored.
I was shocked when Tigh killed his wife, I did a double take and thought he might have just put her asleep. Rewatched it and I couldn't believe it. Her character was great, kind of wished they had her in a few more episodes.

Radagaster
10-25-2006, 12:30 PM
I was thinking that there's no confirmation that Ellen Tigh is dead. It may have been a drug to put her to sleep and leave her stranded in New Caprica. The fact that we don't know what exactly is in the cup means anything is possible . . . The fact that we saw Tigh cry can mean a lot of things, but the basic fact is that Ellen was gonna be left behind. Whether as dead or in deep slumber is another thing. I could pretty much accept either way.

Batty
10-25-2006, 12:36 PM
In the podcast Moore says that Ellen is dead, and talks about the decision to killer her off.

Great podcast this week, btw.

gdb
10-28-2006, 10:45 PM
Collaborators was another great episode! Except... the whole time I was going, "But, but, but... Chief knows Felix saved the day."

Luckily TiVo still had Predipice in her little memory banks. I qued up the scene where Chief pumps Felix for information face-to-face and, by golly, I can totally buy that Chief doesn't know that Felix is the informer in that scene. (Though when I first saw it I had assumed he did know and was just being a jerk to Felix all because his baby's momma was arrested by the secret police.)

Oh and I can't wait for Balter to get his very own basestar in the coming weeks! I wonder if he'll get his own Lucifer or if his internal Caprica Six is already his own Lucifer. Though I don't know what Balter would do with a basestar in this Universe. He can't really chase the Galactica week to week like in the 70's, can he?

Batty
10-28-2006, 11:00 PM
This episode was another example of how great the writing is on this show, and that they don't just rely on action.

It was mentioned in one of the earlier episodes that the resistance didn't know who was supplying info. This way if one of them was caught, there was no way the Cylons could get who the informer was out of them. I just want to know why Felix didn't speak up about his involvement a little louder after the fact. It seems like he told Starbuck and that was it. I really thought he was just going to keep his mouth shut and let himself get blown out into space.

I love the idea of Baltar getting his own basestar! Well, the Cylons do plan on going to Earth. :lol

hairlesswookiee
10-29-2006, 02:58 PM
i loved this episode as well. finally see tigh grow a pair when he went off on adama.i have a feeling we'll see butting of heads before the season ends. tigh will probably see adama owing him because he lead the resistance, lost his eye, and killed his own wife. at least thats my predictions of what might happen. i'd like to see lee get back into his old self and possibly back into a viper for some combat missions.

screamingmetal
10-31-2006, 06:09 PM
I finally saw the episode last night, it was great as usual. Although I see another sci-fi property get explosive decompression wrong (and they were smart enough to get space combat mostly right).

I just want to know why Felix didn't speak up about his involvement a little louder after the fact. It seems like he told Starbuck and that was it. I really thought he was just going to keep his mouth shut and let himself get blown out into space.
Yeah I had the same problem, why wouldn't he just come out a tell everyone that he was the insider?
They played that aspect up to heighten tension, but the end result delivers a great message. As for why he didn't admit it openly, I think he was depressed, alienated, and probably a little suicidal.

DarkArtist81
11-04-2006, 05:51 PM
Last night's episode was another classic... posing some very interesting questions about Baltar and the Cylons. And again, I am reminded why I love the character of Bill Adama so much. That scene with Tigh and Starbuck was very cool to watch. He did exactly what I would have done in his position.... and I always get a sick little bit of joy when that happens.. :lol

Anyways... what do you guys think? Baltar....Cylon or no? :D

Batty
11-04-2006, 06:38 PM
I love this show!

I don't think Baltar is a Cylon, but I'm very interested in learning about the final five Cylons. Why aren't they talked about. Could they be rogues? Could the other five have a totally different agenda? Could they end up helping the humans? So many questions!

smc100
11-04-2006, 10:07 PM
That’s an interesting idea, someone built that satellite and it looks like it was designed to affect the Cylon's. Who else would have the intelligence to know how to design a virus to work against them?

hairlesswookiee
11-04-2006, 11:46 PM
That’s an interesting idea, someone built that satellite and it looks like it was designed to affect the Cylon's. Who else would have the intelligence to know how to design a virus to work against them?
thats a good theory. i dont think baltar is a cylon... but he is going to be involved with the disease spreading satellite that he found. maybe he will find out who created it and help the humans make more??

gdb
11-05-2006, 01:32 AM
I love Baltar! He's the George Costanza of the show.

Darklord Dave
11-05-2006, 02:26 AM
I thought it would be hard for them to keep up the quality after the new Caprica storyline, but these last 2 episodes have been fantastic. Baltar's situation is extremely interesting.

I'm a bit disappointed that they decided to turn Boomer into Athena, but it's a cool call-back to the old series. Although the quick acceptance of her into the pilot ranks doesn't ring completely true, given her history.

DarkArtist81
11-05-2006, 07:36 AM
I'm very pleased with Baltar's current situation, I think that it reminds him of who he is.... And what he is, a human. While on BSG, he was an outcast... he did not see himself as a part of the "team" so to speak. And 6 in his head only helped alienate him. But now, his tale is reversed. He's a captive on a Basestar, forced to do what he can to survive. And his allegiances are at last tested.... Does he betray humanity again? Or can he find some way to come back to the fleet and not be killed by doing so? He's in a tough spot, that's for sure. I think he will find a way to get back somehow, eventually....

As for Sharon, it's interesting to see the transition there... but I wonder when the child will be brought up again. And the betrayal of her by Adama and the President, she's bound to bring it up one day.

As for Tigh... I don't know what's going to happen with him. He was in a rough spot before the story, already an alcoholic. Now his eye was torn out, he led a resistance with an iron fist... delving into the darkest parts of the human mind doing so. And to top it all off, he killed his own wife. So now he just can't pop right back from that and resume being XO of the Galactica. I wonder what will become of his character from here on out.

I also wondered if they could top the New Caprica story, but man have they ever.... this show just gets better and better.... I guess it's deserving of the title I've given it... The BEST show I've ever seen. :rock

Batty
11-05-2006, 11:13 AM
I love Baltar! He's the George Costanza of the show.
Very true! There really is nothing redeeming about Baltar, but his drive for self-preservation is amazing to watch. He really will do or say anything as long as it suits his purpose. And you could almost feel sorry for him being in the situation he's in. I think he's one of the most interesting characters on tv right now.

gdb
11-21-2006, 04:31 PM
So "Hero" was good but it seemed like a season 1 or 2 (or 2.5) episode. Maybe I'm spoiled after the first half of this season but I was expecting more progress to the season story arc.

Although it was fun to see Baltar in bed with both Xena and Caprica Six. I only wonder if it was the flesh and blood Caprica Six or the one in his head.

Darth Caedus
12-17-2006, 11:41 AM
So who watched The Eye of Jupiter last night...AMAZING episode. Can't wait till Jan 21st to see the rest of the episode.....Does anyone else think that the 5 from the 13th tribe are the missing 5 cylon models we have never seen? it seems the writers always want to mention them....

Spartan Rex
12-17-2006, 12:00 PM
Love the show but not a fan of this Starbuck.
Shes a woman/child who happens to be a good flyer but not good enough
to put up with her erratic behavior. Not even that good looking imo.
Like Adama and Roslyn.
Baltar is lovably pathetic.
Cant believe Adama just dropped the traiterous actions of Athenas husband.
He deserved the airlock treatment for sabotaging the virus plan.

Batty
12-17-2006, 12:08 PM
The Eye of Jupiter was yet another great episode. I was wondering why Adama didn't just threaten to infect the Cylons with the virus instead of nuking the planet. It would have been a better bluff.

Btw, I was disappointed that the preview for the next episode was a bit of a spoiler.

Spartan Rex
12-17-2006, 12:15 PM
The Eye of Jupiter was yet another great episode. I was wondering why Adama didn't just threaten to infect the Cylons with the virus instead of nuking the planet. It would have been a better bluff.

Btw, I was disappointed that the preview for the next episode was a bit of a spoiler.

Yeah, just put into the ventilation system in the conference room when
the cylons came onboard. duh.
But then the series would be over.

Darth Caedus
01-22-2007, 09:48 AM
So who caught the newest episode last night? I thought the episode was great. I had a feeling that the eye of jupiter was going to be the nova of that planet's star. Right when D'anna say one of the final 5, I was SOOOOOOO hoping for a pan to see its face, but alas, nothing. Also means the end of Xena, I liked her :monkey2 :monkey2 It was also interesting how starbuck's picture matched the pattern of the nova of the eye.....getting interesting indeed....

Fubeca
01-22-2007, 10:29 AM
I haven't read anything on this thread but I just started getting into BSG and I love it!!! :chew

pixletwin
01-22-2007, 10:36 AM
I haven't read anything on this thread but I just started getting into BSG and I love it!!! :chew

Me too. My buddy and me just finished the 2.0 DVD set. This thread kills me but I have resisted the temptation to read, thank the gods.

Darth Waller
01-22-2007, 12:11 PM
I thought it was another great episode. I'm really looking forward to new episodes after that break.

KrisSolo
01-22-2007, 01:10 PM
Starbuck HAS to be one of the 5...

Batty
01-22-2007, 01:52 PM
I thought it was interesting that D'Anna apologized and said "I didn't know" when she saw the face of one of the 5. It's obviously someone she's interacted with. Someone she possibly tortured on New Caprica.

And poor Baltar...screwed again. :lol

Darth Caedus
01-22-2007, 02:03 PM
I thought it was interesting that D'Anna apologized and said "I didn't know" when she saw the face of one of the 5. It's obviously someone she's interacted with. Someone she possibly tortured on New Caprica.

And poor Baltar...screwed again. :lol

I noticed that about D'Anna, so someone she knew was one of the final 5. The only question that begs is: does that person know they are a cylon? Yea, I hate myself for saying this after everything he's done, Baltar is probably one of my favorite characters on the show; he's great as the cylon "god" pretty much...

DarkArtist81
01-22-2007, 04:47 PM
Great episode... Loved it and it made you think...

My theory... Baltar is 100% Cylon... It explains everything. And I think that on Galactica he will be tortured and executed... Leading to an almost Jesus like moment when he is resurrected and stronger for it, maybe even a changed man. For him, his entire reason for doing dastardly things was never out of malice or hate, but out of a desire to stay alive at all costs. Without that fear of death, he would be an entirely different person....

Perhaps that is when he discovers that he is indeed the Cylon God, or at least one of the final 5. One this is for sure, he will have a huge hand in the end of this saga... Whether it is stopping the Cylons once and for all or finding a way to ensure peace between the two races.

Either way I am certainly hooked and interested to see what happens to my favorite character on BSG... :rock

Darth Caedus
01-22-2007, 06:49 PM
I agree with you on why baltar does what he does, but I think he wants to be a cylon because to him, that will justify what he has done. If he ISN'T a cylon, then he will have to admit to himself about what he has done to humanity. But like Six said in the temple, D'Anna wasn't the chosen one, Baltar is, and he's going to help "someone" get to earth.

Darklord Dave
01-22-2007, 08:57 PM
But wasn't it Baltar's Six that said he was the chosen one? And she just says what he wants to hear. With all this build-up I'm thinking that Baltar CAN'T be a Cylon - everyone would be going "told ya!"

But I loved how Helo and Athena decided to get back Hera - it was shocking until I realized why they did it.

Now we have all our favorites back on Galactica - lots of story potential with Caprica 6 and Hera added to the mix.

Batty
01-22-2007, 09:53 PM
I really don't think Baltar is a Cylon...or if he is, we won't find out any time soon. It would ruin the whole mystique of the character, and he would be just another bad guy.

I think it would be interesting if Ellen turned out to be one of the 5.

gdb
01-23-2007, 04:03 AM
Due to TiVo conflicts, I had to wait 'til the late repeating Monday night. :monkey2

Wow! Except... I'm thinking we're going to be seeing little to no Cylon basestar scenes for awhile since, like the Darklord pointed out, everyone's back on Galactica plus they wrote off Xena's model.

Poor Baltar. Kinda saw it coming because he has never looked so Jesus like before the last two episodes. I'd love to pretend that if I was on Galactica I would be a Lee or a Bill or even a Hot Dog. But I would be a Baltar. He's the Larry David of sci-fi.

Doubt he's a Cylon, just cause his whole thing is that he's the human collaberator. But DA's theory is still pretty good. Remembering how Ronald Moore handled the last season of DS-9, I wouldn't put it past him.

But thinking of Ron's old series... he made Odo one of the Founders who were a lot like the mysterious final five. (If you think of the Jem Ha'dar as the Cylon grunts and the cloned Weyouns as the human Cylons.) Odo was a pretty important/popular character much like Starbuck. Yes... that sounds like something he'd do.

Ellen would be interesting. She would fit if they don't go for a major hero being one of the founding five.

DarkArtist81
01-23-2007, 04:08 AM
Yeah, I think you guys are right.... Baltar may or may not be a Cylon, but if he does end up being one... it would be a little too easy. Hope they don't kill him off or anything.... Wily bastard has to be able to squirm his way out of this hole he's dug himself into.

As for a Cylon that might be a main character.... You never know with Ron Moore.... One thing is for sure it will be shocking and piss people off at the same time... :lol

gdb
02-14-2007, 04:29 AM
I love when Caprica Six sees Baltar in her head.

Darth Caedus
02-14-2007, 02:36 PM
I love when Caprica Six sees Baltar in her head.

yea, that was interesting. And seeing baltar clean shaven is kind of weird after seeing him with a beard for so long. but I still think that they should have strip searched six before capturing her....

gdb
02-14-2007, 10:38 PM
...but I still think that they should have strip searched six before capturing her....

It is interesting that they didn't put her in an orange jump suit or something. They just locked her up in her evening wear.

Darklord Dave
02-14-2007, 11:39 PM
Caprica seeing Baltar in her head was brilliant!

And to get serious for a moment, I think all the BSG crew may be a bit sensitive to what happened to the 6 on Pegasus to even think about a "strip search."

Batty
02-19-2007, 12:33 AM
I love BSG, but the last two episodes were a bit boring. I hope we get back to the main story arc soon.

I read last week that BSG did get renewed for a fourth season. There also might be a direct to DVD movie released right after this season.

Darth Caedus
02-19-2007, 03:04 AM
I love BSG, but the last two episodes were a bit boring. I hope we get back to the main story arc soon.

I read last week that BSG did get renewed for a fourth season. There also might be a direct to DVD movie released right after this season.

I agree, while the last couple of episodes were good, the baltar story arc is this season's MAIN arc. And that has taken a back seat to adama's dead wife....which was weird. Hopefully, they will get back to lee defending baltar and the get back to the "one will find earth, one will be a cyclon, and one will die."

hairlesswookiee
02-19-2007, 04:15 AM
i have yet to watch last night's episode, but im gonna go out on a limb and say that Baltar is NOT a cylon. however i do feel that one of the main characters will turn out to be one. i feel that while people were on new caprica the cylons could've thrown a new model into the mix as a "spy" but it would be someone that they know would be high in the ranks and someone that would unquestionably be trusted. starbuck, maybe tigh??

Darklord Dave
02-19-2007, 12:05 PM
Maybe the Chief is a cylon? He got that funny feeling around the Eye and all... So that means we have another half-breed baby!

Darth Caedus
02-19-2007, 12:15 PM
Maybe the Chief is a cylon? He got that funny feeling around the Eye and all... So that means we have another half-breed baby!

I'm thinking that cally is a cylon. if you watched yesterday's episode, she was REALLY hurt. So I think that they are going to do some "tests" and she's going to turn up as a cylon. Then her and sharon can get together and do some hot cylon love....err, bond together.

hairlesswookiee
02-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Then her and sharon can get together and do some hot cylon love....err, bond together.
mmmm..... yummy.

DarkArtist81
02-19-2007, 05:45 PM
I'm interested to see what happens next.... Hopefully they get to the trial soon... This season is all about Baltar and finally facing what he has done. I hope that Lee can see the decent man beneath all of the self preservation and white lies.... :lol

Darth Caedus
02-19-2007, 07:48 PM
I'm interested to see what happens next.... Hopefully they get to the trial soon... This season is all about Baltar and finally facing what he has done. I hope that Lee can see the decent man beneath all of the self preservation and white lies.... :lol

That may seem easier said then done. I'm eager to see how it all pans out.

Batty
02-19-2007, 08:20 PM
Baltar is definitely my favorite character on the show. It'll be interesting to see what happens to him. I don't see how they can find him not guilty. But I think something is going to happen where they realize they need him alive.

DarkArtist81
02-20-2007, 05:57 PM
Baltar is definitely my favorite character on the show. It'll be interesting to see what happens to him. I don't see how they can find him not guilty. But I think something is going to happen where they realize they need him alive.

That's what I am thinking.... something HAS to happen... I was certain they would just toss him out an airlock and be done with him. I mean, he's pretty generally hated by everyone...

Still my favorite character though... so I don't want anything to happen to him. :lol

figuremaster_les
02-23-2007, 12:06 AM
Back to watching this. Still don't know what I am watching...
But, I am watching it. It's my hope that it will start making sense to me.

hairlesswookiee
02-23-2007, 12:10 AM
is there a new episode on this sunday??? i have a BSG widget that counts down until every new episode and there isn't one listed for this week yet.

Batty
02-23-2007, 12:47 AM
Yes, there is a new episode this Sunday.

Which widget are you using, hairless? I know there are two different ones. Mine works fine.

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/9402/capturedata7556053po7.png (http://imageshack.us)

hairlesswookiee
02-23-2007, 03:24 AM
Yes, there is a new episode this Sunday.

Which widget are you using, hairless? I know there are two different ones. Mine works fine.

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/9402/capturedata7556053po7.png (http://imageshack.us)
mine's different than that. where can i get my hands on that one???

gdb
02-23-2007, 03:40 PM

Yeah, like one of the final five stops the execution or something.

I liked the last two episodes but they were a definate change of pace from the rest of the season. They kind of had a "filler" aspect to them when compared to the high tension, forward momentum of the rest of the season.

And for the life of me, I don't know why they couldn't get some guys in space suits outside the Galactica to seal the breach from outside. :confused:

Batty
02-23-2007, 05:15 PM
And for the life of me, I don't know why they couldn't get some guys in space suits outside the Galactica to seal the breach from outside. :confused:
That would have been way too easy! :lol

Here's the link (http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/movie_tv/galacticacountdownwidget.html) for the countdown widget, HW. It's simple, but I like it.

Here's the other one (http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/movie_tv/galacticaa.html). Is this the one you use?

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/2819/capturedata78pi5.png (http://imageshack.us)

hairlesswookiee
02-23-2007, 06:20 PM
^^^yeah thats the one i had, but up until today they didnt have any epsisode listed for this weekend.

Darth Waller
02-27-2007, 08:06 AM
I saw this on the Comic Book Resources website.

From the New York Comic Con BSG panel:

"When questioned about the possibility of a new "BSG" movie, Adam immediately confirmed: “We are doing a Direct-to-DVD movie.” Later, he rescinded this statement. As of this moment, the movie is not "officially" in development, but Adam seemed pretty knowledgeable about the rumors.

Theoretically, it would flesh out some of the side stories that haven’t been the major focus of the weekly series. We're going to lean pretty heavily on this being one of those rare Internet rumors that actually comes true."

Darth Caedus
02-27-2007, 01:36 PM
just watched sunday's episode. it was nothing but great. Do you think adama would have thrown cally out the airlock? shouldn't the chief have been madder with adama for threatening just this? at least the preview for next week seems to get the ball rolling for the rest of the season. hope baltar's trial starts soon....

Batty
02-27-2007, 02:24 PM
I really enjoyed this weeks episode. I like how Tyrol is progressing as a character (he's been used a lot this season). And I loved the scene with Baltar when he reverted to his native accent.

I think Adama really would have had Cally shot. As a military man, he puts Galactica and the fleet before everything and everyone. I think he also knew Tyrol would back down.

hairlesswookiee
02-27-2007, 02:55 PM
I really enjoyed this weeks episode. I like how Tyrol is progressing as a character (he's been used a lot this season). And I loved the scene with Baltar when he reverted to his native accent.

I think Adama really would have had Cally shot. As a military man, he puts Galactica and the fleet before everything and everyone. I think he also knew Tyrol would back down.
yes i agree batty!!! i liked how they used him for this episode a LOT. before this season he was a dedicated "knuckle-dragger" but with the resistance and this episode it shows how his character is developing into someone that has something else to live for other than the service. i also think Adama would've had Cally shot because he's old school and will put the fleet before any chance of Mutiny that would put them into immediate danger.

hairlesswookiee
03-02-2007, 04:38 AM
there's a new BSG quiz on the scifi network website. test your knowledge of the show. i averaged 8-9 until i got to the Hard one which i only got 5 on. i haven't watched all the season 3 episodes yet so i think i need to now.
http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/about/quiz/

Darklord Dave
03-03-2007, 01:19 AM
So who's the Cylon?

I was discussing this with some friends I'm almost convinced it's Kara.

1) The other Cylons don't know what the remaining 5 look like.
2) Lucy Lawless "apologized" to one of the final five right before she "died."
3) Kara couldn't conceive with a cylon after 6 months of trying.
4) That's a good reason for Lucy to apologize.

I don't know of any other regular that fits as well.

DouglasMcc
03-03-2007, 02:21 AM
So who's the Cylon?

I was discussing this with some friends I'm almost convinced it's Kara.

1) The other Cylons don't know what the remaining 5 look like.
2) Lucy Lawless "apologized" to one of the final five right before she "died."
3) Kara couldn't conceive with a cylon after 6 months of trying.
4) That's a good reason for Lucy to apologize.

I don't know of any other regular that fits as well.

The one area of that theory that is a little iffy deals with Kara's time on the planet in the baby incubator hospital. Its true the Cylons don't know what the final 5 look like. However, its already been established that Cylon blood is different than human blood (the difference in the baby's blood saved the President, the overall difference is the reason the Humans weren't infected by the 13th colony's beacon). I just cannot believe those Cylons wouldn't have been able to do basic tests on her body and blood (she was extensively operated upon) and determine whether she was a human.

While all of that makes sense ... I just think its too clean cut and obvious. Battlestar has always done a great job of throwing us curve balls and I think this may be one of them. The episode describes how the focus is on Kara's relationship with her mother as a child. What if Kara's mother was the Cylon and she was the first attempt at a hybrid baby? Who knows :D I guess we will all find out in 48 hours.

P.S. This is the part that has always confused me about Battlestar. Cylons are machines. What does that make 1-13 (human Cylons)? If they are cyborgs, how come an X-ray test or basic exploratory surgery wouldn't reveal this? If their bodies are completely organic ... well, is it even logical to still call them machines?

Darklord Dave
03-04-2007, 04:30 PM
Good point about the hospital. However it would be very ironic that the human they've spent the most time and effort trying to knock up is a Cylon.

They really haven't explored the differences between the 12 and humans. Baltar developed a test, but it seems it's very difficult to tell. But I gather the bodies are organic, but don't grow like a human. That plus the fact that their minds can be downloaded makes them "other."

Batty
03-04-2007, 09:11 PM
So, that was very interesting! Any guesses as to what really happened to Kara?

DarkArtist81
03-04-2007, 09:13 PM
I really think Kara is a Cylon.... She's dead and another episode will have her resurrected and start her great destiny.

Makes sense after watching that episode.... Having to face death and everything. Besides, I cannot imagine BSG without her... So they have to make it work. And my fiance cried enough... she would die if Starbuck was gone forever.

One of Nine
03-04-2007, 09:15 PM
I am convinced now that she is one of the final five.

DarkArtist81
03-04-2007, 09:16 PM
I am convinced now that she is one of the final five.

Same here...

DouglasMcc
03-04-2007, 09:18 PM
Well, I accept that she is one of the final 5 now. Either that or Sackoff asked for a raise :monkey3

Sorry, but that has to be leading somewhere. Because, otherwise, that was the most pointless death in the history of television ... well, for a main character at least. Would have been much more dramatic if it was to save Lee's life or holding off some Cylons 300-style. Now, it just seems ... hey, lets make her a Cylon .. we have to kill her off fast cause we only got 13 episodes next year. Boom!

Well, supposedly, Starbucks character is not in anymore episodes this year (3 left). So, unless, she pops up at the end of the season finale, we are going to have to wait 6 or so months to find out ... sigh.

Serpentor
03-04-2007, 09:20 PM
That episode was interesting. It seems that Kara will be one of the final 5 or will somehow have survived that explosion. Either way it would be wired to have Battlestar without her. looking foward to where this goes.

DarkArtist81
03-04-2007, 09:21 PM
I think that they will milk it until the season finale and have her in the goo tub at the end.... final shocker to send us into a fury right at the end.

Batty
03-04-2007, 09:25 PM
I really think Kara is a Cylon.... She's dead and another episode will have her resurrected and start her great destiny.

Makes sense after watching that episode.... Having to face death and everything. Besides, I cannot imagine BSG without her... So they have to make it work. And my fiance cried enough... she would die if Starbuck was gone forever.
It's looking more and more like that... I'm just not 100% sure. I know she can't be gone forever. And do Cylons have false memories like Replicants? If she is one, how would she have memories of being a child?

Serpentor
03-04-2007, 09:28 PM
It's looking more and more like that... I'm just not 100% sure. I know she can't be gone forever. And do Cylons have false memories like Replicants? If she is one, how would she have memories of being a child?

I think they do have false memoires. Sharon has memoires of her life on Caprica from what I recall.

DouglasMcc
03-04-2007, 09:29 PM

And, its not just her memories. Haven't Lee and Admiral Adama know Kara since she was a child? It was my understanding that Cylons don't age. So, unless the final 5 models are different, it just doesn't seem as likely. However, I am willing to wait and see where they take us.

DarkArtist81
03-04-2007, 09:31 PM
No, Lee and Adama have only known Kara since flight school... at least that is how I remember it. They met her through Zak.

And yes the Cylons have false memories. :D

Serpentor
03-04-2007, 09:41 PM
This show just keeps on getting better.

tomandshell
03-04-2007, 09:43 PM
Add this, along with Buffy, to the list of shows that I have not watched even once.

But Season One of BSG is coming out in Hi Def this year and so I will probably buy it and check it out.

Batty
03-04-2007, 09:51 PM
I think we will find out who one of the final five is in the finale. It probably is Starbuck.

And Season 4 won't start until January '08! :monkey4

Add this, along with Buffy, to the list of shows that I have not watched even once.

But Season One of BSG is coming out in Hi Def this year and so I will probably buy it and check it out.
Please do, Tom. It really is one of the best shows on. I place it even higher than Lost or Heroes.

DouglasMcc
03-04-2007, 09:52 PM
“[Series mastermind Ronald D.] Moore adds that after the March 4 episode airs, the name of a major cast member will disappear from the show’s opening credits. They won’t say whether Sackhoff’s name is the one that goes missing. But they do make clear that what happens to Starbuck points the way to a major shift in the show’s direction. ‘It’s a fundamental and permanent change in the makeup of the show’s cast and of the show itself and how the show operates and what the show is about. It’s a very dramatic change of direction,’ Moore says.”

Okay, that seems to imply "Kara" died. If she somehow survive the explosion, that wouldn't be a "permanent" change in the cast. However, if Kara changed sides as a Cylon, his statements would make sense.

Serpentor
03-04-2007, 10:21 PM
it will suck if she's off the show permanetly. Hopefully she'll be a cylon and will re-appear. Or someone else will die and be removed.

Darth Caedus
03-05-2007, 12:12 AM
it will suck if she's off the show permanetly. Hopefully she'll be a cylon and will re-appear. Or someone else will die and be removed.

I think it's a fair statement to assume that kara will show up on a resurrection ship after her "death" (if you believe in the starbuck=cylon)

gdb
03-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Oh my god! They killed Starbuck!?!?!?!

Yeah, so if she isn't a cylon this is an elaborate way to make us think she isn't really dead for some reason.

Oh hey, did anyone else think the cylon speaking to Starbuck was the black smoke monster from Lost or was that just me?

hairlesswookiee
03-05-2007, 04:03 PM
where did you hear this??? i've been holding off buying season 2.5 and if it comes out in HD DVD i might just buy that instead.

~~also, i would like to make note that if Starbuck does turn out to be a Cylon that I predicted it last season after she left the farm. my GF and i argued about it for almost 30 minutes.

gdb
03-05-2007, 08:20 PM
~~also, i would like to make note that if Starbuck does turn out to be a Cylon that I predicted it last season after she left the farm. my GF and i argued about it for almost 30 minutes.

What clued you in back then, hairlesswookiee?

Darth Caedus
03-12-2007, 09:47 AM
Great episode last night. Nothing TOO exciting, just setting up baltar's trial, which better be just amazing. I can't see how it isn't going to be amazing, can't wait for that. Question to all of you, my Tivo cut out the last like 15 seconds. When baltar was reading the letter from his lawyer did it say that the lawyer manipulated apollo into taking his place? that's what it sounded like, but I didn't hear the end.

hairlesswookiee
03-12-2007, 08:58 PM
What clued you in back then, hairlesswookiee?
i just thought it was really strange that she escaped the Farm, but the cylons still wanted her to believe she had a daughter on new caprica and the cylon (can't remember his name) wanted her to love him and have a family.

Rook
03-12-2007, 09:09 PM
I'm gonna have to watch last night's episode again. :confused: Stupid beer.

hairlesswookiee
03-13-2007, 11:38 AM
I'm gonna have to watch last night's episode again. :confused: Stupid beer.
did you have the goggle effect going on ???

gdb
03-14-2007, 01:51 AM
Great episode last night. Nothing TOO exciting, just setting up baltar's trial, which better be just amazing. I can't see how it isn't going to be amazing, can't wait for that. Question to all of you, my Tivo cut out the last like 15 seconds. When baltar was reading the letter from his lawyer did it say that the lawyer manipulated apollo into taking his place? that's what it sounded like, but I didn't hear the end.

"There's no greater alley, no force more powerful, no enemy more resolved than a son who chooses to step from his father's shadow -- Romo Lampkin."

Okay, I had to IMDB the guy to figure out the name at the end but that's the lawyer's.

hairlesswookiee
03-14-2007, 04:31 PM
^^^yeah that line got me fired up. reminds me of the mini series when the Adama's were butting heads from the start. i'm dying to see lee during the trial.

gdb
03-14-2007, 06:49 PM
Yeah, the next two are gonna be good! And I feel a hell of a cliff hanger coming on.

Batty
03-14-2007, 06:53 PM
I can't wait for the Six/Tigh fight in the next episode!

gdb
03-14-2007, 06:56 PM
I can't wait for the Six/Tigh fight in the next episode!

[plugs ears and covers eyes.]

Damnit, I turn away before the teasers for a reason! :lol :lol

Batty
03-14-2007, 07:32 PM
[plugs ears and covers eyes.]

Damnit, I turn away before the teasers for a reason! :lol :lol
Sorry about that! :lol

Darth Caedus
03-15-2007, 03:09 PM
Sorry about that! :lol

You sir, are fired....I'm only hoping that during the fight, Six's clothes just happen to come off.....that would be a REAL shame :monkey5 :monkey5

Batty
03-15-2007, 04:23 PM
You sir, are fired....I'm only hoping that during the fight, Six's clothes just happen to come off.....that would be a REAL shame :monkey5 :monkey5
Actually, Tigh's clothes come off... Oops! I let the cat out of the bag again. Sorry! :monkey4

Darth Caedus
03-15-2007, 06:27 PM
Actually, Tigh's clothes come off... Oops! I let the cat out of the bag again. Sorry! :monkey4

My eyes are going to end up like your avatar's eyes...poping out of my head...:monkey1 :monkey1

gdb
03-15-2007, 06:47 PM

[plugs ears and starts singing.] :rotfl :rotfl