Gentle Giant Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Loki

Super Freak
Reaction score
I don't have anything by GG but there are a few pieces that I'm very interested in. Can anyone give me any info on the Scout Trooper(Speeder Bike), Luke on Tauntaun, and Chewie pieces. How do they look in relation to price and other pieces?

I saw these at SDCC. They looked cool IMO. I personally have Darth Vader and I really like that one. They are very nice in quality, detail, and paint IMO. Price wise they about what most of the SSW statues cost as a whole and about the same size as most of those.

Smokin pricing for the GG pieces and great quality as well. The Chewie is spot on and very detailed. I am collecting the entier statue and diorama lines as my main SW collection.

I am totally psyched for the Rancor and the Royal guard the most!

Jesse

You'll need to understand that the scout trooper, sandtrooper on dewback, Luke on Tauntaun, and etc. for the "diorama" line are approx 1/10th scale, not 1/6th. However, quality is excellent. I have both of the troopers, and wouldn't let them go. I love the hovering bike effect as well.

Chewie, Vader, C3PO, etc. for the the figures/statues are 1/6th and are of comparable quality to Sideshow*Weta LOTR IMO. I recommend them highly as well. :peace

I had the Darth Vader, sold it so I could buy an Easterling statue. I really liked it, and was very impressed by the quality and workmanship.

I have the Chewbacca, c-3po, and darth vader and they are all really great for the price and the detail.

I have the Speederbike statue/diorama and think it's great. Considering the fact that you can get it for a really great price if you look around, I would recommend it. I recently added the Dewback to my collection as well, and look forward to adding more GG items to my collection this year. I have a few busts also, but the statues and dioramas GG are putting out are really great.

I ordered the speederbike, and am really tempted to get the Tauntaun and Chewie. God I hope I get a ton of money back for my taxes!

The chewie is great and for around $100 you cant go wrong!

The Tauntaun is due out in March so you wont have to wait to much longer for it.

Jesse

I cant believe no one has warned you that Chewie Stinks. I mean it actually smells like industrial glue or something it needs to air out for at least a couple days before it goes away. As said above the Speeder Bike, Luke on Tauntaun, probably the new Rancor are all a smaller scale. The people are about the size of a 7 inch figure.

jimmyjamesf said:
I cant believe no one has warned you that Chewie Stinks. I mean it actually smells like industrial glue or something it needs to air out for at least a couple days before it goes away. As said above the Speeder Bike, Luke on Tauntaun, probably the new Rancor are all a smaller scale. The people are about the size of a 7 inch figure.

Bob not sure that's exactly how you wanna sell a product. :wacky

Originally posted by THE GODFATHER
I cant believe no one has warned you that Chewie Stinks. I mean it actually smells like industrial glue or something it needs to air out for at least a couple days before it goes away.

Yes I've smelled that thing, reminds me of Jesseawilson last year at the Comic-Con. God I had to leave that table. Might of been his cologne called Rancor A$$, always a jewish favorite. Or that other popular one in Arizona called Essence of Chewie. Very few folks stayed to chat with him. I hope he airs out a few days before flying to San Diego this time around. :sick

Last edited:
Bob, I actually ordered the Speeder bike, and Maul(pre-order) from you. And I'm also going to get Luke on the Tauntaun in a few weeks.

So does anyone else have anything bad to say about the Chewie before I go and get one. Also still looking for another place to get good pricing on GG, besides Fireside of coulse.

Well there is always Ebay for a few bux savings. Personally I would rather spend a few more dollars and have the piece of mind that you get from ordering from a respected dealer.

Jesse

I am only collecting the Clone Wars maquettes from GG for now and soon the OT maquettes. I do have an order for the Internatinal Maul and most likely will be getting that Obi in clonetrooper armor to go with him.

Besides that I will be interested in what the LOTR maquettes have to offer but somehow I see myself collecting them as well. I have a feeling they will be awesome.

I do have a NO BUST policy for GG. That is a hobby all on it's own and I gotta budget accordingly.

So far, I have gotten the Chewie, Threepio, Vader, Dewback, and Speederbike from Gentle Giant. Chewie looks great, especially with C-3PO strapped to his back, and I think the Vader is really nice too. The Speederbike looks excellent, but Michael Crawford pointed out a scale issue in one of his reviews, and I hadn't noticed until I read the review, and now it sticks out, but doesn't detract from how cool this looks, just has a little crazy making factor to it, much like people and 1/4 Darth Vader helmet issues!
You can read the review over here!

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_122105a.htm

Since Bob doesn't have the Chewie, anyone know where I might be able to find one cheap, besides eBay.

Back