how does wonder woman FLY?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uscmbuzz

Super Freak
Reaction score
I do appologize for just not knowing.. but recently I rented the new "Justice League Crisis on 2 Earths".. I watched it with my uncle who is 72.. he really enjoyed the show and at the end they show Wonder Womans Invisible Jet and Flash Asks "why do you need to keep the jet when you can fly?" So then my Uncle asks me so when did Wonder Woman Start Flying?.. well I just dont know...

I know she used the inviso jet in the superfriends cartoon show.. so somewhere between the 80s and now she started flying.. can someone shed some light on this..thanks..:banghead

I do appologize for just not knowing.. but recently I rented the new "Justice League Crisis on 2 Earths".. I watched it with my uncle who is 72.. he really enjoyed the show and at the end they show Wonder Womans Invisible Jet and Flash Asks "why do you need to keep the jet when you can fly?" So then my Uncle asks me so when did Wonder Woman Start Flying?.. well I just dont know...

I know she used the inviso jet in the superfriends cartoon show.. so somewhere between the 80s and now she started flying.. can someone shed some light on this..thanks..:banghead

I'm out of my realm here, but I was intrigued by your question too. I didn't know the answer off of the top of my head but according to the DC Encyclopedia, she was granted the power from one of the six Olympian Gods. (i.e. Hermes.) This all took place post Crisis, according to the literature though.

Flash Asks "why do you need to keep the jet when you can fly?" So then my Uncle asks me so when did Wonder Woman Start Flying?.. well I just dont know...

I'm guessing manual flying can get pretty tiring so sometimes you need to use the jet.

Here's some info on Wonder Woman's ability to fly on her own...

Hermes, the messenger god of speed, granted Diana superhuman speed and the ability to fly. Through the act of concentration, Diana can mystically defy the laws of gravity and propel herself through the air to achieve flight. She is capable of flying at speeds approaching half the speed of light.<SUP> </SUP>She is swift enough to deflect bullets, lasers, and other projectiles with her virtually impenetrable bracelets. Her brain can process the information while traveling at superspeed at an incredibly fast rate.

From back in the day if I remember correctly, all amazons were taught to glide on the wind currents, but she was given the power of flight by Hermes (not to be confused with the silk scarves)

They look like they can fly.

wonder-woman1.jpg

I prefer it when wonder woman runs around like a baywatch babe back in the good old days :drool

Back