GG SDCC Exlcusive is.....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK........may aswell ask early....anyone going to SDCC that doesn't collect GG bust could they pick me up the shocktrooper bust if possible?

Aren't these pieces done in a lottery... IF your number is picked you get a chance to buy one?

I did score a SDCC Luke Stormtrooper bust a couple of years back... it took me all weekend to get one and I got it on the LAST DAY OF THE CON!!!

I wonder when Sideshow will be announcing their Con exclusives....:confused:

I just wish every company would handle sdcc exclusives like sideshow & give the collectors unablr to attend a chance of obtaining the exclusive

Sideshow offered only 10% of the run to the non-attendees. If the run is a couple of a thousand that is only a 100 or so available to those not going. In the collecting world of Star Wars, I don't think many would stand a chance at getting them that way.

Didn't the non-attendee Luke PF last only a couple of minutes last year?

Protozaius said:

Not even that! I was trying to get one, sitting by the PC and refreshing the page, and by the time he went up and I got the page to load, he was already sold out. The time that he was to go up for sale was publicized, and the site was stormed. Imagine a Priority Preorder for 50 pieces! In the end, I decided to go ahead and make the drive down to SDCC for the day, and I picked one up there. I'm sure glad I did! It will be even better to go and stay for a few days this year.

pitchin said:
I just wish every company would handle sdcc exclusives like sideshow & give the collectors unablr to attend a chance of obtaining the exclusive

They'll most likely be available via another outlet. I got 2 of the CIII Sandtroopers and 2 of the Art of Star Wars Ep. II C-3PO's, and those were the last 2 convention busts.

GG will put some on their site for the Collector's Club or give them to SWShop, IMO.

Darn, I was hoping for the translucent Nearly Headless Nick. But thankfully I won't have to stand in those horrible GG lines.

Darklord Dave said:
Darn, I was hoping for the translucent Nearly Headless Nick. But thankfully I won't have to stand in those horrible GG lines.

I agree. I would have picked up the ghostly Nick, as I don't care for the repainted version. The Death Eaters I can skip, as well as the Shock Trooper bust. I have absolutely no interest in the Bust Ups--I would just get those for the Chicken McNuggets they come packaged with.

Thanks for the relief on my wallet, GG!

No GG last year at SDCC had the their item right at the front counter ready to buy. Thats what I did.

Are a lot of us Sideshow Freaks going to SDCC this year? I've never gone but will make the trek for whatever 1/6 Star Wars exclusive there is.

Protozaius said:
Sideshow offered only 10% of the run to the non-attendees. If the run is a couple of a thousand that is only a 100 or so available to those not going. In the collecting world of Star Wars, I don't think many would stand a chance at getting them that way.

I did not attend SDCC last year and had no problem ordering the EXC luke
and my friend got a reponse to the waitlist and was told there were a few left over after the con for orders from people who did not attend but ordered anyhow.

jlcmsu said:
No GG last year at SDCC had the their item right at the front counter ready to buy. Thats what I did.

But last years' exclusives weren't in much demand. They had an early edition Han Solo (most people were willing to wait and get one cheaper); an early edition Sirius Black (that wasn't even ready yet, but it did have a slightly different paint job than the later releases); and a silver Jango Fett Bust-Up.

If they do a pre-order system like Sideshow, a lot of people won't be able to pick up extras to help out those who can't attend. They should probably do the same thing they did at Celebration III, allow you to buy more than one, but you had to go to the back of the line again to get another ticket.

I am going to SDCC this year and I am so going to get my GG exclusive. It is my first time so hopefully it won't take all day to get it. Josh, you said they were ready to go, but how long did it take you?

JohnyBoo said:
I am going to SDCC this year and I am so going to get my GG exclusive. It is my first time so hopefully it won't take all day to get it. Josh, you said they were ready to go, but how long did it take you?

Your going? SWEET!!! Looking forward to meeting ya JB. Actually, not long at all to get the stuff from GG that I wanted. Rumi was with me and we got through in like 5 mins tops. This year could be a little longer with the Shocktrooper bust but if you get there fairly early Thurs or Friday you should be ok.

Back