• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Obi-wan PF's saber isn't glowing- NEED HELP!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSC EX Hunter

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey I'm freaking out! LOL. Recently I've been getting set to move, and I have suffered a casualty. My Obi-Wan PF's saber. I was trying to straighten it out, and i moved it to the left (my left looking at the figure), and all of a sudden the blade stopped glowing. I pulled the saber out to see if the pin had suffered any damage, but it's still there. The hilt and the saber feel a bit loose when i wiggle it around. I don't know what to do. Do i buy a new saber(top of hilt +blade) for it or what? and how do i find one? Can somebody please help me?:emperor

I forgot to add earlier that if anyone has had such an experience it would be appreciated. ALso if you know of this problem and the only solution is to buy a new blade, then i would be happy to buy one for a generous price

I just took mine out of the box to have a look at how it worked for you and discovered mine wasn't working. Tried new batteries, tried re-inserting the sabre, putting the statue on the base several times.
I then removed the batteries and cleaned the contacts. Put the sabre in (there is a notch on one side that lines up on Obi Wan's hand so line those up) and pushed the statue hard down into the base and it works now...I know all that sounds really obvious to check but I had just about given up. It hadn't been out of the box for about 2 years maybe something wasn't right.
I do know from experience that the sabres are fragile. I got a twitchy one with my Anakin PF and it took 4 replacements from sideshow to get one that didn't get damaged in the mail. They all had damage similar to what is sounds like you have done to yours - bent sabre. If the sabre gets bent it seems like the light is very easily broken. If you know an electircian they may be able to test whether there is still a working contact on the end of the connector. They may even be able to hook it up to something that can power the the sabre independent of the statue and check the light-up.
Good luck with it, but your chances of getting another separate sabre are probably slim. Try Sideshow they just might have a spare one for you...

Thank you so much man! I will try everything I can but i have a feeling that it's just that the saber may be broken :( in that case I may have to just rely on the kindness of others or sideshow. I will try everything I can, and once again thank you, any and all help is appreciated:maul

It turns out that I need a new saber :( If anybody here has one that they are willing to part with I know for sure I can make you a more than generous offer for it. If you can help me out send me a PM and we can negotiate.

I have come to the point where I would be willing to buy a new saber for the Obi-Wan PF, in working order,for around $50-$75 send me a PM to negotiate a price

i am at the point where I will buy a saber even if it has been used/loose that is in good working order. Please name your price send me a PM, with your demands and I will comply with them. I need your help guys :gun

Back