Doom... "They don't call me the most dangerous man alive for nothing."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NSFolsom

I Ain't Fraid Of No Ghost
Reaction score
Oh boy! A Premium Format virgin am I, no longer. Yesterday I received both the SSC Exclusive X-Men Diorama and Doctor Doom.

These pieces are AMAZING! Pablo and the rest of the Gore Group did an exceptional job with these.

So, anyway here are some pics of Doom...

imag00269vt.jpg

imag00288mi.jpg

imag00312bt.jpg

imag00296oh.jpg

imag00392gr.jpg

imag00217dm.jpg

imag00342ko.jpg

imag00461sa.jpg

Yes, that Doom's Luger from his holster...

Last edited:
I just wish Doom came out of his throne. You know he had to be designed that way since he's sitting on his tunic and cloak. It would be easier to get to the gun too.

Those pics make the exclusive seem really mandatory now. Lay his gun there on the pedestal, and the angle of his head makes it look like he is looking down and deciding whether to have something to drink or grab his gun and shoot somebody. Looks like a great piece, folsom!

Very impressive! I like the small details like the impressions on the arm rest from his elbows. Great job by the SSC artists.

Now lets see the Emperor sitting on his throne.

ooh! sweet pics! i gotta get his gun out. this dang hood is so tricky to get looking decent, maybe SS or the board here should hold a contest on who can get Doom's hood to look the best!! mine looks okay, but it keeps reminding me of the Spectre lol.

dsc000417op.jpg

dsc000481am.jpg

dsc000466dz.jpg

dsc000470co.jpg

dsc000441al.jpg

dsc000332on.jpg

damn! i got his hood lookin better than before but now the photos suck. i hate my wife's camera...

Last edited:
I can see you Mookey. :D

Great pics guys, and congrats on the awesome pick-up. So glad I grabbed one of these, my favourite piece - fantastic job Pablo & Sideshow. I was trying to get at the gun and holster but it's really tight in there and I got worried I might break something. Folsom's pics have made me even more desperate to get at that gun now! :bow

Here's a couple of pics showing how I have set up Doom's hood....for now:

DoomPortrait.jpg

DoomDetail.jpg

Good job with the hood, Mookey! Spectre-Schmecter, it looks good!

ResinDog said:
I can see you Mookey. :D

Great pics guys, and congrats on the awesome pick-up. So glad I grabbed one of these, my favourite piece - fantastic job Pablo & Sideshow. I was trying to get at the gun and holster but it's really tight in there and I got worried I might break something. Folsom's pics have made me even more desperate to get at that gun now! :bow

Here's a couple of pics showing how I have set up Doom's hood....for now:

Very nice pics, Resin Dog! Are you using a digital SLR? What make and model is it? very nice! Nice use of a neutral background too. In my home, light is a bit of a commodity as I don't have many lamps so I used the natural light coming through the blinds.

About that gun, once I got it out and wanted to put it back in, (Yes, I put it back...), it didn't want to get in there between Doom's arm and the throne. I was worried for a second until I turned the gun the right way and it more or less slid back in to the holster. I carefully pushed down the flap of the holster and gently, I think, pushed the pin back in to the holster, securing the gun. I'm just really glad I didn't wreck any part of the figure, making it a non-mint piece.

Last edited:
jlcmsu said:
Doom is pretty sweet looking I admit. Might have to get him.
I agreee. I put myself on the waitlist for the exclusvie this morning. Hopefully it will go through.
All though I could get him cheaper through a retailer since I can live without the chalice.

Awesome looking statue. Makes me wish I cared about the Fantastic 4... Beautiful....

I think that's the best hood positioning we've seen yet. I'm going to have to do that with mine.

Darklord Dave said:
I just wish Doom came out of his throne. You know he had to be designed that way since he's sitting on his tunic and cloak. It would be easier to get to the gun too.

WTF!!! You mean Doom has a GUN hidden in there somewhere? :google

Seriously - I got my Doom, slapped him up on the shelf and that was it.
I had not a single clue that he's got a Luger stashed in there!

Frikkin' amazing. Wonder what else I've overlooked on things! :banghead :doh

JS :eek: :wave

tomandshell said:
Those pics make the exclusive seem really mandatory now. Lay his gun there on the pedestal, and the angle of his head makes it look like he is looking down and deciding whether to have something to drink or grab his gun and shoot somebody. Looks like a great piece, folsom!

Very witty perspective !!

I was wondering where you got the luger from..I could feel the gun through the holster but i never had the guts to fish it out..=)

Here is how i fixed my hood...

2-18-06DOOMhood002.jpg

I prefer a slight overhang over the head like the Jedis...kinda makes him look Darker and meaner..=)

2-18-06DOOMhood001.jpg

I also rounded the top and let the sides have a droop...so it lays naturally down...almost like my bowen doom..=)...

His whole face is covered in shadow....just perfect.

excellent work sideshow this is your best ever..:joy

Now I see the gun on the pedestal I almost regret cancelling mine, he looks awesome. I just don't fancy the character and with so much coming out I need to make choices....

nice pics everyone!
ok i need some input. been changing Doom's hood around and i'm not sure which one i like the best. the "Spectre" look's cool. i know some artist have portrayed him w/ a widow's peak before but it must not've been many. did a search and found VERY few pics w/ a widow's peak, so i tried other looks.

#1. Spectre type widows peak as previously in this thread but tweaked the sides to not look so straight/stiff.

dsc000550za.jpg

#2. rounded top w/ no peak at all. going for a bit of a jedi look.

dsc000790id.jpg

#3. upward peak toward the side (tried an upward peak in the very center but didn't look that good). subtle curve to almost cover his left eye.

dsc000656ao.jpg

#4. and the last. a bit of a curve towards the opposite side but i also tried to make the fabric lay farther down his chest, like gravity was pulling it at that angle.

dsc000849ej.jpg

i tried to make the hood look as close to pics as i could but the hood opening is just too large. most pics portray him like this (or close to it)...

drdoom4on.jpg

but there's no way u can get the sides of his hood that close to his face (short of cutting out wire and fabric which i'm NOT doing. could end up making the back or sides of the hood look weird). the opening's just too big.

anyway, i like the #1 (Spectre) and #4 (gravity) looks the best. gimme some feedback please.

Back