Medi Dark Knight $66 at Hobby Link Japan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plutonic

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi, all.

HLJ.com has the Medicom DK figure for just 66 bucks:

https://www.hlj.com/product/MEDRAH-424

This is an awesome figure by any measure. If you've thought about picking one up, now might be a good time.

(And no, I don't work for HLJ--in spite of the fact that I chose this to be my first post!)

I don't pay much attention to the Medicom figures usually, but after looking at this, he looks better than the first Hot Toys release, anyway:

https://www.eddiewong.net/2009/05/05/medicom-dark-knight-vs-hot-toys-dark-knight/

Still gonna hold out for the HT DX version, though. More expensive and a leaky torso, but the Medi paint apps and quality don't match up.

I'm sure the Medi version is still well worth that price, though.

Darn it.. Spent my money on something else! :( I hope this clearance lasts a few more weeks.
Thanks, plutonic, for the heads up! :rock

Hi, all.

HLJ.com has the Medicom DK figure for just 66 bucks:

https://www.hlj.com/product/MEDRAH-424

This is an awesome figure by any measure. If you've thought about picking one up, now might be a good time.

(And no, I don't work for HLJ--in spite of the fact that I chose this to be my first post!)

Thanks for the heads up and just ordered one already.

batman717

i think i'm going to order me my second medi dk. sick of searching for those hands, plus i get some accesoirces, plus i can mod it to the max without fear to destroy my lovely fig :D

so thanks plutonic :)

Hey folks,

I've always had a soft sport for the Medi TDK fig. I much preferred it to the HT first attempt. At this price I might make a purchase? I've got the DX but I'd still like the medi effort.

Has anyone had dealings with HLJ before? I tempted at pulling the trigger but if I get stung by Import duties etc it won't be worth it.

Thanks.
Paul

Hey folks,

I've always had a soft sport for the Medi TDK fig. I much preferred it to the HT first attempt. At this price I might make a purchase? I've got the DX but I'd still like the medi effort.

Has anyone had dealings with HLJ before? I tempted at pulling the trigger but if I get stung by Import duties etc it won't be worth it.

Thanks.
Paul

I have to say,ordering from HLJ is the only thing thats ever got me any import fees.

Hey folks,

Thanks.
Paul

Paul,

I live in Canada, so bear that in mind, but here's the rundown on my last order from HLJ:

The package was marked as "merchandise" with a value of 13,000 Yen. I paid $0 duty, $0 excise tax, $8 GST (Canada's national tax), $10 PST (provinicial tax), and an $8 "handling fee" from Canada Post. (This is on top of whatever I paid for shipping, I think it was about $30.)

The package (two 12" figures) arrived very quickly with nothing broken.

I'd rank HLJ about equally with BBTS in almost every category, except that BBTS has a more user-friendly website.

Hope that helps!

Paul,

I live in Canada, so bear that in mind, but here's the rundown on my last order from HLJ:

The package was marked as "merchandise" with a value of 13,000 Yen. I paid $0 duty, $0 excise tax, $8 GST (Canada's national tax), $10 PST (provinicial tax), and an $8 "handling fee" from Canada Post. (This is on top of whatever I paid for shipping, I think it was about $30.)

The package (two 12" figures) arrived very quickly with nothing broken.

I'd rank HLJ about equally with BBTS in almost every category, except that BBTS has a more user-friendly website.

Hope that helps!

Did that $30 for shipping include the 2nd fig?

Did that $30 for shipping include the 2nd fig?

I just checked my invoice--It was actually $36, for two Takara CG figures. The CG figures come in slightly smaller boxes than the Medicom ones.

I just checked my invoice--It was actually $36, for two Takara CG figures. The CG figures come in slightly smaller boxes than the Medicom ones.

P.S. I should mention I shipped via EMS, which is quite a bit more expensive than the other options.

Does anyone who has the Takara Batman Begins figure also own the Medicom Dark Knight figure? I was wondering how they compared in scale and quality to each other.

Thanks for the link, I couldnt resist at that price. Just curious though, having never ordered from here before, do you finalise the payment when you recieve the confirmtion e-mail? Or have I screwed up somewhere. Quite possible with me. Any help would be great

Thanks for the link, I couldnt resist at that price. Just curious though, having never ordered from here before, do you finalise the payment when you recieve the confirmtion e-mail? Or have I screwed up somewhere. Quite possible with me. Any help would be great

A payment request will come after the confirmation email.

For me, the payment request has usually arrived within one business day, but they might be a bit backed up due to the spring sale.

Back