Fantacular Chat March 17th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzzylojiks

Super Freak
Reaction score
Here's what I managed to gather from the chatroom. Sorry if I missed any & please chime in with anything I've missed (including most of the questions) and I'll add it.

Previous Info from Ask Sideshow: https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72075

Spidey

Brant any idea when we will see a sneak of the upcoming Spidey comiquette?

Spidey comiquette is in the prototype stage now (sculpture finished), so it won't be too long before you see it completed. We'll try and give you a peek asap.

Daredevil
Is there a Daredevil Comiquette coming to accompany Bullseye and Elektra?
yes, Daredevil is in progress, although I'll need to get clear if it's the PF or Comiquette sculpture coming first (I've just recently seen images of the base sculpture).

Yes, both PF and Comiquette Daredevil are in the works.

Hulk

Will Olivetti's upcoming Hulk be a PF or comiquette and what size?

Can I have a hulk PF in a tuxedo delivered to me?
'Hulk smash tux! Hulk no like tux!'

Olivetti Hulk is HUGE, although I'll have to go check to see which exact scale it's in. From memory, it's not quite as big as the PF Hulk, but it is still very massive.

Olivetti Hulk is a Comiquette, but it's in a PF size.

Iron Man

Upcoming IM2 Stuff?

IM2 stuff - coming at you VERY soon. 1:4 scale anyone? By Legacy Effects? So good, so very very good. iron man 2 projects are on their way. We've been working with Legacy to create some solid pieces from the movie. We have big plans for Iron Man 2. The movie should be huge and we'll be right there along with it.

IM2 Based on actors.

War machine from im2
War Machine - you don't have to tell me, he's going to take over my office. I've already picked up all the Hasbro Iron Man 2 figures - GREAT stuff.

No, we would never do that character. Black Widow. Not popular enough. I was joking, BTW

Mike does the customer service department cringe with each new Iron Man piece announced?

Mike Tolentino: We love all Iron Man pieces.

X-Men

Wolverine

Are there plans for another incarnation of Wolverine possibly without the seams in the PF in a brown suit in either PF or comiquette form (1:4 please!)?

Wolverine - oh yes, more Wolverine is as certain as more clones. Brown suit is a definite too.

Brown Wolverine - yes, it's a little ways away though. It is a variant of the blue and yellow version.

For those who have the wolverine PF ex on order, will they have the option of swapping it for the brown version?

Swapping Wolverine PF's - well, our cancellation policy is very liberal -you can always change your mind. But I don't know if the Brown Wolverine is going to be available before the existing Wolverine ships - we're still working on the brown costume version prototype.

Will the brown Wolverine have the same ex as the current?It is a variant of the blue and yellow version

Is there an iceman in the works? He would make an awesome statue.

Iceman is going to be awesome! The Iceman would be a comiquette.

X-Force

Is the X-Force dio the same scale as X-men vs Sentinel?

X-Force scale is slightly smaller because of the number of characters - the Marvel 'team up'dioramas will have random scales to accomodate the numbers in the team.

Would've liked it to fit in more with the other dio's, now it will look 'off'in my display cabinet.
It was a tough decision, but I was feeling that the dios were a little too small and not reallyserving the "icon" nature of the characters

Fantastic Four

Any Fantastic Four PFs or comiquettes planned?

Fantastic Four PF's - no, none in the works at the moment, but yes for Comiquettes.

Deadpool

Deadpool is massively popular, how come we haven't had any pieces yet?
Deadpool - you and me, bub. Love him. Any love for Doop?

Thanos

any updates on Thanos The Mad Titan? The sneak that you gave us was very promising from last Oct!

We're working through the paint processes of Thanos now. Any bells and whistles (ie: light-upfeature) will be determined in production, so it may not be possible

Others
I am wondering will Sideshow make a Super Skrull Comiquette as well?
Super-Skrull is an in house favorite

Juggy is a definite, and we DID start a sculpture - but I think we're changing directions, which has delayed him a bit.

We definitely plan on pushing a Marvel "team ups" diorama angle over the next couple of years, with top-tier teams as well as the more obscure teams.

can we expect to see a Magneto PF from Sidehow with a fabric cape like the one on Emma Frost PF? My friend showed me his Sideshow Emma Frost and her cape is magical!

Magneto is certainly going to happen at some point

Do we have a chance to see more Galactus products from Sideshow? The Planet Eater will look awesome in Fantastic Four VS Diorama.
Yes the Galactus LSB was very successful and we will look to go back to it.

I have the Sideshow Apocalypse LSB and hoping for Sideshow to make Apocalypse Comiquette, any chance to see it by the end of this year?
Apocalypse - Apocolypse is a huge favorite here and a comiquette is definitely on the books

Dr. Doom Comiquette - It's been discussed and is currently in some level of design.

Mr. Sinister - characters like this are always possible and our appetite for the more unique characters has, I think, been demonstrated

Are there any plans to release future Adam Hughes Comiquetes?

AH! Yes on the Adam Hughes comiquettes

Black Panther - very soon (-ty Computerfly)

Scale of Future Marvel Pieces

Scale is something we talk about, but not something we regard as a real issue. I do agree that we need to convey more about the scale at the time of pre-order, and we're working on that - so you'll know if our next X-Men Comiquette will display better with your PF figures or with smaller scale Comiquettes. It is possible that we will do more 'group development' so that related characters are all in scale, but at least with Marvel, scale will vary.

We're working on other ways to show scale. It has to be visual, even if we get really clear about saying scale it doesn't always give you the best idea of scale without better visuals.

1:5 scale for Marvel does go with other 1:5 scale Marvel - and there will be a nice variety of it

Are you planning to add more 1:2 scale marvels and would you consider other key characters (Spidey/Hulk)?

Half scale projects are extremly intense but we are putting a lot of work into creating some amazing pieces in the next few years.

You will definitely see more 1:2 scale Marvel. Yes, we plan on continuing the Marvel 1:2 scale program, and would consider Spidey, not sure about Hulk.

Movie Marvel Premium Formats
When will we start seeing MOVIE Marvel PFS?

We are interested in pursuing those, it's just the demand for the comic-based stuff is just so overwhelmingly disproportionate

There seems to be a lukewarm response to Exclusive prints. Will we be seeing more prints with SS EX's. Do you think that SS will continue doing prints or look for other EX incentives?
The Exclusive prints are in fact close to our hear, and we will continue that program. We are in the business of celebrating the 2D art as much as we do the 3D and want to continue this program.

Last edited:
We can combine that with what we know from the Ask Sideshow stuff.

In Development
Psylocke (reveal soon) (Comiquette) (2010)
Rogue (PF)
Black Cat (PF)
Storm
More Iron Man products (2010)
1:4 IM!!!!
Warmachine (2010)
Wolverine (Brown suit) (2010)
Juggernaut (2011)
Nightcrawler (2011)
Deadpool (2011)
Cable (C/PF) (Planning Phase)
Iceman (C)
Thanos (painting now)
Hulk (Comiquette)
Black Panther
Wolverine (Brown costume, possible alternative version of existing PF)
Daredevil (PF)
Daredevil (C)
Carnage (C)
Spiderman (C)

Possible future plans
Fantastic Four: 1:4 scale PF or Comiquette
Gambit comiquette (2011 or later)
Bullseye (PF)
Phoenix
Spiderwoman (full figure)
Doom
Iron Patriot
Moon Knight
Black Bolt
Tigra (2011 or later)
Sentinels (2011ish)
Apocalypse
Magneto

More AH line
More Marvel team ups dios
FF4 Comiquettes
IM2 stuff bases on actors (Scarjo Black widow etc)

Under Consideration...
Civil War Dios
Doom vs. FF (not 2010)
Thor
Loki (male), (non-dio) (PF)
1:2 Spidey
Super-skrull (in house fav)

Unlikely
Marvel zombies (no licence)
Jean Grey
Punisher: War Zone

Last edited:
  1. Make the new Hulk 1/4th or I will be very, very disappointed
  2. Get uniform with scale: I would say this is one of the top three gripes people have with Sideshow and it IS a real issue...
  3. Brown costume Wolverine for the win!

Seriously Sideshow, scale is a major issue. Who wants to display a 1/5th Hulk with Captain America and Thor who are 1/4th?

Last edited:
So much info it was hard to digest tonight, lots of fun and thanks for posting a recap fuzzy :)

Here's what I managed to gather from the chatroom. Please chime in with anything I've missed (including most of the questions) and I'll add it.

Hulk

Will Olivetti's upcoming Hulk be a PF or comiquette and what size?

'Hulk smash tux! Hulk no like tux!'

Olivetti Hulk is HUGE, although I'll have to go check to see which exact scale it's in. From memory, it's not quite as big as the PF Hulk, but it is still very massive.

Olivetti Hulk is a Comiquette, but it's in a PF size.

Wait...could that mean Joe fix-it??

I logged on to the chat 30 mins early and got bored quickly. And left cause I got things to do.

I have no problem with the scale mentioned as far as the Hulk comiquette is concerned. X-force is something else..LOL. I will definitely be getting this Hulk comiquette. I wonder if the upcoming Colossus match well with this Olivetti Hulk.

Thanks Fuzzy for the info.

Can't be...better not be. Did Olivetti even draw a Fixit?

I really, really hope not...:monkey4
596773-05_hulk_07corr_large_1_super.jpg

professor9.gif

I hope they dont make that version of Hulk.

More importantly any word on DAREDEVIL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about Spidey comiquette?

Thanos

Thanos light up gems?

We're working through the paint processes of Thanos now. Any bells and whistles (ie: light-upfeature) will be determined in production, so it may not be possible

No Light-up gems??? Oh... so sad.... :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Back