Dr. Doom Chalice Worth $150.00 ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moonlightdrive21

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys:

If you had to pay $150 more to get an exclusive Doom over a standard one, do you think it would be worth it? Why?

Thanks

To be fair you get the pedastal and the chalice. The pedastal and chalice is just as finely sculpted as the rest of Doom and his throne.

150.00? Ehh... I just received mine yesterday and I only had to pay $25 more over the regular edition. And I was on the wait list for both editions and were converted to orders, first the Regular then the Exclusive...

It's an awesome piece either way. I think it's up to you to decide if it's worth it. Me, I love everything about the Exclusive Doctor Doom.

NSFolsom said:
150.00? Ehh... I just received mine yesterday and I only had to pay $25 more over the regular edition.

You paid $25 over the MSRP of the reg edition not the price of it. There is definitely a $100 difference between them if you got the exclusive from SS. $175-$225 if he were buying the Exc on the secondary market. No offence to those who bought it but IMHO this is one of the worst exclusive items SS has to offer, and absolutly not worth $100 difference let alone $200+..........

Jesse

Jesseawilson said:
IMHO this is one of the worst exclusive items SS has to offerJesse

I gotta disagree. The chalice is one of SS best.

It's much better than some stupid Mouse Droid.:rolleyes: The droid doesn't look nothing like a mouse.:D

i'm guessing when he says $150, he means the difference in what he could get the regular edition or Exclusive on Ebay for. personally, i'm very glad i got the exclusive. it's a beautiful addition. and i'm pretty sure the exclusives of this piece will always hold, or increase in value, unlike the regs may do. i'll never sell it, but i do hate to see stuff go for less than i paid after the fact. to answer the question, yes, i think the exclusive is worth an extra $150 over what u can get the reg for on Ebay, but if it wasn't a big deal to me i'd sure as hell get the reg.

Bonehead15 said:
It's much better than some stupid Mouse Droid.:rolleyes: The droid doesn't look nothing like a mouse.:D

Yes the mouse droid sucks as well, nothing to do with vader except he almost tripped over it walking down the hall......... :wacky

Jesse

I would 1000% disagree. This is easily the best PF exclusive they've done. Although I expect that I'll say the same about Leia. The detail on the chalice is amazing and using a magnet to hold it to the pedastal is genius. I wouldn't even consider having Doom without it.

Jesseawilson said:
You paid $25 over the MSRP of the reg edition not the price of it. There is definitely a $100 difference between them if you got the exclusive from SS. $175-$225 if he were buying the Exc on the secondary market. No offence to those who bought it but IMHO this is one of the worst exclusive items SS has to offer, and absolutly not worth $100 difference let alone $200+..........

Jesse

Manufactured Suggested Retail Price, Price what's the difference! I thought there was only a $25 difference between the Regular Edition and the Exclusive Edition, oredered directly from Sideshow. Otherwise, consider me confused. I'm not talking about the secondary market.

Guys, the difference of $150 I am referring to is related to a personal situation and option I might have. Thanks for the advice so far and hope to hear even more opinions.

Thanks!

I personally think the pedestal and chalice is an awesome exclusive. It looks 100% a part of the piece, and to me it really enhances Doom's contemplative pose... now if I can just get the gun out and display it like NSFolsom has. :banghead
For what the exclusive is, it's definitely not worth $150. Although, it IS definitely worth the $25 more it costs from SS. To me, missing the exclusive is like missing a part of the statue. Now if we wanna talk about bad exclusives, lets talk cameras. ;)

Here's a size comparison of the pedestal & chalice next to the Morgul Lord:

PedestalMorgulLord_Compare.jpg

Thanks to all who responded!

Resindog, thanks for the great pic, which shows the scale really well !!

What are your camera settings on yor Canon XT when you take pictures of your statues?

Thanks!!

I think the Doom exclusive is one of the best exclusives that Sideshow has done. It adds a heck of a lot to the statue and worth having.

NSFolsom said:
Manufactured Suggested Retail Price, Price what's the difference! I thought there was only a $25 difference between the Regular Edition and the Exclusive Edition, oredered directly from Sideshow. Otherwise, consider me confused. I'm not talking about the secondary market.

I am not talking about the secondary market either. You can get the regular editions from dealers for sagnificantly less then the Esclusive from SS. If your buying the regular editions form SS then your throwing your money away ........... I don't pay MSRP for something that I can get for 15-35% less somewhere else.

Jesse

pitchin said:
better exclusive than the light up feature on the sentinel piece?

NO WAY man........ I have to say the Sentinel is one of, if not the best exclusive piece.

Jesse

pitchin said:
better exclusive than the light up feature on the sentinel piece?

Hmmm kind of hard to compare the two if you ask me because both add so much more to the main sculpture. For me it wouldn't be the same if I didnt have the stand and chalice the same if my X-men piece didn't light up. Both are worth the extra money.

Jesseawilson said:
I am not talking about the secondary market either. You can get the regular editions from dealers for sagnificantly less then the Esclusive from SS. If your buying the regular editions form SS then your throwing your money away ........... I don't pay MSRP for something that I can get for 15-35% less somewhere else.

I agree with Jesse. You're throwing money away by buying regular editions direct. If you're rich and don't care, then that's fine. I prefer to get my non-exclusives from board dealers and Ebay.

In fact, I'm actually thinking of selling my Vader w/ Mouse Droid and just picking up the regular. The mouse isn't worth $150 or more to me. It would be worth it if it wasn't so huge and horribly out of scale.:rolleyes:

They had the scale correct previously:
sideshowvader.jpg

eu_bg.jpg

I don't know why that turned into this:
p1210042medium8ew.jpg

Back