Justified Discussion -Spoilers-

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kobayashi93

Super Freak
Reaction score
The first episode airs tonight on FX. I think it looks promising. Is anyone else going to check it out?

Here's the synapsis:
JUSTIFIED is the story of Deputy U.S. Marshal RAYLAN GIVENS (Timothy Olyphant), a true-blue hero and something of a throwback, given to wearing a Stetson and cowboy boots, carrying his sidearm in a hip holster – a weapon he only draws when he has to, and when he does, he shoots to kill, because, as he sees it, that’s the purpose of a gun.

Raylan was born and reared in the hill country of eastern Kentucky. It was in Harlan where he played ball, chased girls and dug coal. And it was from Harlan, at age 19, that he ran, determined to become a U.S. Marshal. Now, years later, after shooting a gun thug in a Miami hotel and thereby incurring the wrath of his Marshals Service superiors, Raylan has been sent in punishment (and by fate?) to the one place to which he vowed he would never return – Kentucky.

Last edited:
Re: Justified Discussion

Looks interesting. I might catch a few eps on hulu. Hope it's good.

It looks extremely good - Olyphant was exceptional on Deadwood, and I'd like to see him recapture that attitude here.

I'm looking forward to it...even after reading Tom Shales review.

I'm looking forward to it...even after reading Tom Shales review.

Unfortunately we don't get F/X on the Canadian dish-- I did check out a trailer and it looks good. I'll have to hunt this down on-line.

Not too bad. Not great, either. I actually liked the villain more in this episode. Still, better than most stuff I've seen on TV. Might watch it again.

i liked it. im glad boyd survived (he's a good bad guy....:D) . im sure they will have more than a few meetings during the season.

Anyone that judges a television show off the first episode is going to miss a whole lot of great shows. You can't judge completely til the first 3 - 6 are done, giving the actors and writers time to really feel out the concept.

I liked last night's, and it's well worth giving it a few episodes to see where it goes. Olyphant is great, but we'll have to see where the supporting characters end up. Boyd does make a great bad guy, and one that might make for an interesting on going arch enemy.

Anyone that judges a television show off the first episode is going to miss a whole lot of great shows. You can't judge completely til the first 3 - 6 are done, giving the actors and writers time to really feel out the concept.

I liked last night's, and it's well worth giving it a few episodes to see where it goes. Olyphant is great, but we'll have to see where the supporting characters end up. Boyd does make a great bad guy, and one that might make for an interesting on going arch enemy.

Meh disagree. That is the reason for a pilot...if it doesn't get you hooked then the writers and directors failed.

Yes, some shows do come out in the second season or later episodes but I will not waste my time with those shows unless I get a recommendation that it got better.

I am not gonna stick through something that has started out terrible...why should I try if the writers haven't?

I find that amusing, since you're a Buffy fan and that show is an excellent example. Not just the first couple episodes but the whole first season was well below the quality we saw in seasons 2 and on...but I'm betting you didn't watch the show when it first aired. :D

I find that amusing, since you're a Buffy fan and that show is an excellent example. Not just the first couple episodes but the whole first season was well below the quality we saw in seasons 2 and on...but I'm betting you didn't watch the show when it first aired. :D

Haha, I did not. So my point still stands. I heard after the fact show rocked and I had to get past season 1, which is true. Win win for me.

More examples:

The Shield - pilot was amazing...started watching...favorite TV show of all time
The Sopranos - pilot was great..got me watching.
LOST - same thing

Haha, I did not. So my point still stands. I heard after the fact show rocked and I had to get past season 1, which is true. Win win for me.

More examples:

The Shield - pilot was amazing...started watching...favorite TV show of all time
The Sopranos - pilot was great..got me watching.
LOST - same thing

And to counter:

Sons of Anarchy: pilot was good...show is AMAZING!! Just one example.

And if everyone had the same opinion/outlook as you for new shows...your beloved Buffy would have died after Season 1.

Back