Brian Rood presents "THE STEAMTROOPER"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brood

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Here is about as custom of a job as I can do!
A Trooper bucket I have recently did a complete redesign and custom paint job on for an upcoming Charity auction....
The STEAMTROOPER will be auctioned off for the Make a Wish charity in the near future...

A little mash-up of Star Wars and Steam punk... This guy turned out awesome!!!
Way better than I could have hoped...
have a good one,
Brian Rood
https://501sttkproject.blogspot.com/
www.brianrood.com

Picture025.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Picture027.jpg

Picture031.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool, Brood :rock How did you retexture the gun metal areas?

I used a layering effect of varying paints that had a chemical reaction with one another to create the textured effect, I wanted it to look very natural and pitted as if its been around for a very long time... and the various environments he has been in have really tarnished the armor/helmet. :)
B

I used a layering effect of varying paints that had a chemical reaction with one another to create the textured effect, I wanted it to look very natural and pitted as if its been around for a very long time... and the various environments he has been in have really tarnished the armor/helmet. :)
B

Well the results are quite impressive. It really gives the visual appearance of bulk and weight, not to mention metal.

thats really cool. i'm drawn to the steampunk aesthetic but its hard to say whether I can call myself a fan of the style yet.

I've been on a kind of steampunk kick recently, and Star Wars lends itself so well to the style. This is a great work - I'd love to a Vader done the same way.

I have always like the Steampunk look. From The custom figures you find from time to time on the internet to the way it gets added in to some movies to make modern ideas come across better in movies based in the past such as Wild Wild West.

To me, it is a fun twist on a great idea!

And this helmet is an awesome example of the style!

Excellent work!

Edit -
I've been on a kind of steampunk kick recently, and Star Wars lends itself so well to the style. This is a great work - I'd love to a Vader done the same way.

It would be a travesty to derail a thread on such an awesome piece. But I will make a quick side note to ask you if you have seen Sillof's work? If not...

https://sillof.com/C-Steampunk-SW2.htm

There is a great Darth Vader on this page.

Now let's get back to brood's helmet...it is even better than the one Sillof did for his figure...by a long shot.

Last edited:
hey everyone, I just wanted to chime in here again and say thanks for all the positive feedback on the Steamtrooper! The piece actually has received more feedback and much more buzz about it than I could have hoped for! Im glad I could be part of this project and I hope that with all the buzz everyone participates in the auction! Like I said before its for Make a Wish foundation and Im pretty sure they will be auctioning it off at Celebration 5 in Orlando this August! Take a peek at the official site here for the exact information on the auction. https://501sttkproject.blogspot.com/
I will definitley be visiting the Steampunk / Star Wars genre again in the near future.... If time allows there may be a few suprises at Celebration V. take care and thanks again!
Brian Rood
www.brianrood.com

Back