Will HT be able to produce a 1/6 scaled HULK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe in the special features, it was stated that he was 9ft tall. I don't believe the scale would be a problem since their Aliens Figure are scaled to 8ft or 9ft themselves. Only question is what format body would they use? This was talked about in another thread, but if they go with this figure, most likely they would have to use a Herisute Body, like Wolverine and Comedian, but just modified for HULK. I really do not believe the price would sky rocket. I say $200 bucks since it would be just 1 figure and no accessories.

I would say: no, and very.

I would say you're very and wrong. Movie Hulk was set at 9ft, and if 12" is equal to 6ft (average TT-based figure), and 14" to 8ft (Predators w/exception of P1), then it's not out of the question. Marginally adding to the feet and neck can easily get HotToys where they need to be at 15" for the correct height. Since he'd lack accessories but be enormous, I'd put him at about $189.

Last edited:
Since he'd lack accessories but be enormous, I'd put him at about $170.
No way. He would have to at least be as tall as the AVP Predators, and 2-3 times as wide as they are. Add in a fancy muscle body, the R&D costs required to engineer such a thing, and the extra packaging required, and I can easily see this costing $250+ based on the current HT base cost.

I'm going on MSRP that Sideshow would probably offer it for.

No way. He would have to at least be as tall as the AVP Predators, and 2-3 times as wide as they are. Add in a fancy muscle body, the R&D costs required to engineer such a thing, and the extra packaging required, and I can easily see this costing $250+ based on the current HT base cost.

I'm going on MSRP that Sideshow would probably offer it for.

Yeah, if you reread, I upped it to $190. But you gotta remember, he doesn't have ANY accessories and doesn't even have things like a belt, socks or shoes. What little clothing he has (likely only pants) would be more like nickers. So with that, I wouldn't put it over the $200 mark.

right now, all im interested in... is the Fig itself and if it actually will happen, i'll worry about price later :D

I didn't want to post crap and let them HT freak have their time. But man am I tired of all these HT wolvie/IM. I can understand IM 2 is coming out soon but...blah blah. I'll enjoy the movie and skip the IM toys.

Maybe HT should make HULK to smash em all later on.

First things first. The Movie Hulk was 10 feet tall not only does it say in many reference interviews but in the deleted scenes Blonsky in a debriefing says specifically 10 feet tall and that part was used in many commercials.

Second, they can its whether or not they will. If you look at Hellboy its a modified Truetype with a skeleton underneath the rubber body, that is the basic make up of The Hulk just bigger which would primarily be easier because there is less of a chance of breakage. The figure it self would need to be around 20" tall which isn't too much bigger than the 12" figures we are getting now and their Na'vi from Avatar would need to be the same height to be true to form so I guarantee you the work has begun on how to make a specialized Truetype would could easily translate using the rubber suit itself as a way to add definition and mass, which would make it more cost effective since they are doing at least three Na'vi minimum and if they wanted to make them true to scale they'd just move the tech over.

This isn't like the Tumbler or doing an Iron Monger where the pieces are specific its just changing over tech existing. They had no real reason to do it for Hulk since you could make one maybe two Hulks out of it. With Avatar coming and the chance to do at minimum a Jake, then a Neytiri even a Tsu'tey and hit the mains without doing Grace or Norm or even a variation of Jake, the tech will be there just need to be moved over and revamped into a more green positioning.

First things first. The Movie Hulk was 10 feet tall not only does it say in many reference interviews but in the deleted scenes Blonsky in a debriefing says specifically 10 feet tall and that part was used in many commercials.

I'm guessing this is one of those times, where not unlike the History Channel, you go undisputed for the amount of info you know about Marvel. You even made me question where I heard it from so I went back and watched it just to make sure I wasn't crazy. In the documentary "Becoming the Hulk" on the BluRay, they state and I quote, "The Hulk averages between 9 and 10ft tall. So we firmly established the Hulk's height at 9ft tall." So whatever you're pulling from as your source, I'm gonna stick with the production team of the film, more specifically the design team, who set the height at 9ft. Remember, we're talking the Hulk from The Incredible Hulk movie, not the comic version, and not the 15ft tall one from the original film.

Second, they can its whether or not they will. If you look at Hellboy its a modified Truetype with a skeleton underneath the rubber body, that is the basic make up of The Hulk just bigger which would primarily be easier because there is less of a chance of breakage. The figure it self would need to be around 20" tall which isn't too much bigger than the 12" figures we are getting now and their Na'vi from Avatar would need to be the same height to be true to form so I guarantee you the work has begun on how to make a specialized Truetype would could easily translate using the rubber suit itself as a way to add definition and mass, which would make it more cost effective since they are doing at least three Na'vi minimum and if they wanted to make them true to scale they'd just move the tech over.

This isn't like the Tumbler or doing an Iron Monger where the pieces are specific its just changing over tech existing. They had no real reason to do it for Hulk since you could make one maybe two Hulks out of it. With Avatar coming and the chance to do at minimum a Jake, then a Neytiri even a Tsu'tey and hit the mains without doing Grace or Norm or even a variation of Jake, the tech will be there just need to be moved over and revamped into a more green positioning.

Yep. If HT makes a Hulk, they better damn well make it like Hellboy. Otherwise don't bother.

i see them doing this figure.
but they will not use the rubber body flesh like on rocky or other figures. i think he will be a thicker plastic..so he can be durable..because it would be a fatal flaw to use the rubber skin.. to many would get destroyed and it would be costly..but when it comes to making figures there light years ahead of the competition..

Back