Are Sideshow exclusive prints worth it???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flipsk8emerica

Super Freak
Reaction score
As stated above do you think sideshow exclusive prints are worth the extra money and do they really add much value to the statue later down the road? I see exclusives selling all the time for 50 to 100 dollars more than the regular version when all the exclusive contains is an art print. Are the art prints that awesome or do you simply buy them because you "have to have" the exclusive version? Would you rather see a switch out head or arm instead of the print? What do you fellow sideshow collectors think?

I think its also to do with the more limited edition size. Some exclusives are must haves. But for me the print is just a nice bonus.

Unless the print is immensly kick ass then I'm not that bothered whether its exclusive or not. And the switch out head or arm also depends on how much of a must have it is for me.

For me it all just depends on what the exclusive actually is as to whether I have to have it or not. Not some little gold sticker

As stated above do you think sideshow exclusive prints are worth the extra money and do they really add much value to the statue later down the road? I see exclusives selling all the time for 50 to 100 dollars more than the regular version when all the exclusive contains is an art print. Are the art prints that awesome or do you simply buy them because you "have to have" the exclusive version? Would you rather see a switch out head or arm instead of the print? What do you fellow sideshow collectors think?

I'm with you on this, don't see Ex's with a print going up much in value versus the reg. Probably another anti-flipper measure! Seems to be working, many flippers didn't make a cent from Punysher or Venom and they ended up converting tons of actual collectors way down the waitlist. All my prints are currently collecting dust as having a pic of the same piece behind just seems to take away from the piece to me. Still, for the small price difference, it's not a big deal to get an Ex. Some people also just like seeing small denominators on their bases (possibly the same peeps who pay more for low numbers), never really understood it myself...... :D

I kinda discount the exclusive with prints, unless the artist actually puts some sorta drawing on the print itself to make it special. Additional body parts are kinda worth the extra $10 - $20 they charge.

I agree. I guess my biggest thing is it's hard for me to justify spending an extra 100 (secondary market)on an exclusive when the print will probably remain in the box collecting dust. Dont get me wrong I think they are sick looking prints but personally I like the change o head or switch out arm etc more than the prints. The change o feature to me is definitely worth the extra money (in some cases) because that actually adds to the sculpt and it's nice to be able to change it up sometimes.

Last edited:
If I only have to pay $5 - $10 extra then its probably ok as long as it looks cool (like Vlads) but I would never pay more than that. And while an extra arm or head is cool too I probably wouldn't switch them out much so either way (print or body part) is probably fine.

I love the prints, I almost always have some form of art behind my statues though.

They might not be the most exciting EX choice, but it is better than something forced or redundant.

They are only worth it if looking to sell the Ex. down the road.

:lecture

I don't really care about the prints. But I don't mind them. I wish they did not affect the price of the piece as much as I don't think it costs too much.

I am ok with the women's line... but the regular pieces don't really measure up in terms of the art pieces IMHO.

They're worth it for me if I like the print. Otherwise, I'd never bother with say, the Venom exclusive.

Really ? I thought the Mystique print was different and worth it. It's actually the only one I have at the moment.

Yes they are worth it.Some Statue collectors who are too focus on their own hobby dont realize there is a whole market for them . Like comics, a lot of people collect them.They are worth it.

Only the fools wouldnt consider them.

The print for Vlad looks just as impressive as the statue itself.

No doubt, but for every Vlad there is a Venom. :sick

So I should qualify my earlier post; as long as the print is done well they make for a fantastic backdrop to the statues themselves.

Yes they are worth it.Some Statue collectors who are too focus on their own hobby dont realize there is a whole market for them . Like comics, a lot of people collect them.They are worth it.

Only the fools wouldnt consider them.

:lecture :lecture :lecture I've been saying it for years...

Don't listen to Ski or Shai and sell your teeth and hair on eBay.

Back