How many people are waiting for their commission from Imaresqd1?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azurepred

It's so fluffy!!!
Reaction score
I'm just curious how many people here have already put a down payment and are waiting for their finished piece from Imaresqd1. This isn't a bashing thread, but I'm beginning to get a little concerned about my commission, especially since I was told this would be done after "Christmas break", but I haven't heard anything from him. I can't pm him because his box is always full, and he hasn't even been seen in over a month on here;I have no other contact information either. I'm wandering if there are more people in the same boat as me........it would be greatly appreciated if anyone has another method of contacting him, cause I'm starting to get very concerned. Thanks!

Be patient. Adam is a good guy but his work always takes longer than expected not to mention he is in school and working on numerous heads at once.

From what i hear, and this is just from other members here who have heads coming, as i dont myself, there are a few coming soon, so best bet would just be to sit tight. Personally, with a new job myself, i can really understand how stretched for time some people can be. Have you tried emailing the address you sent paypal to?

At least 4 including yours that I knew of, and I kind of have another on order too.

As lforigno said, be patient. Mine was quoted to be finished mid November and it is arriving next week.

I have an order too but No problem for me! He can take all the time he needs to do his job ;)

Yeah i am in the same boat and i am also being patient, you cant rush art people

Anyone think he might still be taking commissions? I'd love to own one. I keep hearing his inbox is full though.

He never said he's not taking more commissions, as far as I am aware. The difficulty is getting a hold of him. I would try to PM him from time to time on the off chance that he's cleared his PMs. That's how I finally got a chance to commission my head.

I paid half deposit and half on completition so cant say fairer than that i think.

Anyway Adam is a stand up guy and noway will he do what others have done before on here noway!!!

Various Ledger Joker commissions.

Anyway, like Manji said. I don't think there needs to be a whole lot more discussion on this.

Hopefully Snake will post some lovely pics of his soon to be received head soon. And that will hold the rest of us over until we get ours!

Yeah, I have one myself too awaiting. Still need to pay rest of payment. But I know he gets busy or school holds him over and keeps him away from here. Mine was suppose to be done over the break as well, but I have now worries about this and Adam will deliver.

I can understand being scared on these forums nowadays. I had a few little conversations through pm with Chris Howes , he told me how he had spoken to Stan Winston on the phone in the past and a few other interesting things ( wheter they were true or not I'll never know now :dunno ) and he seemed like the last person on earth who would rip you off. Regardless of wheter it was intentional or not it did in the end happen and I lost out around £70.00.
I do think though Adam is a stand up guy and I doubt he has anywhere near to close what Chris Howes had on his plate , that was getting ridiculous. :lol
Like I say I'm not comparing the two but I could understand people being a little scared ordering things now and paying money up front. It happened again with the guy who made the Pennywise sculpts which I myself nearly went and ordered again , many other went through with it and lost out.

I do think though Adam will come through with these though , hes someone who I feel is very proud of his work too and he is very very talented. I highly doubt he would put that to waste.
I would have ordered one of these myself if I didn't already have my Joker covered. :D

I'm hoping he pops back up soon. I contacted him before Christmas about a head and he said to check back with him after Christmas break about commissioning one. Been a month and a half since I sent him a PM, if not more, and I've yet to hear anything. Kind of bummed, since I really want one. I'm assuming he's just swamped, though.

Things that get overlooked about part-time custom work:
- Most have a decent full-time job allowing them to actually afford this hobby. But how much joy and pressure? who knows
- It is a sacrifice. Time taken away from e.g. family & friends, physical and mental recovery etc add to that pressure from said family & friends
- how much sparetime can you consistantly set aside after work, 10hrs?
- How do you value those sacrifices in $? OK how about based on your actual job? e.g. if my job paid me an average $60K then hourly rate should be $30/hr but since this is a sacrifice how much? $10/hr?
- why the hell do it at all if not for money? The added value is satisfaction and pride in the work and the appreciation and praises by fellow collectors and hence reason why pictures are posted. Sadly all that added value will start fading ones the prototype is done
- Now after all that someone comes around and questions the value of the item effectively devaluing ones sacrifice.. realy why do it at all?
- so if customs are done as a part time and the income is inconsequential then it is merely a matter of time when someone would just throw in the towel

Back