Spider-man 1/4 (pictures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ridges on the hands are cool. Sort of answers the question about how he can stick on walls, etc... But the contrast to the fabric is quite stark. Not much they can do about that.

He looks decent. I'll bet he's even more striking when you see him in person and when you can see how big he is.

I'm glad they went with a comic book version... I like the movie Spidey but maybe they can do a version of him next year when Spider-Man 3 comes out.

I do wish the piece was more dynamic though. I would love to hear more about the process of picking the pose etc. I was really hoping they'd do something a little more unusual for Spidey since the character affords a lot of playfulness that can be added to the pieces.

One thing that seems small but really takes a little away from the piece is how flat footed he is. Maybe this was to make him more stable, but it seems un-spidey like. I wish he looked more like he was ready to pounce.

It seems really difficult to capture the heroes on the Premium format. Even the DC Direct superman looks a little like 'a guy in spandex' vs. looking like "SUPERMAN". I feel a little of that here with Spider-Man... he look a little like a guy in a suit.

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm bashing, because I'm not. These are just a few of the things that kept me from clicking the "order" button. That and the fact that I've already pre-ordered a ton of other stuff this week.

Gonna have to pass on this. It just doesn't do it for me. It's not a bad looking piece but I've got the diorama coming and I like that piece 100 times more than this one.

Well, I've got my order in thnx to a friend so I'm glad I have this coming. I love it I really do. The details and the mix of the two medums like this is really amazing. The way this piece is done pose wise screams Spidey but that may be just me.

jlcmsu said:
Well, I've got my order in thnx to a friend so I'm glad I have this coming. I love it I really do. The details and the mix of the two medums like this is really amazing. The way this piece is done pose wise screams Spidey but that may be just me.

Hey J,
Is there anything you don`t like or Buy!:naughty

I love it!! :banana

I was really hoping that I would hate this piece once some good pics were released just so that I wouldn't have to get it but I think it's great.

My order is in!!:)

The camera is a pretty cool exclusive.

Now I have got to find a Green Goblin PF to go along with Spidey. The whole reason I passed on the Goblin earlier is that there was no Spidey to go along with him. Now I've got to get one.

Its just not a "WOW" piece for me. And it should be being Spidey, a Marvel Legend. I dont like the seam between Poly/Fabric. Looks cheap.

Just orderered my first PF. Hoping to order my second (John Wayne) in the near future. Actually my first may be The Green Goblin since I'm about to order one of those now. Curse you Sideshow! I don't know why I wanted SSC to do a comic version of Spiderman. I knew it would open a whole new 1/4th scale can of worms for me.
I think PF Spidey is a nice looking portrait figure. I think I would have liked them to use more cloth on the costume but it still looks great as is. I'm just happy to have this guy.
Also used Flex Pay although I have no idea why other than to offer myself the illusion of not spending $250 on this figure.....not all at once anyway.
I already had a ton of 1/6th stuff on order with SSC, and now with the Toy Fair announced exclusives and other preorder stuff it's becoming positively ridiculous. I think Sideshow should send me a Christmas basket this year. I'll be satisfied with the announcement of PF Cap though for my gift.

One real plus here, are the colors. A beautiful, gentle blue, and a calm, not-flashy red. Superb.

Rugby1970 said:
He looks decent. I'll bet he's even more striking when you see him in person and when you can see how big he is.

I'm glad they went with a comic book version... I like the movie Spidey but maybe they can do a version of him next year when Spider-Man 3 comes out.

I do wish the piece was more dynamic though. I would love to hear more about the process of picking the pose etc. I was really hoping they'd do something a little more unusual for Spidey since the character affords a lot of playfulness that can be added to the pieces.

One thing that seems small but really takes a little away from the piece is how flat footed he is. Maybe this was to make him more stable, but it seems un-spidey like. I wish he looked more like he was ready to pounce.

It seems really difficult to capture the heroes on the Premium format. Even the DC Direct superman looks a little like 'a guy in spandex' vs. looking like "SUPERMAN". I feel a little of that here with Spider-Man... he look a little like a guy in a suit.

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm bashing, because I'm not. These are just a few of the things that kept me from clicking the "order" button. That and the fact that I've already pre-ordered a ton of other stuff this week.

Well said...in my opinion the flat feet really do take away from the over all "fell" of the sculpt... and his pose seems to be very "normal", really lacking the agility Spidey can display....over all, still a good piece, just not to my likeing:D

kingdarkness03 said:
his pose seems to be very "normal", really lacking the agility Spidey can display....over all, still a good piece, just not to my likeing:D

I agree that it is not a very "acrobatic" pose. The size of the PF will be great, but I prefer the pose in the diorama:

9002_press05-001.jpg

Bonehead15 said:
Now I have got to find a Green Goblin PF to go along with Spidey. The whole reason I passed on the Goblin earlier is that there was no Spidey to go along with him. Now I've got to get one.

Same here. I passed on the Green gobling because Sideshow hadn't made a Spiderman PF back then. Now I am most definetly getting one.

I like this guy and I'm getting him, despite the over use of polystone surfaces and the seam in the crotch.

But I just realized that one (other) thing that bothers me is that he seems to just have a small strip of red on his arms, whereas the whole top arm should be red with webs. Seems like a major departure from the traditional costume.

Darklord Dave said:
But I just realized that one (other) thing that bothers me is that he seems to just have a small strip of red on his arms, whereas the whole top arm should be red with webs. Seems like a major departure from the traditional costume.

That was the first thing that stuck out to me as well. Then the screened spider on the back when the pictures were released. That sticks out like a sore thumb as well, it just doesn't match the rest of the red on the costume.

Darklord Dave said:
I like this guy and I'm getting him, despite the over use of polystone surfaces and the seam in the crotch.

I agree here too the strip of red from gloves to the shoulder is way to thin, also the distance between his knees to ankle looks to short also, sadly this is the statue I have been waiting for Sideshow to produce, but I will likely pass on it for those reasons.

Back