Ko Jun's own wolverine (Hot Toys Sculptor)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheMyth

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, or has been posted before. I found this and figured the people here would enjoy seeing these.

They are pics from the man who sculpted the wolverine likeness.

hope everyone enjoys.

3_ansrk1125.jpg

5_ansrk1125.jpg

many more can be found at:
https://blog.naver.com/kojun0422/140098899085

Yeah this was posted a while back, but I had no idea it was actually Kojun's own personal figure.

Very interesting, I would never want my own Wolverine permanently that way but certainly appreciate the quality of his execution.

Looking at his blog, I missed that he was the head sculptor for Aldo. While Connor and Wolverine have been iffy for likeness, Aldo's without question in my book, glad to see a piece from him at HT showing he can turn out likenesses for them as nice as some of his private work, I wasn't sure the HT schedule wouldn't hinder him from doing his best work.

Awesome!

I can't wait until Hot Toys starts doing all the old Marvel movie figures! I want an X-Men outfit Wolvie, Spider-man (though I get the feeling HT might wait for the "new" Spidey movie), Ghost Rider (isn't he already on the way?) and much more!

Wow.. Kojun does it again! :rock
I can still remember his Jack Sparrow sculpt. Awesome!

I am of those who think that to the figure it is not necessary to modify it., but I have to admit that it is a very good work, as that of so many other artists.

personally i think kojun is overrated in this forum. let's hope if ever al pacino or deniro get a chance to be made a figure by ht, kojun is not the one to do them. give me yulli anyday over kojun.

personally i think kojun is overrated in this forum. let's hope if ever al pacino or deniro get a chance to be made a figure by ht, kojun is not the one to do them. give me yulli anyday over kojun.

Because the Almost Bale Wayne, smooshed Schwarzenegger Dutch and the not so Hamilton Sarah Connor sculpts are soooo much better. :rolleyes:

Kojun and Yulli have their good subjects and not quite as good subjects. It isn't really fair calling one better than the other. I think people are a bit overzealous about Kojun being the new kid on the HT block, though.

while yulli did some less than stellar works, she's also done some truly eye-popping sculpts like, say... the BR joker, to have earned our devotion. i looked through kojun's past works(depp, deniro, pacino, etc.) and there's nothing close to the caliber of BR joker.

now though... post aldo raines, i'd totally get it if people start praising him to high heaven. his aldo is beautiful, it's worthy to occupy the same display space with BR joker. but pre aldo, i really dont get what the hype was all about. so far, yulli still has better batting average.

Back