PDA

View Full Version : Crazy (mostly) Marvel Omnibus/hardcover sale

dr_teng
03-06-2010, 11:23 PM
There's a whole ton of comic hardcovers and Omnibus titles on sale for $15 at Amazon. I went and made a list of all the Omnibus stuff at least.

http://www.whatsyourobsession.com/outrageously-good-marvel-omnibus-sale-adult-swim-dvd-box-set-sale/

As for hardcovers, there were way too many to list. Stuff like Civil War, the Punisher MAX volumes, Walking Dead hardcovers, all sorts of stuff. I'd say it's a good chance it's a price mistake on the Omnibus stuff (they probably only meant to do $15 titles on the regular hardcovers), but it's worth a shot. Hoping it works, since I ordered myself the Ultimates and Death of Cap Omnibus. :banana

Captain Spidey
03-07-2010, 03:50 AM
Wow thanks dude. I tried it a few minutes ago. Ordered 8 books. Let's wait and see...

dr_teng
03-07-2010, 07:48 AM
Wow thanks dude. I tried it a few minutes ago. Ordered 8 books. Let's wait and see...

They dropped even further to $8 and change, so who even knows what's going on anymore. Here's hoping!

fuzzylojiks
03-07-2010, 07:57 AM
thanks for the heads up, just got a bunch. :) too bad shipping costs a bomb to here lol.

Matt13
03-07-2010, 07:58 AM
I haven't read comics in quite a while what is omnibus titles? Are they just collections of back issues?

dr_teng
03-07-2010, 08:32 AM
I haven't read comics in quite a while what is omnibus titles? Are they just collections of back issues?

They're really nice oversized hardcover collections of comics, yeah. They sometimes include bonus materials.

Matt13
03-07-2010, 08:34 AM
Anyone have any recommendations? I've gotten back into comics since all the movies came out but have no idea where to start.

dr_teng
03-07-2010, 08:41 AM
Anyone have any recommendations? I've gotten back into comics since all the movies came out but have no idea where to start.

Get the Ultimates Omnibus for sure. Old Man Logan is a pretty big fan favourite, Invincible is fantastic. I'd say get Death of Captain America, but you'll be a little lost unless you get the earlier Omnibus (which unfortunately, isn't discounted, but you can always get it in regular hardcover for cheap).

If you want other stuff that's on sale, but not just the Omnibus stuff, the Punisher MAX titles are awesome, and I don't generally like Punisher comics. Civil War will help catch you up on some of the stuff that's happened in the Marvel universe.

Bone is a really great comic too, but it's not superhero stuff, it's a fantasy book.

Matt13
03-07-2010, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the advice man, I picked up
Wolverine Omnibus vol 1
The Ultimates Omnibus vol 1
Punisher Max 1 2 3
Secret Wars 1 and 2

I guess it was about time I used my credit for amazon!

risingstar
03-07-2010, 09:24 AM
I hate to be a Debby Downer, however, it's important to note that most, if not all, of these books are sold out. Just bear that in mind while waiting for your orders to be filled. If it happens, great, if not, well, you didn't lose anything, right?

:)

Grievous
03-07-2010, 09:27 AM
Awesome deals, hope it works out for us

Oat Willy
03-07-2010, 11:13 AM
thanks for the heads up! I ordered 5 Omnibus: Ultimates, Wolverine, Sectret Wars 1, Daredevil 1, and Invincible Iron Man

Oat Willy
03-07-2010, 12:44 PM
So I've been reading around on some other forums about this sale, and the word on the street is that it is most likely an error or glitch on the Amazon site, and everyone is fully expecting their orders will be canceled.

David Dunn
03-07-2010, 12:57 PM
I'm kind of expecting that myself, but I will get an "A" for effort. If these show up, that would be cool, man. Ever since my dog ruined my copy of Ultimates #1, I have been wanting to get the trade!

Shadow King
03-07-2010, 01:02 PM
I ordered a few of these and I am expecting them so I hope they are valid.

Matt13
03-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Well hopefully my tiny order will fall through and get delivered lol. I was kinda excited to actually read some of the new stories but if it doesn't come through I won't be lost without it.

CelticWarrior
03-07-2010, 04:07 PM
it says my orders are expected to ship in august...

Gundam
03-07-2010, 04:11 PM
Second thread I've seen on this yet none of those books show on sale for me. Am I doing something wrong?

CelticWarrior
03-07-2010, 04:13 PM
prolly because i added siege and that is a preorder :(

Natrix
03-07-2010, 04:20 PM
Second thread I've seen on this yet none of those books show on sale for me. Am I doing something wrong?

Ummm...sales don't last forever, which is why it is a sale....:lol

Oat Willy
03-07-2010, 04:27 PM
people are speculating that these would have a good chance of slipping through the cracks and actually being shipped, if not for the inevitable 'opportunists' that will be ordering like 10 of each to flip. Apparently when this is done it sets off a red flag to Amazon staff as these particular books suddenly shoot up to the top of the best seller list. Oh well, can't hurt to try.

risingstar
03-07-2010, 07:47 PM

The prices have reverted back to their regular prices.

dr_teng
03-07-2010, 08:04 PM
One of my orders (it was a small one) just shipped, here's hoping you guys have the same luck.

risingstar
03-07-2010, 08:38 PM
One of my orders (it was a small one) just shipped, here's hoping you guys have the same luck.

If you don;t mind my asking, what books were in your order?

dr_teng
03-07-2010, 08:42 PM
If you don;t mind my asking, what books were in your order?

Oh, not at all. It was actually three Capcom artbooks (Mega Man X/Okami/Phoenix Wright) that are normally priced around $30, they were at the $15 price point (and are now back up to around $30). I ordered them slightly before I saw the Omnibus sale. So if I'm lucky, the few comics I ordered for myself should be shipping next.

karamazov80
03-07-2010, 09:05 PM
Yeah, the normal price was listed as $15 for many of these, so I figured it was a glitch of some kind. But I ordered anyway. Some deals are too good to let pass. We'll see. . .

winghead
03-07-2010, 09:56 PM
Got my notice that the Wolverine and Daredevil Omnibus shipped! hopefully the rest of my order ships!

jinxx
03-07-2010, 10:30 PM
Oh, not at all. It was actually three Capcom artbooks (Mega Man X/Okami/Phoenix Wright) that are normally priced around $30, they were at the $15 price point (and are now back up to around $30). I ordered them slightly before I saw the Omnibus sale. So if I'm lucky, the few comics I ordered for myself should be shipping next.

How much was S&H to Canada? I didn't bother ordering. I usually get mine through Indigo. Awwwwwww.....:(

dr_teng
03-07-2010, 10:37 PM
How much was S&H to Canada? I didn't bother ordering. I usually get mine through Indigo. Awwwwwww.....:(

I get all my stuff shipped to my wife in New York, saves me a lot on bills! Their shipping to Canada on books is pretty reasonable from what I remember though.

Captain Spidey
03-08-2010, 12:39 AM
Just took a look for a possible second round. Yep, they're all back to their normal prices. Hope all my orders will be shipped. Don't know how US laws are on this matter, bit if it were a Dutch company I'd probably get all of them, because of a mistake on their part.

kentox
03-08-2010, 12:47 AM
I was going to dive in and order a whole lot of Punisher Max but passed on the shipping price of $80 to OZ. Will shop at my local comic shop and might, fingers crossed pay the same but walk out with it there and then and don't have to wait 2 weeks for it to arrive.

kazukijun
03-08-2010, 06:57 AM
How slow does Amazon works? I placed an order yesterday and the shipping estimate is March 15 to March 22...

ozzfan84
03-08-2010, 07:02 AM
How slow does Amazon works? I placed an order yesterday and the shipping estimate is March 15 to March 22...

They clearly weren't in stock when you ordered them.

In other news, my friend ordered 2 of one of the books. He got an email from amazon saying the pricing was an error, but it was their mistake so they'll honor it. However, they will only sell one of each at that price.

It sounds to me like those who ordered 1 of each will get them.

karamazov80
03-08-2010, 07:12 AM
I read the same thing elsewhere, where people who ordered 2 were SOL for the 2nd copy. I didn't order any multiples, and so far have received no e-mail, so. . .here's to hoping they get shipped.

I should note from prior experience, that Amazon has cancelled an order I placed where some items were incorrectly priced. So if they didn't honor those prices, it wouldn't be the first time.

kazukijun
03-08-2010, 07:14 AM
They clearly weren't in stock when you ordered them.

In other news, my friend ordered 2 of one of the books. He got an email from amazon saying the pricing was an error, but it was their mistake so they'll honor it. However, they will only sell one of each at that price.

ahh...thks for the info.

I ordered the Ultimates Omnibus, here's hoping it won't get cancelled and they will honor the price.

ozzfan84
03-08-2010, 07:32 AM
I read the same thing elsewhere, where people who ordered 2 were SOL for the 2nd copy. I didn't order any multiples, and so far have received no e-mail, so. . .here's to hoping they get shipped.

I should note from prior experience, that Amazon has cancelled an order I placed where some items were incorrectly priced. So if they didn't honor those prices, it wouldn't be the first time.

Did they send you an email about it the time they did cancel?

drbrad1975
03-08-2010, 07:43 AM
ahh...thks for the info.

I ordered the Ultimates Omnibus, here's hoping it won't get cancelled and they will honor the price.

They will. Here is a copy of the email they are sending out.

Hello,

We're contacting you about order #103-0991563-2237832. Unfortunately, we recently discovered that an error caused the following item(s) to be displayed at an incorrect price:

Daredevil Omnibus, Vol. 1

At any given time, despite our best efforts, a small number of the millions of items on our site may be mispriced. However, this was our mistake, and we'll honor the incorrect price for one of the items you ordered. We're unable to honor the price for multiple quantities of this item. Therefore, we've adjusted the quantity of your order to "1." We're sorry for the disappointing news.

The correct price is listed on our website now, so if you'd like to place another order for more of this item, you can do so here:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/[ASIN]/

We value your business and hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com

Please note: this e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

Matt13
03-08-2010, 08:11 AM
Still no email here about being shipped or cancelled. I didn't order crazy amounts or very many so hopefully it goes through.

Shai
03-08-2010, 09:04 AM
Kudos to those who will get theirs.Awesome deals.

Oat Willy
03-08-2010, 12:09 PM
Looks like everyone that ordered 1 copy of any of them are having their orders fulfilled. People that ordered multiples saw their orders cut down to 1 copy each, but they are honering them.

i don't know why, but at the time of ordering i was all super-selective and only got 5 omnis. why I didn't just order 1 of each of the $8 ones is beyond me. I'm kicking myself today! :banghead

NotDolls
03-08-2010, 01:39 PM
Yeah, I did the same thing, got only 5 and am kicking myself, that being said I still picked up hundreds of dollars worth of trades for $40. I'm the most excited for the Invincible one, was looking at it this weekend for $125, now I got it for $8.

karamazov80
03-08-2010, 02:03 PM
Did they send you an email about it the time they did cancel?
They did. . . . .

dr_teng
03-08-2010, 02:16 PM
Just had my Ultimates Omnibus ship, it's the one I wanted the most, so I'm pretty happy. :chew

JediFirefly
03-08-2010, 03:27 PM
Well I ordered 15 different books. Only 1 of the books was and still is listed as in stock. I really hope I get all of these as I actually want to read them. I have not gotten any shipping or cancel notices yet.
If anyone actually gets a shipping notice and receives the book please post to give others some hope.

Gundam
03-08-2010, 05:16 PM
Ummm...sales don't last forever, which is why it is a sale....:lol

Thanks for being helpfull smartass. I was just wondering if there was a code or any special link to use to get to the sale prices. :thwak

ozzfan84
03-09-2010, 03:54 AM
amazon cancelled my order:

Hello,

Our records indicate you recently ordered 'The Ultimates Omnibus
Fantastic Four Omnibus, Vol. 1 (v. 1)
The X-Men Omnibus, Vol. 1
Wolverine Omnibus, Vol. 1
Daredevil Omnibus, Vol. 1
Daredevil by Brian Michael Bendis & Alex Maleev Omnibus, Vol. 2
Invincible Iron Man Omnibus, Vol. 1'. Unfortunately, due to a pricing error, we sold many more than expected. In fact, we completely sold out — we don't have any in stock right now, and we're not even sure if we'll be able to get more.

As a result, we've had to cancel your order. I realize this is disappointing news, and I'm so sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

You may want to check our website from time to time to see if this item is available. If anyone is selling it, you'll see a "More Buying Choices" box on the product detail page; if it's not available from any sellers, you might see an "Order it used" or "Alert me" link. "Order it used" allows you to place a pre-order for the item in case another seller lists the item for sale later. "Alert me" allows you to sign up so we can e-mail you when Amazon has stock available for purchase.

I'm sorry I don't have better news. We hope to see you again soon.

NotDolls
03-09-2010, 07:40 AM
Yeah, Amazon cancelled my order as well. All sold out :( I ordered five things so I was hoping at least one would ship...

risingstar
03-09-2010, 07:42 AM
I also got cancelled. All ten omnibuseseses.

karamazov80
03-09-2010, 07:44 AM
Mine was canceled as well :(

sigep756
03-09-2010, 08:34 AM
Hmmm, no word from Amazon for me yet, for good or bad. I'm betting I get cancelled as well. Drat!

ozzfan84
03-09-2010, 08:46 AM
Check your account. Some have been cancelled with no email.

fuzzylojiks
03-09-2010, 08:47 AM
Check your account. Some have been cancelled with no email.

yep, checked the site and I have no record of any orders (ordered 10 them). never got an email either.

kazukijun
03-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Order got canceled.....sucks and no courtesy email as well.

jinxx
03-09-2010, 12:42 PM
That's so wrong. Amazon should honour those orders if they want to keep their customers.

Kain's Ancient Blade
03-09-2010, 02:56 PM
All 6 I ordered are gone. No email notification whatsoever.

karamazov80
03-09-2010, 03:02 PM
That's so wrong. Amazon should honour those orders if they want to keep their customers.
I don't think Amazon is real concerned. First off, the people affected are a pretty dang small percentage of their customer base, and secondly, we're all gonna keep ordering from them anyway. The free shipping with $25 and generally good prices and wide selection from a trusted seller (in terms of getting stuff to you when it is in stock) is too much working in their favor.

I've probably ordered from them 100 times and only had 2 orders canceled, both because of a glitch in their system or someone making a pricing mistake. That's a pretty good track record.

Matt13
03-09-2010, 04:18 PM
Mine got cancelled.

dr_teng
03-10-2010, 09:07 AM
Some people (including some of my own friends) are reporting getting in touch with Amazon's CS and getting a gift certificate for compensation. Just express your disappointment with how they handled it and you might be able to get a small part of your order restored, or a $20-$25 GC.

Mr ?
03-10-2010, 09:32 AM
I got an e-mail stating my order was canceled, then a second e-mail with a tracking number for my shipment!

I guess mine got in just under the wire cause it will be at my house today!

Whew.

karamazov80
03-10-2010, 09:38 AM
Some people (including some of my own friends) are reporting getting in touch with Amazon's CS and getting a gift certificate for compensation. Just express your disappointment with how they handled it and you might be able to get a small part of your order restored, or a $20-$25 GC.
Hey, I'm not above doing that for a possible gift card! :rock

ozzfan84
03-10-2010, 01:36 PM
I got this email:

Hello,

We wanted to follow up on a recent message we sent about the cancellation of
your recent order.

To recap: Due to a pricing error, we sold many more graphic novels than
expected. In fact, we completely sold out — we don't have any in stock right
now, and we're not sure when we'll be able to get more.

We're sorry for any frustration the issue may have caused, and have applied a
$25 promotional certificate to your account.

You can use it the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com.
You'll see your available promotional balance at checkout--this amount will be
applied to your next order automatically without entering a claim code.

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/

Please note: this e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot
accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

but there's no $25 in my account. How bout you?

dr_teng
03-10-2010, 02:29 PM
Just email or call them. Apparently they sent the email to pretty much everyone that ordered, but it didn't auto-apply to a bunch of accounts.

fuzzylojiks
03-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Yeah just got that same email too, at least got a 25$ voucher lol.

ozzfan84
03-10-2010, 02:52 PM
teng and fuzzy, is it in your accounts?

fuzzylojiks
03-10-2010, 02:53 PM

There's no record of it in my accounts at all last I checked.

dr_teng
03-10-2010, 02:59 PM

Yep, and it's in some other people's accounts I know as well.

Mr ?
03-10-2010, 08:04 PM
The Daredevil Omnibus arrived at the house today..woo!