New Nirvana/Kurt Cobain Biopic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pixletwin

Malalaking Gagamba
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
https://www.filmsy.com/news/ewan-mcgregor-to-play-kurt-cobain-in-new-nirvana-movie/

Edit: here is a more current link to news https://www.rollingstone.com/rockda...es-along-as-fans-mark-nirvana-icons-birthday/

It's based on the book Heavier Than Heaven which I thought was a pretty even handed and well written biography.

As for Ewan... not sure he is right for the job, though he did look a bit like Kurt in Velvet Goldmine.

Velvet%20Goldmine%20pic%202%20.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Ewan McGregor to Play Kurt Cobain in New Nirvana Movie

Yeah I agree. That was a really good movie.

Finally!! Ive actually heard about this movie about three years ago, so I kind of figured they jusy gave up. But I guess Im happily disappointed!:banana

EDIT: Does that article say 2007? :(

Hehe, Marc made a :duh thread.

You shoulda just made a fake "HT's ________" thread instead. :lol

The producers are moving ahead and have replaced the old team with a much better team. I really enjoyed the Dylan movie "I'm Not There".

I don't think so. Glad of it too. He is a good actor but he is not a twenty something guy and I think he is begining to pass the point of believability on that.

Nirvana is one of the most overrated bands of all time, Kurt Cobain only knew three chords on guitar, if that. lol!

Well, first off, artistic ability isn't directly a function of one's technical skill. There are various measuring sticks, but the ability to convey an idea and to connect with your audience are pretty dang important. And whatever you think of their ability or the quality of their music, there is no denying Nirvana's influence on music and pop culture generally.

Nirvana is one of the most overrated bands of all time, Kurt Cobain only knew three chords on guitar, if that. lol!

Thank you for confirming to me that your thoughts about your musical knowledge is a bit bloated and overblown. :wave

I laugh at the guys in guitar center who think they are musical tech wizards because they know crappy German metal riffs.

Back