Black Cat Custom Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if thats wrong, I dont wanna be right lol. Ya your right on the money, she looks a bit mad and her boobs arnt quite right.

RuPaul.jpg

her boobs are bigger than her head.
Makeup looks kind of trampy.
I like that she has curves though

The issue with the boobs is that they don't have the proper "connected" look. The rest looks good, but it seems like the sculptor just took two round globs of clay and stuck them to the front. Mot to mention it looks like the sculptor took a lot of time smoothing and streamlining to give a soft appearance to the rest of the statue..but left the boobs rough. So the one part that SHOULD have a soft look, has a hard rocky look.

Still a pretty good sculpt IMO (barring the chest).

I don't think I've ever seen this sculpt from John Wright.

Does not seem like his work, as every sculpt I've ever had from him was very well done and didn't have any of the mistakes that this one has.

Me thinks the seller is pulling the wool over peoples eyes and trying to claim it's John's work. John would never let this outta his hands without it being 100% done and complete - he prides himself on that!

I've owned almost everyone of his sculpts at one time. I have Miss Problemo, Elvira, Pamela Anderson - Barb Wire and Julie Strain - Strained to the limit right now. I kinda wittled away at what I had and kept my most favorites.

Elvira is a 1 piece sculpt - she's laying on a stone slab on a ruffled blanket. It's got to be the easiest piece to ever prep and paint - no air bubbles and literrally just wash and paint, amazing work.

Cheers, Carl

Hmmmm....

The statue's face reminds me of Eartha Kitt. Or lil' Kim before she went MJ on her nose!:lol

But yeah, her boobs....:horror

Back