Custom Millenium Falcon stand for my Han

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d_jedi1

Super Freak
Reaction score
Custom Millenium Falcon stand round 2 on page two.. now with WIP pics!

So I've bought a few extra hatless Indy heads from Toy Anxiety since they first started carrying them. I've since made a Deckard and Han..
Anyway, the guy downstairs was doing some sort of renovation and had leftover wood sitting on the porch so I slapped some sheet styrene and some parts from my collection of crap for greeblies. Cannibalized a sideshow figure stand and after some paint and weathering..

P1070983.jpg

P1070984.jpg

P1070985.jpg

P1070986.jpg

P1070987.jpg

I'm digging this stand :D

Last edited:
That looks brilliant ! It just shows all you need is a bit of imagination , a few bits and bobs and of course the skills to put it all together to produce a professionally finished piece . Excellent work .:cool:

Great work D_J looks really cool. love the detail and weathering, don't supose you want to finish the rest of my falcon cockpit LOL, I just cant seem to find any hours left in the day LOL.

Are you gonna do any other, a Sand one would be cool, or a pilot one.

mark

excellent work, so many brilliant people on this board.

That's one sweet stand! Hopefully you got some ideas for other ones.If you could do a carbon freezing chamber room floor tile (with lights:D) for Bespin Han, that's be awesome.

Good work.

Great work D_J looks really cool. love the detail and weathering, don't supose you want to finish the rest of my falcon cockpit LOL, I just cant seem to find any hours left in the day LOL.

Are you gonna do any other, a Sand one would be cool, or a pilot one.

mark

Actually, my Indy is on a sand base lol
If I were close enough, I'd LOVE to detail your Falcon. Thats a fine piece of craftsmanship.

Thanks guys.
For the paint-job, I did a base-coat of white and then used three shades of gray to give it the "feel" of the falcon, the last of which was a misting of light aircraft gray.
So on the weathering, obviously, for the oil leaks or whatever, I used thinned down black paint in several layers. I added light gray (slate gray to be precise) streaks in various locations to emulate water stains as if it had sat out too long or something. For the rust spots, I actually use rust I have a small container that I deliberately rusted some steel wool in and ground it down into a fine powder. I dip my fingertip or a q-tip (cotton swab) into the rust and carefully work it into the paint. Doesn't take much effort. In some areas I applied superglue and baking soda (for a crusty look) which I then painted rust brown and surrounded with real rust.. I sealed it with a flat clear cote and called it done.

I have recieved PMs concernign the Falcon base.. as to whether or not I'm planning to cast copies and sell them. I wouldn't know how and don't really have the available resources, but if anyone wants to take on the task, I'd be willing to ship it to whomever would be willing.
That said.. there are a couple of bits that might make it difficult. the round vents on the front are from an electric shaver and could make casting difficult (but again, I don't know).
Anyway, I've decided to make a second one because I still had enough stuff to make ONE more... see, I had someone ask about me casting up copies while I don't have the resources/knowhow, I did decide to make him a copy since I had JUST enough to make one more. (I know, sorry guys..) Anyway, I have been documenting this one

I started by cutting my board
P1080005.jpg

Then, I skinnned it with Sheet styrene (that I had pre-scored to simulate hull panels)
P1080006.jpg

added some detail
P1080007.jpg

started adding the base for the stand
P1080008.jpg

P1080009.jpg

P1080010.jpg

added my commtech chips (yes, THOSE commtech chips)
P1080012.jpg

Last edited:
P1080013.jpg

P1080014.jpg

added some pipes (along with other greeblies)
P1080015.jpg

P1080016.jpg

added my shaver foils :D
P1080017.jpg

and some pieces to raise it up
P1080018.jpg

side-by side, this ones slightly larger
P1080019.jpg

P1080020.jpg

P1080021.jpg

Back