Buzzybean in da house!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buzzybean

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey gang,

I'm Buzzybean and a big fan of all this stuff! I have most of Sideshow's Universal Monster stuff which I consider to be some of the best stuff ever done! I've also picked up some of the Planet of the Apes line and plan to complete that collection soon. It's amazing to have high-quality figures of the apes I grew up with. My Mom, rest her soul, bought me all the POA Mego dolls when I was a kid. I loved those back then and now these 12" figures make me just as giddy!

I've passed on Sideshow's Marvel stuff as I'm more a fan of Marvel's Silver Age and the pieces released so far seem directd toward a more "modern" market. I do think the Elektra figure is boss and may eventually add that to my collection. I would love to see SS do a more "classic" Spider-Man based on the great John Romita. I've never been a fan of the new, slinky, big-eyed Spidey. I notice Toy Biz is starting to lean more towards "classic" Spidey with their toy lines. Their current packaging art is sporting a much better looking Spidey than they have had in the past.

I've been e-mailing Sideshow for years in hopes they inquire the JAWS license and I'm happy to see they got it, or at least part of it. I'm behind on news so I'm not exactly sure what we'll be seeing other than the Bruce maquette. I think the sculpt of Bruce looks great but would prefer him resting on clear support poles. Anyways, it's great to see a new JAWS item as I am a huge fan!

Check out my site when you get a chance! There's a great big JAWS section and my Comic Book Culture section features many pics of my figure collection. I have a ton of statues and stuff to add and will do so as time permits.

On the disco round,

BB
www.buzzybean.com

Howdy BB! I've seen you frequently over at Statue Forum.
Good to see you here now as well! I've also checked out your
site in the past - many great pictures of some cool very items!

JS :wave

Thanks JS! And I'm glad you enjoy my site. Looks like lots of great stuff coming down the pike for us statue fans! Enjoy your hobby!

Tappin' into the savings,

BB

What the ^^^^ is the internet?

review_pamv_1.jpg

Sorry 'bout that. I wanted to thank him for his nice compliment. I missed it the first time around.

BB

No worries...I was trying to figure out the dates on the thread and thought it looked pretty funny...I'd say welcome but you've been around longer than me..:D

Back