Officially Licensed TRON LEGACY:RINZLER-TRON Promo Video Added 11/16

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAVIDYR1

Freaked Out
Reaction score
SAMQUORRAFINAL.jpg

Universal Designs Ltd. has been licensed to design, manufacture, market and deliver TRON LEGACY Movie Replica Suits, Outerwear and Accessories by Disney Consumer Products.

It's with great pride that we announce our second studio license...and while still very early, pre-production has already begun on bringing these incredible movie suits to life as real world/wearable...and functional 'Movie Replica Garments'.

As the film debut draws closer, we'll have more...much, much more to show and discuss in detail.

Product introduction will be added shortly at www.udreplicas.com

Get ready guys AND gals.....the ride is about to start.

David
Universal Designs Ltd.

Last edited:
Re: Officially Licensed TRON LEGACY - Movie Replica Suits, Outerwear and Accessories

Sweetness. I would be totally down for a trackjacket or something. Anything in the works for Tron-the orig?

Re: Officially Licensed TRON LEGACY - Movie Replica Suits, Outerwear and Accessories

Tron guy is overjoyed.
tron_guy.jpg

As much as I love Tron, if I see anyone walking around wearing one of these replica bodysuits in public I'm going to have to hit them...just out of principle. :D

prepare to get a data disk up your ass...:lol

Thanks for making this a true Tron thread by posting that awful picture...

This is cool news! I told my wife that Tron is more near and dear to me than LOTR and that she should be worried about my spending habits this year.

I'd much prefer if Sideshow puts out some decent stuff with the license. PF's done right could be incredibly cool. If they could get them to light up = best thing ever.

We're getting a LOT of questions about the lights...will they light up? How will they light up?

....so here's the short answer. :)

YouTube - udrtron.mpg

The Sam and Quorra - Movie Replica Motorcycle suits are almost ready.

There's a lot more on the way......

David

Just watched the vid...And I got to say the light up seems pretty awesome...Can wait to see thefinished product and the movie...:hi5:

Some of our Tron-SDC-Con pics....:) Jacket with real lights coming shortly.

026.jpg

054.jpg

042.jpg

032.jpg

028.jpg

017.jpg

016.jpg

More to come!

David

do you guys do anything on the lower end, like a track jacket or something?

Here's a cool article from Turbo.fm

TLBooth.jpg

Full article here... https://www.turbo.fm/featured/2010/7/22/costumes-no-this-is-safety-gear.html

Big thanks guys for the article.:hi5:

do you guys do anything on the lower end, like a track jacket or something?

For the time being our focus with Tron Legacy is full replica movie suits, however we'd never discard the idea of introducing a simple Tron Inspired biker jacket that could fit that request.
Regardless, I think many will be pleasantly surprised by our price points for these movie replica suits...and single components like jackets alone can always be purchased separately.
We're almost ready... :)

David

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the seperate jacket is affordable. I don't even ride motorcycles, but the Tron Nerd cred is too cool to pass up!

This weekend we had The Fan Expo here in Toronto, and a big thanks to all who stopped by!

Our Tron Legacy suits were on hand and being worn by our 'Official' UD Model Mike in the Sam suit, and the lovely Liana K. in the Quorra suit.

The suits shown here are done with light sensitive-reflective finished leather. The show floor was extremely well lit but you can still see how the white details were set off by the camera flashes. This in a bright environment, just imagine in a darker room or after sunset. :)

012.jpg

011.jpg

013.jpg

015.jpg

023.jpg

021.jpg

017.jpg

009.jpg

We also had the Sam Tron Legacy jacket on display in the Tron booth...with working lights. Here's a short video showing the lights flickering and you can see the lights really well in the reflection on the back wall...sorry that it's rotated.
The inverters powering the 100 square inches of light have different settings...from 'always on' to different flickering speeds. We had it flickering because that way the battery charge would easily last 10+ hours. With the lights always on, the charge is 5 hours. Still a good amount of time, but the show days were longer than 5 hours....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/wksuPxiUrSU?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/wksuPxiUrSU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Now...about this light up jacket...
This is STILL THE PROTOTYPE! It's no where near being done. It's a fantastic garment with incredible potential but once we have a final prototype that we're fully satisfied with, then and only then will further details be made available.
We want to see this hit the market ASAP, however the added complexities associated to the introduction of these lamps needs to first be dealt with... most importantly from a production stand point. Once we're ready we'll update this accordingly.

More to come!

Rimma

SAMQUORRAFINAL.jpg

TRON LEGACY Movie Replica Motorcycle Suits: Sam Flynn and Quorra.
Form molded leather, silicone print hexagon patterns and form molded 'Disk' on back of jackets. White piping is an incredibly light sensitive 'reflective' - custom treated leather finish.
Jackets, pants, boots and gloves! .......................They're coming!

Rimma

Re: Officially Licensed TRON LEGACY - Movie Replica Suits. Updated 9/10

Thanks for the update on these! I am still not sure I would be able to afford the jacket, but they are amazing looking!

Tron Legacy: Movie Replica Motorcycle Suits
Sam Flynn and Quorra
Now Online!
Universal Designs Ltd.

sam-large.jpg

quorra-large.jpg

Individual garments will also be made available for purchase over the next few days.

David

Cool but I wouldn't be caught dead wearing them riding a motorcycle.

I wouldn't be caught dead wearing them riding a motorcycle.

:goodpost:

All these "motorcycle" suits are just too funny...:lol I ride everyday and I'm not sure which are worse. these suits or the chaps and tassels ...:slap

Back