Natalie Portman sculpt in process.....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clotho0377

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Been a fan of Sideshow for a while and a lurker on this board. However, since there's been so much talk about sculpts and likenesses and you guys have given some pretty tough critiques, I'd like to offer my OWN sculpt of Natalie Portman up for critique. I've been working on this 21" figure/doll for a few months now and would like some feedback. After I'm done I'd like to cast her in resin and make the white battle outfit for her. The first pic is just one taken of her headsculpt and taken into photoshop to add pupils and eyebrows (to see if it looks kinda like her) The others are various body shots. Let me know what you think PLEASE!!!!

Natalie_face.jpg

Nat_01.jpg

Nat_02.jpg

Nat_03.jpg

Nat_04.jpg

Thanks, Paul
https://www.paul-pham.com

that looks really fantastic Paul, could you make me a 1/1 scale living-breathing version? :wacky

youve got talent !!!!! let us know through all the steps.

Great work............she already looks like her character in V for Vendetta.

NICE!
Yes! Keep us posted on this!

Have you done any other sculpting or likenesses?

*ss*

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the comments. Actually, I have sculpted before, but mainly non-realistic stylized characters---this is my first "likeness" that I've tried. The head that you see in the pics is the 3rd attempt at Natalie's likeness. The second one, you can see inthe bottom corner of some of the pics. The first did not turn out like her at all so it was scrapped---I now wish I had taken reference photos of it, oh well. I can't wait till this is casted and I get to paint her features in! I'll keep posting progress pics on this board as she comes along. Again, any critiques would be appreciated!!!

Thanks, Paul
https://www.paul-pham.com

Clotho0377 said:
Let me know what you think PLEASE!!!!

very nice sculpt. at first i thought it was sideshow photos from the production blog!

if i had any suggestions, it would be to thin the cheeks out a little and rework the ears so they match natalie's "elf like" ears. but she looks great! you are very talented! keep us posted on this figure's progress.:peace

Great work............she already looks like her character in V for Vendetta.

Did anyone see Natalie on the cover of Entertainment Weekly? She is a real fox, a stunner IMHO.

:wacky

Clotho0377 said:
Hey everyone,

... Again, any critiques would be appreciated!!!

The chin might be a "bit" wide, a bit "soft". Not much, and it could be just the photos.

Um, about the body, I ran across some pics of her on a beach once and her body is a different shape, if you want to get anatomical on her torso.

Impressive work.

Amazing work, I can only hope the Sideshow version is as good.
I agree that Portman's body is different than the doll's. The straight on shot looks fantastic and the 3/4 view is great too but the corners of her mouth look *slightly* off from the ref. pic, the lips don't blend into the face the same way, but it could just be the photo/lighting. Your paintings are amazing as well. I'd LOVE a print of the sisters of Fate from your website. :peace

Paul, your work is very inspiring. The proportions of your sculpt match the reference photo perfectly!

It looks just about 100% perfect. The only thing I can see is the bottom lip needs to blend in more at the sides into the check. But I'm not sure if you're going for exactly what you see in the pics you posted. I haven't studied Portman's face any so you might have seen something in another picture (perhaps a younger pic of her) that you're trying to bring into this sculpt. If you want it to look identical to what you see in the pics, then the bottom lip needs to blend more at the sides just a little. But that's nit picking to me, It looks AMAZING!
:clap :clap :bow :bow :bow

Entropy Chicken said:
the corners of her mouth look *slightly* off from the ref. pic, the lips don't blend into the face the same way, but it could just be the photo/lighting. Your paintings are amazing as well. I'd LOVE a print of the sisters of Fate from your website. :peace

screamingmetal said:
The only thing I can see is the bottom lip needs to blend in more at the sides into the check. If you want it to look identical to what you see in the pics, then the bottom lip needs to blend more at the sides just a little.

Thanks everyone for your posts and comments!!! Which print were you looking at EntropyChicken?? The one with the Fates at the left side of the screen or the one with them in the illustration "Blood Brothers"? I can send you a larger scan if you want. This has been very helpful!! Seeing a sculpt everyday, you can miss a lot of things. I totally agree with you guys on the lip issues. Yeah I'll need to add some more sculpy to the bottom sides of her lower lip a bit more to make it blend in more smoothly--it does dip inward a bit too much. And yeah I saw the pics of Natalie on a beach too and since this is more a "doll" I wanted to elongate her a bit more and make her waist a bit thinner, so yeah the body is not really hers :angelsmil Keep em coming!!!

Thanks SO MUCH!!! Paul

Back