Bowen Needs an Overhaul!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hulksmashed

Super Freak
Reaction score
For the most part I enjoy Bowen statues. The hulks are amazing, I like many of thier FB pieces, and the large character selection. So this is by no means a "Bowen Bashing" thread!

That being said, does anyone else feel that Bowen Designs is a bit ARCHAIC in Design? Not the product, but the company itself!! I can't think of ANY other websites that still do not have a log in system for returning customers. Especially when they offer a MEMBERSHIP!!

I would also like to point out that when you order a statue and enter a membership number and zip code you can add ANY 4 digit number and any zip code and the system will update to reflect the discounted price. Even if it isnt reflected in the final billing. This is just silly! How easy would it be to have a "sorry you have entered an invalid member number" if you put in the wrong pin? And further more....if you order something and have a membership the price reduction is reflected at final billing whether you have entered the number or not...so why bother HAVING a member number? :confused:

Last and not least, I have ordered a number of things directly from Bowen and in every case I get an e-mail from a different source/person. Making it near impossible to just check back through e-mail quickly to look at orders placed!

So, if you happen to be a Bowen spy *cough Holdyourfireal cough*....maybe you could just pass the word on to Bowen?? :monkey3

i think these are all pretty silly nitpicks. their ordering system and customer service, for the most part, is fine. As a member I can place an order and receive my discount just fine. as for emails, they have 2 customer service people, so any email I get from them will be from either two.

Could they make improvements...sure: I'd personally like a 10-20 day warning they will be charging my card when a statue is close to shipping, and I'd also like an email w/tracking # once the item is shipped. I'd also like a no questions asked return option/policy, just in case I recieve an item only to find out they screwed the pooch on the paint apps, which has been happening w/a lot of their pieces.

i think these are all pretty silly nitpicks. their ordering system and customer service, for the most part, is fine. As a member I can place an order and receive my discount just fine. as for emails, they have 2 customer service people, so any email I get from them will be from either two.

Could they make improvements...sure: I'd personally like a 10-20 day warning they will be charging my card when a statue is close to shipping, and I'd also like an email w/tracking # once the item is shipped. I'd also like a no questions asked return option/policy, just in case I recieve an item only to find out they screwed the pooch on the paint apps, which has been happening w/a lot of their pieces.

Nah dude...a log in for order history isnt a luxery anymore, its a requirement.

Also, I have order confirmations from two different people, "noreply", "Bowen designs" and another I can't think of off the top of my head.

Also, I tried to renew my membership along with a statue and accidentally put the wrong number in. Never recieved an error message and got a "confirmation e-mail" that had a subject of "FB Juggernaut and Membership renewal" I never bothered to check it, and eventually found out the body of the e-mail said "1 x FB Juggernaut; 0 x Membership renewal" and that was it. No explaination at all. Almost missed out on price reductions as a result!

For the most part I enjoy Bowen statues. The hulks are amazing, I like many of thier FB pieces, and the large character selection. So this is by no means a "Bowen Bashing" thread!

That being said, does anyone else feel that Bowen Designs is a bit ARCHAIC in Design? Not the product, but the company itself!! I can't think of ANY other websites that still do not have a log in system for returning customers. Especially when they offer a MEMBERSHIP!!

I would also like to point out that when you order a statue and enter a membership number and zip code you can add ANY 4 digit number and any zip code and the system will update to reflect the discounted price. Even if it isnt reflected in the final billing. This is just silly! How easy would it be to have a "sorry you have entered an invalid member number" if you put in the wrong pin? And further more....if you order something and have a membership the price reduction is reflected at final billing whether you have entered the number or not...so why bother HAVING a member number? :confused:

Last and not least, I have ordered a number of things directly from Bowen and in every case I get an e-mail from a different source/person. Making it near impossible to just check back through e-mail quickly to look at orders placed!

So, if you happen to be a Bowen spy *cough Holdyourfireal cough*....maybe you could just pass the word on to Bowen?? :monkey3

I disagree, Bowen has formed a company and process that works for them who are you to say they need to fix certain things about there company. It not like people are getting burned or there putting out crappy products. (do you have stock options?) Also every company has there own way of dealling with things, i know business owners that still rely on paper and pen receipts! Yeah its caveman style of thinking but there business is running and there making money.

I disagree, Bowen has formed a company and process that works for them who are you to say they need to fix certain things about there company. It not like people are getting burned or there putting out crappy products. (do you have stock options?) Also every company has there own way of dealling with things, i know business owners that still rely on paper and pen receipts! Yeah its caveman style of thinking but there business is running and there making money.

well...I guess you're right! I should just be happy that they provide pictures of thier products and not cave drawings.

I would imagine that these business owners that rely on paper and pen reciepts don't do much in the way of online sales though. If Bowen has a walk in store I retract my statement. If he is exclusively online then there is no excuse! That would be like having a walk in store and keeping the door locked cause it was too much work to open it up!

Bowen is primarily a company that markets and sells it's products through the regular distribution chain, but also, secondary to that, offers direct sales to their fans. As such, I think they do a pretty good job. Sideshow is the opposite...they are set up mainly as a direct to the fans sales company, that also distributes to shops through the distribution chain, but they are primarily a direct to consumers company. So you can't really compare the two in terms of website setup and ordering etc. it's apples to oranges

Bowen is primarily a company that markets and sells it's products through the regular distribution chain, but also, secondary to that, offers direct sales to their fans. As such, I think they do a pretty good job. Sideshow is the opposite...they are set up mainly as a direct to the fans sales company, that also distributes to shops through the distribution chain, but they are primarily a direct to consumers company. So you can't really compare the two in terms of website setup and ordering etc. it's apples to oranges

While that is a good point, I would argue that Bowen is offering more and more website exclusives and membership exclusives. Makes me think they are trying to get more direct business and would be greatly helped by a user friendly website.

Again I would like to point out that I buy from Bowen! I've never had an issue, its just never been an especially wonderful experience. How much time do people spend on the Sideshow website, even when they arent looking to order something?

If Sideshow and Bowen were walk in stores, i just have this picture that Sideshow would be a 5th avenue, New York shop, and Bowen would be standing on a street corner selling all his crap out of a carboard box.

While that is a good point, I would argue that Bowen is offering more and more website exclusives and membership exclusives. Makes me think they are trying to get more direct business and would be greatly helped by a user friendly website.

Again I would like to point out that I buy from Bowen! I've never had an issue, its just never been an especially wonderful experience. How much time do people spend on the Sideshow website, even when they arent looking to order something?

If Sideshow and Bowen were walk in stores, i just have this picture that Sideshow would be a 5th avenue, New York shop, and Bowen would be standing on a street corner selling all his crap out of a carboard box.

but that's not to bash Bowen:lol

BD is offering more site exclusives b/c their ES runs have gone to poo :rotfl

but that's not to bash Bowen:lol

No actually it isnt. The venue of sale doesnt need to have a reflection on quality of merchandise. Im simply saying that if he took that box and put his product in a 5th avenue store he would do better then he already is!

I have to agree...saying "they found a process that works, so they stick to it" is a little silly. Personally, I have found myself not ordering from their site because the process is too arduous.

I would like to think that if Bowen himself were to stumble upon this thread and read the OP's comments he would take the constructive criticism to heart and not adopt a defensive attitude.

What self respecting businessperson would not like to hear feedback on how they can improve a customer's overall experience in their store or on their website??

Happy customers make frequent purchases, unhappy customers look for alternatives.

Over the past few years on line retailing has become a more popular option with consumers. The last thing any online retailer wants if for customers to perceive that negotiating their website is "slow", "clunky", "confusing" or a general pain in the butt. There are simply too many online competitors in today's environment.

but why would you post on a complaints on a SS thread.??! Why wouldn't you send Bowen and email directly... Rather then start a thread at some random website, and rant how crappy there technology is without bowen to be around.

When people complain about SS products they go and ask dusty directly Or post in a thread here. where sideshow is active.

I would like to think that if Bowen himself were to stumble upon this thread and read the OP's comments he would take the constructive criticism to heart and not adopt a defensive attitude.

What self respecting businessperson would not like to hear feedback on how they can improve a customer's overall experience in their store or on their website??

Happy customers make frequent purchases, unhappy customers look for alternatives.

Over the past few years on line retailing has become a more popular option with consumers. The last thing any online retailer wants if for customers to perceive that negotiating their website is "slow", "clunky", "confusing" or a general pain in the butt. There are simply too many online competitors in today's environment.

This is true. You get a +1.

but why would you post on a complaints on a SS thread.??! Why wouldn't you send Bowen and email directly... Rather then start a thread at some random website, and rant how crappy there technology is without bowen to be around.

When people complain about SS products they go and ask dusty directly Or post in a thread here. where sideshow is active.

Maybe he wanted to hear what other people thought or see if they had the same issues. Whats wrong with that?

Back