Too much stuff at once...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oat Willy

Super Freak
Reaction score
First, let me just say that I don't buy all that much stuff. At least not by the standards of most of you. But now I know what you guys mean w/'all the stuff coming at once' comments. In Dec/Jan 7 pieces I had orders on were released, 1 of which was the $500 Man Thing. I had to scramble, requesting Flex Pay on all the Sideshow pieces (2 were direct from Bowen), and I had to call my CC company to have my limit raised just so I could swing everything without cancelling any of it. What a headache! :google

/\ I don't man! I really don't buy all that much. Those 7 pieces were pretty much it for 2010. They just happened to all come out at once

Lots of quality pieces will be released in 2010. The only way to survive it is to be a discriminating collector. I've picked up Venom and Mystique, and the only other things this year on my shopping list are:

Spider-Man CQ
Carnage CQ
Gandalf the Grey PF
TMNT CQ's

I'd love to go after Psylocke, but even with the statues spread out, I'm thinking that might have to be it.

Yeah it was a hectic beginning of the year for me to, i think i got like 4 things between end of december til when Elektra made it to my door just 2 weeks ago!!

and and i still have Punisher CQ coming anyday and not far behind that i Scarlet Witch CQ coming to, thats why i mainly stick to one line or two.

Right now it's all about Marvel and the 12inch Joe line :D

Lots of quality pieces will be released in 2010. The only way to survive it is to be a discriminating collector. I've picked up Venom and Mystique, and the only other things this year on my shopping list are:

Spider-Man CQ
Carnage CQ
Gandalf the Grey PF
TMNT CQ's

I'd love to go after Psylocke, but even with the statues spread out, I'm thinking that might have to be it.

Yeah bro, totally agree with you about being a discriminating collector. Having self control and determining whether a piece fits well into your collection well and how it looks is important even if the financial aspect is not a problem. :duh The 'must have all' mentality will be the downfall of most as SSC ramps up their production and diversifies to cater for all tastes. I really like all those choices of yours and I plan to have the first 3 as well :)

Last edited:
Hear me wine people!!! :violin:violin:violin

All I am going to get is a hair cut, re-new my driver license, and do my taxes. :mad:

Lol...welcome to my world. 2009 I could count all the pieces I preordered on one hand, and just bought some extra stuff that I decided I wanted after their release. This year is already kicking me in the nuts...2nd quarter alone is depleting my savings--Blade II figure, Wolverine PF, Jedi Luke, and I wanted to get the Vader 1:1 bust, but now its looking for an after thought until I get a job.

Lol...welcome to my world. 2009 I could count all the pieces I preordered on one hand, and just bought some extra stuff that I decided I wanted after their release. This year is already kicking me in the nuts...2nd quarter alone is depleting my savings--Blade II figure, Wolverine PF, Jedi Luke, and I wanted to get the Vader 1:1 bust, but now its looking for an after thought until I get a job.

It's going to be an escalating craziness especially for the completionists, as SSC starts creating more lines they will have to have everything... have two 1:1 pieces...we'll make 1 more to go with it. got an X-men dio, we'll make 2 more. This is working great for them, they create a first masterpiece then churn out a few more and people will get them even if they aren't as good as the first. Very good strategy on their part. I just collect what looks good to me. Like the first dio only? screw the other 2! :p

Last edited:
I agree Dont buy everything you see. have some will power

Nah, i gotta defend this guy a bit here. Like 20 things are coming within a months span. Its hard to just chalk it up to a lack-o-will power! And not 20 things that came out at the same time either! We are talking months and months worth of releases all coming out in one months time!

i think a lot of people are overwhelmed when they first get into this hobby. i remember back around 06 when i 1st found Sideshow and few other companies i was downright panicky for awhile. "agh! gotta sell a kidney!". that was the 1st time in my life that i really regretted not having studied more when younger. ya know...the whole "if i studied more-better college-better job---MORE TOYS!!"

you'll learn self restraint just out of necessity. or bump off a rich uncle lol

I have found myself in the same :banghead shape when it comes to New Items coming out, for myself I have told myself I will get it sooner or later with alot of things, the good thing is I can generally setup alot of new things in advance depending on what Quarter they are coming out in or Lay-a-Way at my LCS, The only decision I have really had to make is get Gambit or X-force, Gambit wins :rolleyes::D

It's going to be an escalating craziness especially for the completionists, as SSC starts creating more lines they will have to have everything... have two 1:1 pieces...we'll make 1 more to go with it. got an X-men dio, we'll make 2 more. This is working great for them, they create a first masterpiece then churn out a few more and people will get them even if they aren't as good as the first. Very good strategy on their part. I just collect what looks good to me. Like the first dio only? screw the other 2! :p

Yeah for sure. Luckily, I have my GF stooge-slap some sense into me every once in a while. She'll look at something I have on order and ask why I ordered it, and sometimes I just don't have an answer or than "To complete the rest of collection." I'm at the point where I only have stuff for characters I like. The completionist approach is very lame IMO because there are pieces in every line that are subpar....and "complete" is no excuse to spend money on them.

Yeah for sure. Luckily, I have my GF stooge-slap some sense into me every once in a while. She'll look at something I have on order and ask why I ordered it, and sometimes I just don't have an answer or than "To complete the rest of collection." I'm at the point where I only have stuff for characters I like. The completionist approach is very lame IMO because there are pieces in every line that are subpar....and "complete" is no excuse to spend money on them.

Yeah, my wife walks through and sees some of the stuff online and she's like 'whoa that thing is ugly!'. Being a guy, I agree with her some of the time and other times ugly is just cool! :D She loves my BIB Spidey but doesn't like Venom too much. :O

I have found myself in the same :banghead shape when it comes to New Items coming out, for myself I have told myself I will get it sooner or later with alot of things, the good thing is I can generally setup alot of new things in advance depending on what Quarter they are coming out in or Lay-a-Way at my LCS, The only decision I have really had to make is get Gambit or X-force, Gambit wins :rolleyes::D

one of the many decisions i have to make is either to keep on order or cancel Gambit, Ms Marvel and Hulkbuster. at least the diorama line sucks now so i don't have to worry about picking up any of them.:D
but damn ssc the hardest thing that i'm finding to stay away from is the great ladies that are getting made or rumored to be made this year.:banghead

The other thing besides costs that has been influencing my buying decisions is space and display. As a newbie, I was stunned at the size of my first two pieces. I'm currently finishing an office for myself which is where I plan on displaying my stuff. I've got to make sure that each piece will have a spot and that it'll look good with the other pieces.

Cost is important of course. I'm a teacher, so I don't have a ton of money for my hobby. Luckily my wife is nice enough to let me play with our disposable income every now and then!

The other thing besides costs that has been influencing my buying decisions is space and display. As a newbie, I was stunned at the size of my first two pieces. I'm currently finishing an office for myself which is where I plan on displaying my stuff. I've got to make sure that each piece will have a spot and that it'll look good with the other pieces.

Cost is important of course. I'm a teacher, so I don't have a ton of money for my hobby. Luckily my wife is nice enough to let me play with our disposable income every now and then!

Aye, I'm pretty much in the same boat as you spacewise, it has to fit in with the display and go well together. Cost probably isn't as much of a factor but looks and size is most important to me.

one of the many decisions i have to make is either to keep on order or cancel Gambit, Ms Marvel and Hulkbuster. at least the diorama line sucks now so i don't have to worry about picking up any of them.:D
but damn ssc the hardest thing that i'm finding to stay away from is the great ladies that are getting made or rumored to be made this year.:banghead

Yeah mate, they seem to be getting better and better at making the gals sculptwise.

Back