Medicom Darth Vader v1 Suit Issues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mywii

Super Freak
Reaction score
I believe I read somewhere that people are experiencing the vader suit peeling. Much to my dissappointment, mine started peeling too. Been hunting for a replacement suit but in vain. So I took the bold step of "dis-assemble" the suit, trace it to a similar material and manage to get a seamstress to fix it up....here the pics....

P1020255.jpg

P1020258.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Medicom Darth Vader

Haven't experienced peeling with mine...finally got around to padding him the other day and he looks awesome as ever :emperor

Thankfully, both of mine shipped off via the bay late last year before I had the misfortune of experiencing this. :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

I sold mine on ebay as well 3 months ago and had not experienced any peeling (yet).
Nice work on the custom suit!

Do not forget please that you are located in a hot humid country, Malaysia, this is a very important factor too. I've seen a Captain America PF statue getting mould and fungus on Statue Forum, there was a member Singapore IIRC... This could happen to many more figures with cloth, leather or pleather in similar climate areas.

Do not forget please that you are located in a hot humid country, Malaysia, this is a very important factor too. I've seen a Captain America PF statue getting mould and fungus on Statue Forum, there was a member Singapore IIRC... This could happen to many more figures with cloth, leather or pleather in similar climate areas.

Exactly...the weather in Singapore & Malaysia is superbly hot & humid. Our average temperature per day is like 28 to 35 Degrees Celsius. Pleather, faux leather or other similar materials don't really last that well with the type of climate we live in.

no fear of the weather here now coz if the suit peels again, Ill make another one :naughty

I was told to put moth balls in my display cabinet to prevent mold/fungus. Only time will tell whether it works....:sick

It's not just people who live in Malaysia. The undersuit is cheap, like Hasbro's, which also does this. I'm pretty sure there are other factors involved with it too, like age, use, etc.

mine only started peeling after i showered with it. kinda glad i'm not the only one.

Yup, it's a classic! I remember getting my mom to buy it on video when it first came out back in the day. She only knew Eddie from his SNL stuff....SUCKER!!! :lol Should be expected, but to those who don't know, WARNING: HARSH LANGUAGE AHEAD (lotta S-bombs but still PG-13)!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/pjjMYdteWvw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/pjjMYdteWvw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>​

That sucks to see... but like Nam both of mine are long gone to eBay buyers.

man i'm at work i wish i could watch that but i'd be laughing too hard.

I would love to see THAT Eddie Murphy do movies again, movies like Beverly Hills Cop 1 and 2 were great, then there was BHC3 and most of his modern stuff and he just lost his touch.

I would love to see THAT Eddie Murphy do movies again, movies like Beverly Hills Cop 1 and 2 were great, then there was BHC3 and most of his modern stuff and he just lost his touch.

We'll see what happens. Last I heard, he went back on the circuit doing stand-up. So hopefully that'll bring him around again. It's funny. I remember my parents saying he stole all his material from Richard Pryor and I was like, "No way! Eddie's original!" But now I see Chris Rock, Dave Chapelle, Chris Tucker and even Tracy Morgan stealing Eddie's material.

lost his touch, or lost his balls? stop taking stupid disney rolls eddie.

Theres supposed to be another Beverly Hills Cop in the works.

I'lm glad I got rid of my Medi Vader, I really hated the fact that it was so short and the dome came off so easily.

I enjoy the SS Vader so much more.

Back