IF Hot Toys made Hulk- How should they design his body?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which body type would you want for a Hulk figure ?

• Full muscle body, no visible joints- like Leonidas

Votes: 34 42.5%
  • Cut shoulder joints- like Dutch

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Sculpted muscle arms, visible joints- like Wolverine

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Plastic sculpted body- like Predator

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters

Centrocal

Super Freak
Reaction score
If Hot Toys made Hulk, they would probably have to design a brand new body because of his size, but which style should they use? I think, the Dutch style body would work best because it would have a better cosmetic look to it, despite having limited articulation. The problem was Dutch couldn't hold his gun, but Hulk doesn't really need to hold anything

No contest...they HAVE to make sure there are no visible joints. I don't really care if this restrains its posing abilities.

The new style body is the way to go... seems to be the best of both worlds. And I love that they are painting the bodies as well as the head.

Hulk will be one expensive sonofa_____, but he'll be one kickass figure :rock

I'm actually torn between the new style body with the sculpted arms and the full rubber body. I'd like a body that doesn't show the joints but I'd want to pose the body in a way where it is dynamic and not just standing there. With the Hulk you have to pose him in an action pose. I think for me personally I'd be happy with a body like Dutch where the shoulders are exposed joints so that you can lift the arms up and down. The way I have him posed in my mind that's the only articulation that would need to be freed up. The rubber arms have enough posability for a good pose IMHO.

I'd go with joints .
Silicone doesn't only limit the movement but scares me of ripping it someday :(

I don't want no rubber figure with wires inside. Those are called "bend-ems"

admiral_ackbar_han_solo_card_20A_S_US_bendems_800.jpg

Gimme joints or gimme nothing.

No matter what, it's still a toy.

Don't like joints, get statues.

No, it's a scaled representation of a real human being. And on some of them, with the right photographer, they could easily be mistaken for the real thing. I don't know about you, but I don't play with toys anymore.

Joints, unfortunately, make figures look like toys.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:lol

There is just no in between with stats and action fig lovers.

I swing both ways, yea I said it, jump all over that one and make the jokes...

doesn't matter because whose big in pants? Hulk is!!!!! :lecture

No, it's a scaled representation of a real human being. And on some of them, with the right photographer, they could easily be mistaken for the real thing. I don't know about you, but I don't play with toys anymore.

Do you tell yourself that so you can feel better about buying toys?

Also, when you get into larger sized rubber bodies you loose almost all articulation.

I have the Apexplorers T-Rex figure which is a about twice the bulk of the regular muscular bodies, and it barely has any articulation. Looks nice, but not much fun to pose.

Hulk would be even worse, he needs to be a fully sculpted figure with well designed joints like they are doing with the new bodies.

Back